Pre-Game Talk: Local streaming available this year through SNP360

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
NordVPN shits the bed when I try to "login" to Chicago to try to watch Pens games.
I'm out of market so I only had to do it the few times that the Pens were in town, but it worked for me with Nord the last few years. I never picked a specific location other than USA. I assume it picks the fastest one and so far haven't had that be the city I'm in :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yeah I had a similar issue, I wasn’t sure if I was just technologically inept (I am) or not. I already have ESPN+ so I’ll certainly try that again before shelling out the $18/mo for local games.

I'm out of market so I only had to do it the few times that the Pens were in town, but it worked for me with Nord the last few years. I never picked a specific location other than USA. I assume it picks the fastest one and so far haven't had that be the city I'm in :laugh:

I opened ESPN+ in an Incognito tab while my VPN location was set to not Pittsburgh (or Buffalo) for this game. It looks like the "Blackout" restriction has been removed.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Easy end around if you prefer Roku like I always have. Fire sticks are as cheap as dirt. Especially eith Black Fiday coming up.

I paid up for this. Thanks for the heads up. Haven't paid for cable in years. About time they decoupled sports. It actually ends up being close to $20 a month after fees and taxes.

My only regret is lining Nutting's pocket. Wish that it could just be Pens' games and the entire $20 going to the Pens.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Easy end around if you prefer Roku like I always have. Fire sticks are as cheap as dirt. Especially eith Black Fiday coming up.

I paid up for this. Thanks for the heads up. Haven't paid for cable in years. About time they decoupled sports. It actually ends up being close to $20 a month after fees and taxes.

My only regret is lining Nutting's pocket. Wish that it could just be Pens' games and the entire $20 going to the Pens.
Think you’re lining FSG’s pockets, not Nutting since FSG now owns and operates SNP.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I need to find a Pittsburgh based VPN.

I have to reset the fire stick, VPN in to another city, then open the streaming app. It doesn't automatically reset where it thinks you are.

I use NordVPN and the closest connection point currently to Pgh is in Manassas, VA which I'm guessing is Caps turf.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I guess FSG was never going to go the over-the-air route that some of the other RSNs have over the last couple of years.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
But what price for the pleasure of watching exciting, high stakes Penguins hockey all year, Cole?

Besides the full year is like... half the price of one pair of new kickaround shoes you'd buy.
I hate Sully. Have i mentioned that in the last 5 years? ;)

Yeah, cancel anytime.

The quality is solid, but I haven't paid for it - I have SNP through Fios and was able to stream a couple of Pirates games while on the road this summer.

I watch the Pirates too and $18 is lot less than the $160/month I was paying Comcrap for cable.

Thank you fellas! So okay - you have me thinking. I do not have cable (wife and I moved into a new home!). So $18/month is not bad just for winter especially if it's cancel any time.

So let me ask y'all... will i be blacked out of ANY games? Or do i get every game? Because I do not watch TV. I simply watch Pens and if i'm not doing anything i throw on the Steelers or OSU games. But only if i'm not doing anything lol.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I hate Sully. Have i mentioned that in the last 5 years? ;)

Thank you fellas! So okay - you have me thinking. I do not have cable (wife and I moved into a new home!). So $18/month is not bad just for winter especially if it's cancel any time.

So let me ask y'all... will i be blacked out of ANY games? Or do i get every game? Because I do not watch TV. I simply watch Pens and if i'm not doing anything i throw on the Steelers or OSU games. But only if i'm not doing anything lol.
You will not be blacked out of any games that are scheduled to be broadcast by Sportsnet Pittsburgh. However, it's the Penguins, and they're still a national draw. So there will be games on ESPN or TNT that are not on Sportsnet Pittsburgh.

The schedule on the Pens site lists the TV - if ESPN/TNT aren't listed, it'll be on SN Pittsburgh.

So you'd miss the home opener, for example, since that's on TNT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad