Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Ok, before some clowns accuse me of being on the rose colored glasses team again or whatever, let me just give it to you like this.

Good:

-We're scoring at 5v5. If we keep getting ESG, we're winning the Cup yesterday.

-If we just won our overtime games, we win the Cup in 2014 and go back to the Finals in 2015. We're doing that.

Bad:

-Man, that was the worst Rangers playoff win in my lifetime.

-We haven't had a win that wasn't overtime or a miracle comeback since game 1 against Carolina.

What I'm not that concerned about: the powerplay and the big forwards. They're gonna heat up. The team just sucked today. You can't expect your big guys to be good when the whole team isn't good.

What I am concerned about: our defense corps sucks. It's Gustafsson for the little time he plays and half of Adam Fox. Everyone else is unwatchable. It's a legit weakness. We knew it was a weakness but they can't be as bad as they were today.

I'm not trying to be negative. All I'm saying is, we're six wins away from the best thing that's ever going to happen to us outside of wives and kids (and in some cases even then). Now is the time to step it up and close this f***er out.

I think Laviolette needs to make a few adjustments despite the win. The powerplay needs a long look in practice and need to stop chasing behind the net so much.

Get back to playing the way we did in games 1 and 2 and we go to the Finals.

It's great for Gus, but it's a questionable state of things when he's our best d-man.

I don't even know what to say about Trouba's play today. He and Miller were both looking really rough. The best thing you can do is put KAM and Schneider back together and hope it settles things down.

Fox on one leg is average, as much as it pains me to say it.

It's a very ugly win, but I'm happy to take it. I really dislike Florida this series even though I wanted them to win over Vegas last year. Verhaeghe is a great player, but damn does he get under my skin.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Can’t wait to read the Devils board later.
I love lurking our Rivals boards after a W like this ........

giphy.gif

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
How many times can we go "hey we didn't give out best but still won?" Well shit here we go again.

Not often do you say you blew a 2 goal lead in the third and praise your goalie for winning the game. That's how f***ing tilted the game was and really Igor stopped the bleeding while we reenacted the Robocop scene when Murphy gets shot like 100 times.

Last edited:

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
You know what, screw all the stolen game crap

Rangers finished their high danger chances. Beat Bobrovsky high 5 times this game (Laf's 2nd was elevated but wasn't roofed, still counts)

Panthers had 2nd change with a good forecheck, but Kelly Sutherland did everything he could to tip that damn ice. I watched Ekblad punch Panarin in the back of the head with his free hand and then 2 minutes later Trouba gets called for leaning on Tkachuk too hard.

A bunch of players on this team battled their asses off for that win. Celebrate them and count on a good team making adjustments needed elsewhere.

AND that few minutes of OT was better play from the team than the entire 3rd period. Good.

Lets f***ing go

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
He's always winning his board battles. He should get another look with Kreider and Mika because he can still do the dirty work there.

Whenever Mika shuts down offensively you gotta think it's because he's focusing on defense. Also, don't forget we didn't get last change today. Maurice is a smart MFer. He took advantage of us today. This might have been a coaching fail here.

Reactions: FUZfan

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Incredible performances from Laffy , Vinny, and Goody and an unlikely goal from Wennberg. He's getting results so hard to criticize Lavi but I don't understand why he's giving Rempe, and Cuylle such little icetime. Laffy deserved more icetime and Chytil sucks on the wing. He's been terrible.

Reactions: FUZfan

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It was 4-2 when I stopped watching (saw the 2 goals we gave up when ESPN let me know). We had some people stop in and I was a good host. I check my phone and it's 4-4 and 3rd period is over.

Now we win in OT.

Just . . . insane.

Reactions: NYR94

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Don’t want to hear about they didn’t deserve to win that game or they didn’t play well enough to win. They got it done, this is going to hopefully put a lot of doubt in Florida’s heads.

They were also fighting poor reffing all night, so that didn’t help either.
I mean they definitely stole this game man. Ill take it though.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.

rangers stole this win. they have to play so much better on tuesday.

at least they’ll get a few extra hours of rest and no travel vs. the bullshit today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad