Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Didn't get to see the OT winner (lot of family stuff going on..my sister passed away today). Watched the highlight. What a stroke of luck! Wenn does that ever happen?! LGR!

Glad that the team gave you as much of a lift as they could have during this time. Nothing but love and well wishes your way from me.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Welp, aside from the win the bright side is that they can’t possibly play worse than that.

It was offensive how atrocious the Rangers were today. So bad it almost felt intentional.
I may be in the minority but I thought the 1st 2 periods were fine and only the 3rd was really bad. They also had to contend with 6 Florida PP's. Florida's defense is also overrated. The Rangers scored on multiple horrible Panther defensive breakdowns. I don't care about quantity. I care about quality.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I may be in the minority but I thought the 1st 2 periods were fine and only the 3rd was really bad. They also had to contend with 6 Florida PP's. Florida's defense is also overrated. The Rangers scored on multiple horrible Panther defensive breakdowns. I don't care about quantity. I care about quality.
1st and 2nd werent great but weren't bad. Florida kept getting momentum off their power plays but they're very vulnerable to getting caught and having to rely on their D to defend by themselves

Still, that's easier said than done, but they're not a complete well oiled machine defensively or anything, you just have to avoid playing defense youreslf all game long

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The whole key is to gain their zone and then they can be exploited by a decent forecheck. The top 2 lines suck at it. The bottom two lines have been able to establish forechecks.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Rival fans expectations for us when they go on and on about Trouba is the dirtiest and should be suspended.

Oh no, don't suspend Trouba! He is the soul of the team!!! Whatever will the Rangers do?!?! We deserve all the preferential treatment, we're O6!!!!!!!!

---

Actual reality: STAPLE HIS ASS TO THE BENCH ALREADY, JFC MY HEART CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE, UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH WTF ARE YOU DOING? OMG <insert bunch of angry sounds when opponent scores again> PLEASE GOD, WHAT IS THE BUYOUT ON THIS SHIT????

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: jacko23 and tlk

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We said that after the last series.

He actually did shit in the last series.

Panarin struggling in this series is not a surprise. Concering? Yeah because they still need to win 2 games and Florida is still good but they've gotten themselves halfway there with out him. I've got a tough time believing that they're going to hold him down for every game the rest of the way.

Reactions: kovazub94 and tlk

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
no lets just watch the PP go 0-25 in the series instead
Yeah I mean they’re allergic to adjusting it and it’s ridiculous. It’s not even like they’re generating or sustaining anything, the power play was horseshit for the majority of the Canes series too but they scored on a few broken plays and that one clutch tic tac toe to Kreider in game 6. Need the guys with juice and confidence out there, Id put Laf and Gus/Jones on it next game. Honestly not sure how people don’t think this guy immediately makes the 1st unit better

1716785329892.gif

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He actually did shit in the last series.

Panarin struggling in this series is not a surprise. Concering? Yeah because they still need to win 2 games and Florida is still good but they've gotten themselves halfway there with out him. I've got a tough time believing that they're going to hold him down for every game the rest of the way.
Not disagreeing...my point was we hoped there would be more open ice for him after the last series. I thought he played well against the Canes even if the point weren't piling up.

This series he simply hasn't been good enough. Even when he has some time & a little bit of space, he's fumbling passes or whiffing on shots. Plus he's reverting to the perimeter game.

Even though we keep repeating it, he needs to dig deeper yet again. After the season he's had, I still think he's going to make some noise before this series is over. Mika on the other hand....

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I'm surprised they didn't stick to the ice when he was feigning his own death, like Ralphie's tongue did to the pole in a Christmas story.
Lavi: what's the matter? Why are crying?

K'Andre: DoPS is gonna kill Trouba!

Lavi: no it's not

K'Andre: Yes it is to!

Lavi: no I promise you DoPS is not gonna kill Trouba. Would you like some milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad