Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Regarding Mika, Panarin, and Kreider. I'm going to give a ton of credit to Florida for taking them out of the first three games of this series and making them essentially non-factors.

Kreider has 8 SOG and 10 hits.
Mika has 7 SOG.
Panarin has 7 SOG.

Of the three I think Kreider has been the most impactful when on the forecheck with some physical play, but it's still not enough.

I mean Barclay Goodrow has three goals on 4 SOG in this series. It's absurd, but so great at the same time to get these timely contributions. It's stuff like this that wins you cups.

Lafreniere has 2 goals, 10 SOG (6 of them yesterday), and 10 hits.

Mika and Panarin need to be smarter with the puck. Lots of turnovers. Mika went from 62.5% on faceoffs in Game 2 to 36.4% in Game 3. Maurice was shrewd in the matchups.
They will get going. Florida has focused on them
Which had opened it up for other players to step up

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
giphy.gif

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Igor didn't steal that game. Attempted shots are a dumb stat and...you know...not actually saves. He had about an .810 save percentage in that game. He definitely played well and did his part...but he didn't steal the game.

The Rangers played well in the first period. Being tied after one was pretty good considering the refs were only allowed to call penalties on the Rangers for that 20 minutes and Miller forgot how to do icing.

The Rangers were the clear better team in the second period and had a two goal lead that the absolutely deserved. After two periods the Rangers were the better team and we were all happy fans.

In the third, the Rangers sat on the lead and got caved. They shouldn't do that again. The Panthers were rewarded with the about two goals they should have gotten to tie the game. But the Rangers didn't fold like Carolina did when they gave up the lead in the clincher. They killed off a late penalty on a shit call after a shit luck stick break by Trouba. They took the right timeout, and made it to overtime. Then they regrouped and did their Rangers OT thing and won.

Mcdonnough and Suban closed the broadcast felating Igor not because they like Igor, but because it's their backhanded way of saying the Rangers aren't that good and didn't deserve the win. It's even getting to Valliquette who was saying some nonsense about 5 v 5 in the postgame, even though Florida was the power play "merchants" through the first two thirds of that game, and the Rangers don't have a PP goal in the series.

Don't let it seep into this board. The Rangers won the president's cup because they were the best team in the regular season. They are winning the ECF because they've been the best team in this series. Everything else is just jealous narrative. We deserve good things.
Well said! This is a truly refreshing post and I agree 100%.

Reactions: Ned Braden

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
If you want them to keep their foot on the gas, we need the Rangers to switch from Reverse to Drive.

Can’t ask for a better ECF road game result against the other best team in the league.

Coulda been worse. Except trouba, he needs to play 1/2 the minutes he played last game.

Rodrigues is also the biggest crybaby, diving, fake ass testicle left in the playoffs.

Reactions: Atax

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is this serious? I laugh react when something is funny. Are we really supposed to not laugh at things because it’s trolling? Wtf?

It’s how often you do it, and where you do it. Even if baited, you should report it, and ignore it. Just because someone trolls or attacks you, it doesn’t give you the right to attack back. Think of it as the ref giving out minors to both players when that happens.

Doing it on another team forum is going to get you in trouble, just don’t do it. It’s obviously on posts that were not meant to be funny.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Fil had a rough afternoon & honestly shouldn't be out there. He looks lost. His brain isn't processing the game at full speed yet.
I know we need bodies, but he's not the answer with Mika & Kreids.
Did you watch him get off the bench after Wennberg scored and the team was raucous and flying off the bench? He was the last person over the boards and looked off. Coulda been nothing but he had a weird look on his face like he was sort of out of it.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
In the regular season the Panthers were the most penalized team in the league. Refs put their whistles away in the playoffs and here we are.

Reactions: Atax

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
He has to get Chytil away from Mika and Kreider, say whatever you want about them, they are never this poor puck possession wise with literally anyone else.

Ros really didn’t do anything to deserve to lose his spot.
I’ll say it again: Ros back to 72 and 20; 91 to 4C, Cuylle Chytil KK. And if he’s not going to actually PLAY Rempe… maybe replace him.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's always winning his board battles. He should get another look with Kreider and Mika because he can still do the dirty work there.
He does, but m aking that move would ONLY make too much sense. Imagine "what if" Mika, Kreids and Foxy had numerous opportunities in the OZ because KK is making that happen. Imagine.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
This is a really tough matchup for the Rangers and the refs letting them play works to the Panthers advantage. It’s honestly a miracle Igor they are up 2-1. They need to find a way to have the puck on their stick much more next game.
They are letting FL play… we are still getting penalized.

Reactions: Ned Braden and CLW

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Problem is they haven't put it away for the Rangers.

Yeah thats really it here.

Incredible that Bennett has gotten a single game in suspension time over the last few years. People want to harp on Trouba but you can cut a reel with dirty shit that he's done in the post season alone that would all warrant time missed.

Plus every hit he throws is a charge.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I HATE overmoderation here. But I agree in general people laugh reacting on other boards is trolling. Laugh reacts in that context connotes laughing AT someone not with someone. When posters do it here it's definitely trolling. That said if you were tagged and laugh react that should absolutely NOT be an infraction.
You are right. It is trolling and we have banned/warned piles fans, devils fans, pens fans, etc who have done it here.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You know what, screw all the stolen game crap

Rangers finished their high danger chances. Beat Bobrovsky high 5 times this game (Laf's 2nd was elevated but wasn't roofed, still counts)

Panthers had 2nd change with a good forecheck, but Kelly Sutherland did everything he could to tip that damn ice. I watched Ekblad punch Panarin in the back of the head with his free hand and then 2 minutes later Trouba gets called for leaning on Tkachuk too hard.

A bunch of players on this team battled their asses off for that win. Celebrate them and count on a good team making adjustments needed elsewhere.

AND that few minutes of OT was better play from the team than the entire 3rd period. Good.

Lets f***ing go
Did you go as well? Because I swear I saw that. Maybe the TV didn't pick that up? IDK.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
He has to get Chytil away from Mika and Kreider, say whatever you want about them, they are never this poor puck possession wise with literally anyone else.

Ros really didn’t do anything to deserve to lose his spot.
Bet he's happy as shite he was involved in the game winning goal though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad