Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I've actually found him very standoffish with the media this year. Maybe I just didn't notice it as much before. I know a lot of the media in this city can be assholish, but he seemed very short and curt a lot this year.
No, I definitely noticed the same - more awkward in front of the media this year.

Like I said above, I think he's a player / person who isn't properly protected from external noise, meaning he always knows what's going on with social media and fan narratives. His quotes always seem to be taken out of context, or even like today, presented very poorly with missing context. THat has to turn someone defensive when it keeps happening.

I'd much rather see him just not do media than what we have seen this year, but then again, that doesn't go down well either.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I don’t know who this guy is, but I sure hope he’s right about this…….

Dubas was going to do what you all wanted and Shanny didn't want to... that is what I am hearing...

Also... he is clueless.

"Cap space is more important than draft picks"... then July 1st... "It is insanity that they spent so much on X"

Cap space can't play for your team, and lots of GMs use cap space poorly.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Dubas was going to do what you all wanted and Shanny didn't want to... that is what I am hearing...

Also... he is clueless.

"Cap space is more important than draft picks"... then July 1st... "It is insanity that they spent so much on X"

Cap space can't play for your team, and lots of GMs use cap space poorly.
I highly doubt Mitch would have been the guy that Dubas would have traded...it probably would have been Willy AND he would have traded him to SJ for Karlsson....he wanted that deal before the deadline last year and did it as soon as he had the shackles off. I am glad he never got the chance TBH.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
With Dubas sitting beside him.
Ultimate troll job.
I’d like to answer that question on behalf of Sheldon please:
1715024806854.jpeg

I’m gonna steal your coach Shanny!!!!!

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Before Dubas left he probably told Keefe that if things don't work out in Toronto that he'd love to have him (coaching) in Pittsburgh. Might explain why Sullivan hasn't been fired yet...keeping him around until Keefe might be available.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I am not exactly anyone but Berube but close.

IMO. He comes across as not the sharpest tool in the shed.
As an assistant coach SURE....head coach no thanks.

I would be SHOCKED if the next hire doesn't have a Stanley Cup ring in his coaching resume.
That is what is scaring me into thinking he will be the guy.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I am not exactly anyone but Berube but close.

IMO. He comes across as not the sharpest tool in the shed.
As an assistant coach SURE....head coach no thanks.

I would be SHOCKED if the next hire doesn't have a Stanley Cup ring in his coaching resume.
That is what is scaring me into thinking he will be the guy.

I don't like the idea of recycling a head coach either. I'm sure there's a junior/AHL coach out there that could do a good job but it's probably not the idea this time around. Berube is well liked, has had some form of success and he's a veteran of the NHL.

The veteran names available are pretty much all with the same kind of resumes. The one thing Berube has over the others is a cup ring.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Lil doesn't need an exit interview. He needs to be shown the Exit sign.

Last edited:

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
This "it's time to move on" should be said to a number of players.

Their Defense being re-signed should be priority number one. Then trying to move Marner and/or JT. I'd also try to move Reilly. Time to take the kid gloves off and the rose colored glasses.

Time to shake this dust off this core. Bring in the same types, don't deviate from the playoff blueprint.

I saw how Vegas built their team. The Leafs just need to proper power forward. Assume McMann is healthy next year, Knies is a year older. Pick up similar types such as Bert and Domi who get in the blue paint, cause havok, play North/South.

Marner should be gone even if it means putting him on waivers or letting him walk. JT fullfilled his contract, he has a year max left.
the difference with Vegas is they have large puck moving defensemen on every pair. none of our guys move the puck well or score then we wonder why our offense dries up in the playoffs

Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad