LL v.99 - Old Dude taking charge

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
My favcourite character was Midge. Can't find any clips, but remember that episode with her in the sweaters and skipping? :laugh: :nod:

My favorite episode ever was when Red eats the pot brownies and sells Eric's car. :laugh:

Close second is when they go to Canada!

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
When you take him?

Were you not in there during the draft?

I was hyping up my next pick, saying he was the steal of the draft (it was the 2nd last round I think), for like 10 minutes.

Went to pick (Zajac), and accidentally, somehow, picked Sami ****ing Salo.

:facepalm:

Everyone was like "This is your steal of the draft? Salo sucks" :laugh:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
My favorite episode ever was when Red eats the pot brownies and sells Eric's car. :laugh:

Close second is when they go to Canada!

Haha, yes, that episode is hilarious!

Vaguely remember Red eating the pot brownies but can't really remember everything that happens in the episode.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

I was hyping up my next pick, saying he was the steal of the draft (it was the 2nd last round I think), for like 10 minutes.

No, my team was auto'ed to me because I couldn't get on Yahoo. It said the league was full. So I went to my hockey game instead.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I would've done the same thing. Wouldn't pick again until 32nd at which point you aren't looking at very good goalies being left.

Exactly. Rangers have gotten better too. They gave up their depth for a top end power forward and their defensemen get more experience. They have an amazing core too. Not only that but every other goalie besides Quick and a select others have question marks around them.. Rinne without Suter, Howard without Lidstrom, Fleury - Vokoun, etc.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Crosby = Malkin > Everyone including Lundqvist every time.

There's more scoring forwards then there are a goalies who are as good as Lundqvist. My team is still well balanced because I took Lundqvist so early.

JMcLeaf

I was surprised by the Lundqvist pick, but at the same time I understand it because of what grant said

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Exactly. Rangers have gotten better too. They gave up their depth for a top end power forward and their defensemen get more experience. They have an amazing core too.

The top players I had rated were all goalies, unfortunately I didn't get any of my top 3 :laugh:

I went for goalies, defense who block a lot of shots and hit a lot and forward who blocked shots, hit and still got decent points but wasn't focusing on that. My forwards on avg still got 36 points which would have been good for 156th overall among forwards last season. Not bad I think considering I was never focusing on that mainly. Should be good enough to win me some matchups here and there which is fine by me.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I was surprised by the Lundqvist pick, but at the same time I understand it because of what grant said

We will see if my strategy and preparation was right once the season is over :laugh: I'm predicting a middle of the pack finish, don't think I will be in the upper echelon of teams but I feel I stacked enough categories that I won't be last either.

JMcLeaf

We will see if my strategy and preparation was right once the season is over :laugh: I'm predicting a middle of the pack finish, don't think I will be in the upper echelon of teams but I feel I stacked enough categories that I won't be last either.

do we have playoffs? or just best record at end wins

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
do we have playoffs? or just best record at end wins

I have no idea. It's my first fantasy league, I don't know how to look this stuff up myself or what are the right questions to ask :laugh: Hadn't even thought about playoffs to be honest, no idea how those would work.

Apr 1, 2010

Zajac was an awesome pick. Everyone had forgtten him.

I would say steal of the draft.

Hey were gonna have to talk about trades.

There needs to be a veto option for anything too lopsided.

Next thread or PM's or whatever.

Just need a system to prevent messing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad