Pre-Game Talk: Local streaming available this year through SNP360

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KrisLeturnover

Jan 17, 2021
I wanted to make this thread to inform my fellow non-cable fans that SportsNet Pittsburgh now has its' own subscription-based app. It was something I had hoped would be available last year. The price is 18/month and you get full access to the channel. This makes it much less difficult to watch local games due to local blackouts on other services. There were certain methods available, but this will get you the games reliably with the ability to watch on multiple types of devices in good quality.

Google SNP360 for more info on the service.

Finally, my dudes.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
But what price for the pleasure of watching exciting, high stakes Penguins hockey all year, Cole?

Besides the full year is like... half the price of one pair of new kickaround shoes you'd buy.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Does it have full DVR capability? Like can I start midway through a game, or pause a game while watching?

I don't think so but you can pause it and come back later and it will pick up where you left off.

It does have the two channels they have on cable in case Pens/Bucs are playing at the same time (not likely this time of year).

Reactions: KrisLeturnover

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don't think so but you can pause it and come back later and it will pick up where you left off.

It does have the two channels they have on cable in case Pens/Bucs are playing at the same time (not likely this time of year).
Can i pause it until Sullivan's fired? Do they refund me if I do that for 10yrs?

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
It’s really for people who don’t have cable but still want to watch games. It’s been a long time coming.

After local sports are decoupled from cable I’m not sure how cable survives.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
It’s really for people who don’t have cable but still want to watch games. It’s been a long time coming.

After local sports are decoupled from cable I’m not sure how cable survives.
Old people and other shut ins who think they need to watch cable news 24/7.
Yeah it’ll sting. But as someone who is out of market and doesn’t rely on local sports channels- I think it has a chance to come back if they find a way to get decent channel packages with access to on demand. Like if I can get Max, ESPN+, Shotime thru Verizon/Comcast/etc for a fair price… all in one place? starts to get intriguing.

There’s already some cost synergy to do your phone/internet/cable TV with a provider, and idk how much more consumers can be spread with all the different streaming services.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Can you really put a price on the privilege of watching Mike Sullivan hockey?

I can. They should pay people $50 a month.

Really people should look at it as a service.

Less than 20 bucks a month for reassurance that your life might be dull but not as dull as Penguins hockey and that hey maybe things aren't SO pathetic and unfulfilled in your career by way of comparison seems like a good deal for your mental health. But of course then you take the side effects of depression and alcohol abuse into consideration and realize that maybe it's a wash.

Reactions: SomeDude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad