Prospect Info: Linus Weissbach (2017, 192nd) Signed by Frolunda, SHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Since nothing has happened yet, I am assuming he is not signing here. With the injuries we have and the approaching trade deadline, you would think a contract would of been offered by now. I am not saying he is a savior but a kid to see what he can do at a higher level. We have contracts available. And roster spots. He can make a good chunk of change signing right away.
He could also just be waiting a week or two to relax and then would sign after the deadline.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I always think it’s odd that they’re so concerned about schools paying players that they have to maintain amateur status but if someone is good at what they do regarding their academics, at least some fields, they can sign a letter of intent and wind up employed immediately upon leaving school.

really all the clause in the CVA does is put the onus on the team to maintain a solid relationship with their draftees. And if they don’t… You frequently see players going elsewhere. I also don’t begrudge anyone the choice to work in the field they decide to be employed in in a location that they would desire. While I would love my favorite sports teams to be able to flourish, I think it’s more important to at least allow a little bit of choice for players, especially ones who are putting in all of the work to go from being a late round flyer to being an actual player.
If you go the Big Law route in law school, you spend your second summer working at first year associate rates (about $3500 a week) and then get hired officially at the end of that summer, to step into a $200,000 a year job as soon as you graduate.

That's ok, but if a college player signs a contract that doesn't even kick in until he graduates, now that fundamentally ruins higher education!

Reactions: Chainshot

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010

Source tweet translation from Google is a bit weird but I checked and the user that posted the transaction to EP is Swedish, so I’ll assume he’s signing and not “missed out”, as Google puts it.
Maybe some of our Swedish posters can confirm.

I can’t remember who his advisor is so I can’t check their social media to confirm - usually that’s a good way to get the scoop on signings before official releases.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Source tweet translation from Google is a bit weird but I checked and the user that posted the transaction to EP is Swedish, so I’ll assume he’s signing and not “missed out”, as Google puts it.

I can’t remember who his advisor is so I can’t check their social media to confirm - usually that’s a good way to get the scoop on signings before official releases.

Thanks jfb! Good news.

Reactions: Fezzy126

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Can we now all agree to stop listening to this f***stick, guy doesn't have a clue about hockey and doesn't have a single source for information

On the plus side, we brought the kid in.
On the flip side, it's too bad MH didn't hit it big on that bet and retire someplace warm and far away.

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Sabres make it official

Even more good news, they didn't have to burn an ELC year

That's some nice news. Hope he does well

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
giphy.gif

Reactions: HaNotsri

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I always think it’s odd that they’re so concerned about schools paying players that they have to maintain amateur status but if someone is good at what they do regarding their academics, at least some fields, they can sign a letter of intent and wind up employed immediately upon leaving school.

really all the clause in the CVA does is put the onus on the team to maintain a solid relationship with their draftees. And if they don’t… You frequently see players going elsewhere. I also don’t begrudge anyone the choice to work in the field they decide to be employed in in a location that they would desire. While I would love my favorite sports teams to be able to flourish, I think it’s more important to at least allow a little bit of choice for players, especially ones who are putting in all of the work to go from being a late round flyer to being an actual player.

And "regular students" can have paid internships over the summer, can make money with podcasts, YT channels, etc. that athletes couldn't do previously.

It will be interesting to see how far the NCAA goes with allowing athletes to make money off of the popularity their talents create.
Or, work co-op during college. Some engineering programs actually require it (GA Tech, RIT, others). I was young for my grade in school, and, as a result, making more money at age 19 in a factory than my dad was collecting in social security disability insurance. It was as much a necessity for our family as it was a perquisite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad