Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yea but then another backup would cost at least 2 million . Korpi being here is not a big deal and dont know why everyone is jumping off a cliff.

The biggest problem with the trade is that Sweeney let Ottawa unload a terrible contract in Korpisalo for free, they should have gotten additional draft picks/prospects, that's a total failure on Sweeney. How many times have we seen Sweeney pay a heavy price to unload the Bruins bad contracts. I won't even get into how terrible Korpisalo was and how the Bruins now have to " fix him ".

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Agree. But the similarities begin and end at W/L records.

Even a cursory look at those boring stats show that one of those goalies (Linus) was better by a huge margin. Linus clearly gave his team (Buffalo) a fighting chance to win games. Korpisalo on the other hand posted very poor numbers. If he’d posted anything close to Linus #’s both Columbus and Ottawa would have fared much much better.

There is simply no comparison between the two goalies. One is a legit starter and the other, for most of the past five seasons, has been a very average backup. $3M x 4 years is hard to swallow with his numbers. That Cap bite will likely come back to hurt us.
Imagine someone from another fanbase coming on here and comparing Korpisalo and Ullmark before this trade went down. They'd be banned for trolling.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The biggest problem with the trade is that Sweeney let Ottawa unload a terrible contract in Korpisalo for free, they should have gotten additional draft picks/prospects, that's a total failure on Sweeney. How many times have we seen Sweeney pay a heavy price to unload the Bruins bad contracts. I won't even get into how terrible Korpisalo was and how the Bruins now have to " fix him ".

There are some Mitchell Miller vibes around the Korpisalo trade. Very different issues to address of course, but the same "fix-er-upper" mentality.

Can't we just encourage Sweeney to adopt a rescue dog from the pound or something if he wants to go around helping the unfortunate? Keep the hockey business out of it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Linus's first press conference with the Ottawa media. Interesting to hear what he says about Goalie Bob (around the 19 minute mark). Thinks Goalie Bob should get in the hall of fame. Making me think yes, he will fix Korpisalo too.

I love this. I will miss him. It is so cool how well he spoke of goalie Bob.

Great interview. Thanks for posting.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Going to be pissed if a couple weeks into the season he decides he likes it there and maybe takes less money than he originally wanted and sighns.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. He sighted family as a reason for not accepting last season TDL trade. Ottawa has it's flaws like any other city but it is a fantastic place to bring up a family.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
There are some Mitchell Miller vibes around the Korpisalo trade. Very different issues to address of course, but the same "fix-er-upper" mentality.

Can't we just encourage Sweeney to adopt a rescue dog from the pound or something if he wants to go around helping the unfortunate? Keep the hockey business out of it.
They will spin it into being interested in him when in reality they didn't have a choice. I think buying him out would be worse at this point.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ratty

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
He passes along what he’s hearing. Those screenshots are from reputable sources. Throughout the league.
When you come up with a ‘more reliable source’ for anything we’ll give it a go.
Otherwise pipe down. Your constant trolling on this has run its course.
I’m always impressed with your patience in dealing with this mob Wally. Folks here are very lucky you are willing to do this job.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’m always impressed with your patience in dealing with this mob Wally. Folks here are very lucky you are willing to do this job.

IMG_1097.jpeg

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
A lot of that is on Ullmark and not Sweeney. I'm 100% sure if he'd have been willing to go to LA (before they got Kuemper) we'd have gotten more and if he would have been willing to sign an extension we'd have gotten more. What did you really expect Ottawa to give up for a guy who could walk in a year?
I did not blame anyone. I thought Vezina winner Ullmark value was higher.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
it's nothing personal, but he consistently shares info under the claim that it's insider info, more often than not it doesn't pan out, and yet it's treated like gospel. if it was just that I'd let it go, but he also gets extremely defensive & condescending when mere mortals question him or any of his info, so it's kind of a reap/sow situation.

I don't think the questions i'm asking should be considered controversial and I don't think they would be if they were asked of any other poster claiming to have inside info.
It's mostly all speculation anyways. If a person wants good information, go see Johnny the shoeshine guy.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think DS was so determined to get a 1st round pick that he lost focus.

There was the option of keeping Ullmark.

That's the choice I would have made before I get fleeced by a division rival.

Not even getting a conditional 3rd rounder if Ullmark re-signs is shameful.

DS is not a bad GM but every once in a while he does something that is so obviously wrong and he sets team back.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell

DS is not a bad GM but every once in a while he does something that is so obviously wrong and he sets team back.

Apparently conditional picks are no longer aloud based on a player resigning. I think Dom mentioned it on one of the Bruins podcasts

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

Can’t do conditions on a resigning
First round picks are costly

Reactions: JOKER 192

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
For some reason people need to crap on the GM who oversaw the most successful Bruins era in recently memory to make "their guy" look better. So odd.

Chiarelli was GM for 9 out of the last 50 years. He brought them to 1/3 of their cup appearances and was GM for 100% of their cup wins during that stretch.

Yet there’s some people who bash him lol.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Chiarelli was GM for 9 out of the last 50 years. He brought them to 1/3 of their cup appearances and was GM for 100% of their cup wins during that stretch.

Yet there’s some people who bash him lol.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Don Sweeney gets more credit from some people for almost winning the Stanley Cup than Peter Chiarelli does for actually winning it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad