Pre-Game Talk: Local streaming available this year through SNP360

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
NordVPN shits the bed when I try to "login" to Chicago to try to watch Pens games.
Yeah I had a similar issue, I wasn’t sure if I was just technologically inept (I am) or not. I already have ESPN+ so I’ll certainly try that again before shelling out the $18/mo for local games.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
NordVPN shits the bed when I try to "login" to Chicago to try to watch Pens games.
I'm out of market so I only had to do it the few times that the Pens were in town, but it worked for me with Nord the last few years. I never picked a specific location other than USA. I assume it picks the fastest one and so far haven't had that be the city I'm in :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yeah I had a similar issue, I wasn’t sure if I was just technologically inept (I am) or not. I already have ESPN+ so I’ll certainly try that again before shelling out the $18/mo for local games.

I'm out of market so I only had to do it the few times that the Pens were in town, but it worked for me with Nord the last few years. I never picked a specific location other than USA. I assume it picks the fastest one and so far haven't had that be the city I'm in :laugh:

I opened ESPN+ in an Incognito tab while my VPN location was set to not Pittsburgh (or Buffalo) for this game. It looks like the "Blackout" restriction has been removed.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Easy end around if you prefer Roku like I always have. Fire sticks are as cheap as dirt. Especially eith Black Fiday coming up.

I paid up for this. Thanks for the heads up. Haven't paid for cable in years. About time they decoupled sports. It actually ends up being close to $20 a month after fees and taxes.

My only regret is lining Nutting's pocket. Wish that it could just be Pens' games and the entire $20 going to the Pens.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Easy end around if you prefer Roku like I always have. Fire sticks are as cheap as dirt. Especially eith Black Fiday coming up.

I paid up for this. Thanks for the heads up. Haven't paid for cable in years. About time they decoupled sports. It actually ends up being close to $20 a month after fees and taxes.

My only regret is lining Nutting's pocket. Wish that it could just be Pens' games and the entire $20 going to the Pens.
Think you’re lining FSG’s pockets, not Nutting since FSG now owns and operates SNP.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I need to find a Pittsburgh based VPN.

I have to reset the fire stick, VPN in to another city, then open the streaming app. It doesn't automatically reset where it thinks you are.

I use NordVPN and the closest connection point currently to Pgh is in Manassas, VA which I'm guessing is Caps turf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad