Value of: Linus Ullmark

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
I thinks it has more to him being a 20 point plug.

Linus may not bring a haul but it will be a hell of lot better than this guy

A lot better than the guy most people believe to be the closest player to Bergeron currently in the league? You guys realize that 50 does not actually equal 20, right?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Ullmark invoked his NMC to nix a deal to LA already. No reason to think he would accept it now
We don't know if he nixed the trade because he didn't want to go to LA or if he just didn't want to move cross country mid season. Offseason, especially after riding the bench in the playoffs, may change his tune on opportunities.

Reactions: YP44

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
What about Ullmark for Gavrikov? Both one year left. Gavrikov makes a little more but they’ll have the space.

We know the Bruins had interest in him in the past. I have no idea how LA feels about Gavrikov but if they have no intention of resigning him, it could make sense

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What about Ullmark for Gavrikov? Both one year left. Gavrikov makes a little more but they’ll have the space.

We know the Bruins had interest in him in the past. I have no idea how LA feels about Gavrikov but if they have no intention of resigning him, it could make sense

Yeah I had similar thoughts, but I just can’t get myself excited about Gavrikov’s extension. Lorhei will also be up for a new deal then, too, and if he keeps playing like this, not sure you want to put yourself in a situation where you can only offer Lorhei a bridge.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’d do Chychrun for Ullmark.
Seems a good fit for both sides.

I think how well Lorhei has been playing might be tempering the Bruins desire to add a D of that quality. Obviously, its easy to put too much stock into a few good playoff games, but even coming into this season it was Lorhei, not Lysell or Poitras, that those around the team that watch these guys every day (unlike the national guys) that was viewed as the Bruins top prospect.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Good hockey trades include:

Ullmark for Danault
Ullmark for Chychrun
Ullmark to NJ for 2025 1st
Ullmark for Gourde + 2nd or 3rd round pick
Ullmark for Detroit 2024 1st
Danault no-- Chychrun ?-- NJ 1st 2024 not 25-- Gourde no, Beniers yes haha-- Detroit depends on what is expected to be available at 15

Reactions: bbfan419 and kdog82

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
When was the last time a goalie was traded for a 1st round pick? And better yet a mid 1st round pick?

Especially a 31 year old by the time the season starts with one year on their contract?

I get it, Ullmark has been very good to great during the regular season over the past 5 seasons. But he has played more than half his teams games once during that span. So history would say the team trading for him is going to have to have a guy who can play in the other half of the games.

Then you get to his playoff performance and it has not been even good.

I think people are way overvaluing him especially in the current market that doesn’t value goalies in a high manner.

Reactions: moegillknee

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
When was the last time a goalie was traded for a 1st round pick? And better yet a mid 1st round pick?

Especially a 31 year old by the time the season starts with one year on their contract?

I get it, Ullmark has been very good to great during the regular season over the past 5 seasons. But he has played more than half his teams games once during that span. So history would say the team trading for him is going to have to have a guy who can play in the other half of the games.

Then you get to his playoff performance and it has not been even good.

I think people are way overvaluing him especially in the current market that doesn’t value goalies in a high manner.

I mean rumor has it that Dubas was about to make the move using the Pens 2023 first before he decided to bring back Jarry instead. To the point where the Bruins were calling prospects that hadn't talked to because talks were far enough along.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
NJ 1st 2024 not 25
1715275242185.png

By saying it would take New Jersey's 2024 1st, yes, yes you did.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We don't know if he nixed the trade because he didn't want to go to LA or if he just didn't want to move cross country mid season. Offseason, especially after riding the bench in the playoffs, may change his tune on opportunities.
I thin Blake tries to re-sign Gavrikov as it is one of the few players he has brought in on trade that made sense. That said I think there were rumors he almost did not re-sign last time as he likes smaller markets. Not sure where that would put Boston on his preferences.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think how well Lorhei has been playing might be tempering the Bruins desire to add a D of that quality. Obviously, its easy to put too much stock into a few good playoff games, but even coming into this season it was Lorhei, not Lysell or Poitras, that those around the team that watch these guys every day (unlike the national guys) that was viewed as the Bruins top prospect.
What about your 2024 1st rounder back as a main piece?

Anyways, I’m not sure he would even waive his NTC.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I know Devils fans say they won’t give up the 10th for him. That is the deal I have always pictured happening though and the Bs selecting Iginla

I think you're going to be disappointed.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how much the devils want Ullmark. The talk tying those two together was pretty tepid. Maybe it's just because the Markstrom talk was so deafening, but didn't seem like there was a lot of action on the Ullmark / Devils angle

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I know Devils fans say they won’t give up the 10th for him. That is the deal I have always pictured happening though and the Bs selecting Iginla
This is just my take, but I think New Jersey would only consider doing that if Ullmark agreed to a multi year extension to play in New Jersey as part of the trade.

"10th overall for one year of a goalie" doesn't feel right. In the Horvat pick (9th overall?) for Cory Schneider deal 11 summers ago, Schneider had I think 3 years on his contract, or was RFA and signed 3 years in New Jersey.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I give Broberg to the bruins for Ullmark everyday and twice on Sunday.
I thought the Oilers desperately needed good cheap young talent to play depth roles? Also, you'd have to then probably trade Skinner somewhere for cap reasons, and you won't get a Broberg back in that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad