GDT: Preseason Game 5. Kraken @ Oilers beer leaguer. Streaming on Oilers+ at 7 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I would amend that second line is pretty weird too. Even weirder that its a 2nd line. Please start regular season!

Well I think KK said he was planning on starting 2 lines and 2 bubble lines. Tonight were getting Line 1 and Line 4 essentially.

Next game we will Line 2 and Line 3.

Hopefully get close to final line up the last 2 games.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Well I think KK said he was planning on starting 2 lines and 2 bubble lines. Tonight were getting Line 1 and Line 4 essentially.

Next game we will Line 2 and Line 3.

Hopefully get close to final line up the last 2 games.
Yeah, there will be a lot of cuts after the Monday game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
im guessing they are seeing something in practices that favour him over Philp. You can't really compare the games they've played against each other. Im guessing it's a drive and willingness to compete on SORs part that is keeping in the picture.
How has he been on draws? The kid oozes hockey IQ, I just don't want him pigeonholed into a 4C. He has some offensive talent too. I wonder if we might give him 9 games since Philp doesn't require waivers?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
What is the benefit of this? He hasn't outplayed Philp for instance. Send him to London and have him be their top line center there assuming there isn't someone better still there.

It’s not unprecedented for a defensive center to make the NHL at 18 despite not setting the world on fire in junior. Ryan O’Reilly was taken 33rd overall after being under a PPG in junior and immediately made the Avs. Bergeron was taken 45th overall after being barely over a PPG (but 31 points back of his teammate) and made the Bruins. Both worked their way up the lineup as they developed

I say this having not watched any of the preseason though

• Wow
Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It’s not unprecedented for a defensive center to make the NHL at 18 despite not setting the world on fire in junior. Ryan O’Reilly was taken 33rd overall after being under a PPG in junior and immediately made the Avs. Bergeron was taken 45th overall after being barely over a PPG (but 31 points back of his teammate) and made the Bruins. Both worked their way up the lineup as they developed

I say this having not watched any of the preseason though
I hear you, but I just don't want to limit his upside by killing whatever offensive confidence he has. IMO he has NHL strength and IQ, I just don't want him to become a dump and chase king when he has more to offer,

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I hear you, but I just don't want to limit his upside by killing whatever offensive confidence he has. IMO he has NHL strength and IQ, I just don't want him to become a dump and chase king when he has more to offer,

Ryan O’Reilly had 26 points his first two seasons in the NHL, and it didn’t limit him at all. He’d also likely be centering a former Hart/Richard winner which is hard to see not being a tremendous benefit to his development. Podkolzin - O’Reilly - Perry isn’t really a dump and chase line. That would be a pretty skilled group that could cycle and use their size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad