Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolves019

May 6, 2007
Montreal
This is the same loser who had 3 picks in a row and passed on 3 All Stars mid first round.

The guy couldn't let Forbort and Gryzlyk deals expire without adding on 2 worse contracts in Peeke and Korpisalo both buyout candidates with no value. What good trades has he made? Sure he did well lucking into McAvoy a decade ago how many other good draft picks do we have? You hit on a few of them regardless when you have 60 every decade. You probably liked him adding Bruins hate figures at the deadline right? I absolutely loathe Orlov/Hathaway/Maroon and was disgusted this GM would add those losers to 2 teams that were Cup contenders what is next Matt Cooke as assistant coach?
And we will probably get another Backes for 7 years soon….

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1720117129275.png

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
A lot can happen over a season. Should have been a condition regardless. If the chance was so slim, OTT would have been OK with giving it, no?

This place will explode if Linus finds out over next year that he and his family love Ottawa area.
Sens fan here coming in peace. That's what we're hoping for 😉. In all seriousness, Korpi made some amazing saves here, for some reason, it was the 1st or 2nd shots from the point that went in too often (softies). There was talk that his helmet caused sightline issues and there was also an issue with his eyesight. Both of these problems will be resolved in the off-season. Also, most of our D didn't play well in front of either goalie and often screened the opponents shots or were getting hemmed in the D zone for extended periods of time. Boston has a better D and more defensive structure so I do expect Korpi to have better results in Boston. Also, he'll be the backup, not the starter. And having one of the best goalie coaches in Bob will also be a factor.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I think we had figured a Forsberg 50%, Kastelic and 2024 1 for unsigned and 25 plus Ostapchuk/Kleven for a signed Linus. We were not too far off. The Korpisalo thing is just something neither of us thought about
Sens fan here, coming in peace. I think it was related to cap space. Granted, next season they will be spending $8.75 million on goalies but it's Forsberg's last year so that'll free up some cap space to sign Ullmark if he decides to remain in Ottawa.

Reactions: BMC

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Sens fan here, coming in peace. I think it was related to cap space. Granted, next season they will be spending $8.75 million on goalies but it's Forsberg's last year so that'll free up some cap space to sign Ullmark if he decides to remain in Ottawa.

Okay, by now everyone definitely knows you're a Sens fan coming in peace. You're good! WE GOT IT!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Great. Bruins will be at about 11 million for goalies the next three years I guess

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Great. Bruins will be at about 11 million for goalies the next three years I guess
You guess????

Rask 8/56 M in 2013
Halak was getting 2.5 M

That’s 9.5 M with a 60 something cap

The Bruins have not none, not one, but two ASG in the last 4 years who are in their twenties

Korpi being dissed is outrageous

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
You guess????

Rask 8/56 M in 2013
Halak was getting 2.5 M

The Bruins have not none, not one, but two ASG in the last 4 years who are in their twenties

Yeah and karson kuhlman was their second line RW game 7 SCF which is kind of my point. Korpi is a luxury (and I use that term very loosely) they don’t need when they have a coach that is great with goalies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah and karson kuhlman was their second line RW game 7 SCF which is kind of my point. Korpi is a luxury (and I use that term very loosely) they don’t need when they have a coach that is great with goalies.
Lou - I’d encourage you to listen to Razor on The Skate Pod (latest episode). First 30 mins but really starting around the 18 minute mark.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Lou - I’d encourage you to listen to Razor on The Skate Pod (latest episode). First 30 mins but really starting around the 18 minute mark.
Razor wants to work for the Bruins imo. I just can’t get on board with anyone (especially Bruins media) saying getting Korpi back was a positive and prudent move when it was forced on them. I understand what the Bruins were up against so I get it but certainly not going to laud his acquisition. I appreciate the positive thoughts on him, but if he were not a Bruin I’m sure the sens would still be getting laughed at here for that contract

Again Korpisalo should be fine, just expensive. Also I think they could have signed anyone and will get similar results or maybe they go with Bussi.

As long as his deal doesn’t inhibit improvement down the road it hopefully won’t be an issue.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Razor wants to work for the Bruins imo. I just can’t get on board with anyone (especially Bruins media) saying getting Korpi back was a positive and prudent move when it was forced on them. I understand what the Bruins were up against so I get it but certainly not going to laud his acquisition. I appreciate the positive thoughts on him, but if he were not a Bruin I’m sure the sens would still be getting laughed at here for that contract

Again Korpisalo should be fine, just expensive. Also I think they could have signed anyone and will get similar results or maybe they go with Bussi.

As long as his deal doesn’t inhibit improvement down the road it hopefully won’t be an issue.
Well, he didn’t laud the deal. But he did have some thoughts on Bussi and the Bruins philosophy that I thought you’d find interesting.

Reactions: LouJersey

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It isn’t about Korpisalo the person. It’s about the contract and the trade made to acquire that contract. I don’t know why people are making it so personal. It’s a cap management and cap space issue.
3 M is about right

Every NHL player I’ve heard on the 3 M contract from Raycroft to Dubnyk on NHL Network thinks this is solid amount - right there and was in bad situation but will rebound

Me, two ASG goalies, goalie sorcerer (he can’t be a wizard without a hat) Bob on one side

A bunch of Bruins posters 80 % full time complainers on the other side

Game over

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
3 M is about right

Every NHL player I’ve heard on the 3 M contract from Raycroft to Dubnyk on NHL Network thinks this is solid amount - right there and was in bad situation but will rebound

Me, two ASG goalies, goalie sorcerer (he can’t be a wizard without a hat) Bob on one side

A bunch of Bruins posters 80 % full time complainers on the other side

Game over
The fact folks are leaving out the other assets we received is amazing to me. Who cares about the 3M, at the end of the day its chicken scratch and will not hurt them if he sucks. Im betting he will be a positive impact in the teams success and become an asset.

This kid will be on a mission to prove everyone wrong.

Reactions: DKH

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You guess????

Rask 8/56 M in 2013
Halak was getting 2.5 M

I agree. You haven't made a single offer for him. I can't believe your lack of faith.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The fact folks are leaving out the other assets we received is amazing to me. Who cares about the 3M, at the end of the day its chicken scratch and will not hurt them if he sucks. Im betting he will be a positive impact in the teams success and become an asset.

This kid will be on a mission to prove everyone wrong.

38.1%

Those are the odds the 25th overall pick will play at least 300 NHL games.

It's not like they took on this shitty, long-term deal and got back some stud prospect. They got a decent lottery ticket.

Reactions: HustleB

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
38.1%

Those are the odds the 25th overall pick will play at least 300 NHL games.

It's not like they took on this shitty, long-term deal and got back some stud prospect. They got a decent lottery ticket.
Until someone can prove to me there was a better deal to be made, Im not going to dwell on the unknowns. I see what's in front of me and Im okay with the return.

Not concerned in the least about the so-called shitty contract they took back. Cost of doing business.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Until someone can prove to me there was a better deal to be made, Im not going to dwell on the unknowns. I see what's in front of me and Im okay with the return.

Not concerned in the least about the so-called shitty contract they took back. Cost of doing business.

Okay, so which is it? You don't care, or the assets were actually good? Feels like you're trying to have it both ways.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I agree. You haven't made a single offer for him. I can't believe your lack of faith.
I waiting till I’m infront of you and your dog is trying to play ‘I dare you - try and pull the tennis ball out of my mouth’

I’m coming after him

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

The better deal was no deal. Deal him at the deadline. His tune would have changed with 25 games played in a contract year. His list would have gotten a lot bigger

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sorcerer Bob wants him

Case closed

Thank you Donny

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It isn’t about Korpisalo the person. It’s about the contract and the trade made to acquire that contract. I don’t know why people are making it so personal. It’s a cap management and cap space issue.
I have 3 backups in the SIM between 2.5-3.3 M

His value is around 2.5-3 M

I think 99% of Bruins fans think it’s more

Whenever someone starts bitching to me about him about his contract I ask them ‘bluntly’ what is his contract

They don’t know or get it wrong

On this thread it’s probably 80 % think he’s getting 4 M, 5 M, or don’t know

Sorcerer Bob knows goalies and Donny who graduated from Harvard with economics degree knows value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy