Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned Braden

Feb 2, 2018
I'm putting Mika and Panarin on notice, because this shit is not sustainable.
Mika is fine. He still does good things when he's not scoring. Ditto Kreider.

But you're right about Bread. Paraphrasing Longshanks from Braveheart, the mere sight of him on the ice right now is encouraging the enemy to take the whole country. Florida actually looks excited to play defense when he has the puck.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
the national broadcasts are always jarring because we're so used to MSG and the great job they do but holy shit i've never heard one be so obviously slanted to one team before. even joe buck wasn't this bad with the yankees back in the 2000's.

who remembers when Bennett ran into Igor and butt-ended him in the chin? blatant goaltender interference that should've been called.
FERRARO: this is a great play. he makes it look like he's pushed in. this is just great playoff hockey.

then Trouba elbows Rodrigues in the shoulder and he acts like he's dead
FERRARO: holy crap Sean they may need to get the guillotine out for this one

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Question for yall, NHL.com has Wenneberg's goal as deflected shot rather than a tip in, suggested the puck accidentally bounced off him but it looked to me like he moved the stick in the direction of the puck like it was on purpose.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
We were lucky to win but I don't wanna hear them cry either.

The officiating was comically in their favor. The Barkov tip could have gone anywhere. Reinhart scored off a Ranger. Bennett with the blatant penalty I've ever seen on Lindgren right before they tied it.

We just need to exit better. We have stop chasing them so much and leave layers in the passing lanes.

And the defensemen just have to be better. They scored twice right after we f***ed up easy clears.

These weren't situations where Florida were being relentless or you know a hit is coming. There were a dozen or so plays where Miller, Schneider, and Trouba had 20-foot rings of space around them and just made unforced errors.
I really don’t understand why they can’t just dress Jones as 7D who addresses their biggest weakness and gives a break to their injured hobbled D men instead of Rempes useless 4 minutes where they get scored on or take a penalty.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I really don’t understand why they can’t just dress Jones as 7D who addresses their biggest weakness and gives a break to their injured hobbled D men instead of Rempes useless 4 minutes where they get scored on or take a penalty.

I think the "shoot the puck" fans and media have influence on Lavi's decision to play him.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Question for yall, NHL.com has Wenneberg's goal as deflected shot rather than a tip in, suggested the puck accidentally bounced off him but it looked to me like he moved the stick in the direction of the puck like it was on purpose.
What's your question?Did he tip it?if so-yes

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
The Debbie’s “around the league playoff thread” today bitching about the rangers is longer than most of their game day threads hahahah. We should be paying them rent for how much we live in their heads

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I don't care if Rempe plays zero minutes. If it's as simple as him being a good luck charm, then so be it.
Just make him backup goalie. At worst if we need him to play he can just be on his knees and his shoulders will still cover the crossbar. The added benefit is he can f*** with Bennett and Tkachuk in the Crease without getting sent to the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad