Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Donny is just amazing finds linus in free agency signs him to a 5 million aav for 4 years gets a vezina out of of him and flips him for 1 st kastalic and korpi. Nobody mentions here it was Donny that was aggressive and signed linus and I remember many here were worried about that 5 million aav. Trust the Don.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
yes cups> not cups unless you don’t care about the playoffs results and only making it
Chia weas great until he got fired. Ullmark was until he got traded.

Amazing the cache this GM has built up among a fanbase for no Cups, just putting together very good regular season teams. I hate knocking him, because I really do like him, but championships all of a sudden don't matter to some fans with this guy when that's the standard the Bruins fans used to have. Harry Sinden was killed for it, but always made the play-offs. Shit, Chiarelli won one and lost one and has my series wins in his time but somehow is not as good. Crazy town,

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
@Gonzothe7thDman

Just FYI - callback to your subtweet of me a few days ago

View attachment 887483

Sorry I don't remember which subtweet you are referring to. I post a lot of nonsense.

Is it possible that Ullmark is saying this is for good PR with the Ottawa fanbase?

If he was lying, not like Sweeney or Staios is going to come out and call him on it.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
That looks like something that could keep Hulk harmless

Good for you 👍. And yeah, let’s see what a full season of Peeke is like. He still had that Cbus stink on him last season
maybe leave him with the same partner(Spoon?) learning a new system got to be harder when you never play with the same guy game to game.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Amazing the cache this GM has built up among a fanbase for no Cups, just putting together very good regular season teams. I hate knocking him, because I really do like him, but championships all of a sudden don't matter to some fans with this guy when that's the standard the Bruins fans used to have. Harry Sinden was killed for it, but always made the play-offs. Shit, Chiarelli won one and lost one and has my series wins in his time but somehow is not as good. Crazy town,
Chia was not "great until he got fired", come on. He had a great 2 year stretch of pro asset management leading up to the Cup and then got continuously worse until he was fired. You can very much make the case that his mistakes cost them a 2nd Cup. And as for drafting, Chia was a mess and by all accounts their scouting staff needed a complete rebuild by the time he was canned. I think his subsequent work with Edmonton only served to validate that despite having success in Boston, he was not a particularly good GM.

• Love
Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

I think people seriously underrate the roster Sweeney was handed because of the missed playoffs. They act like the team had bottomed out rather than what it was, a team that set the record for most points to not make the playoffs.

A roster with Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Lucic, Soderberg, Hamilton, Chara, Seidenberg, Rask.

Sweeney has made many costly missteps, even beyond the debated to death 2015 draft. The worst one IMO was Backes. He trades Lucic instead of giving him $6m a year because he's a late 20s power forward, fair assessment. But he immediately turns around and gives a 5 year older power forward with worse performance 5/30

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Blows my mind how anyone could say Sweeney’s tenure is better than chiarelli. Both 9 year tenures to this point

Chiarelli: inherited 74 point team

Playoff series wins: 10
Cup appearances: 2
Cup wins: 1

Sweeney: inherited 96 point team

Playoff series wins:7
Cup appearances:1
Cup wins:0

Chiarelli inherited a worse team and was much successful in the postseason than Sweeney. The only thing Sweeney has on Chiarelli is regular season record.

Would love to hear from one of the Sweeney fans how they like Sweeney more but also hold the playoffs in higher regard than the postseason. I’d love to see the mental gymnastics at play.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH

He got us a Cup worthy team 2 years ago, rookie coach maybe, hurt #1 goalie, probably(stuck with him too long), Bergy hurt going into the playoffs. But they had the best regular season team, ever.

I'm not satisfied with the fact that the Chara/Bergs/March/Rask core never won more than one. They had their chances and Sweeney for all his warts, sold the teams future in the years that warranted a full chase.
They just did not deliver. That chase came with a futures cost that we are dealing with now. So either you suck for a while, get lucky with better teams having bad luck, or you build up a new core.

That core has warts as well. What is MacAvoy, but a 1B, not a 1A(Makar, Hughes, kid on Dallas)
Pasta is Mike Bossy, he needs a Trottier. He's not a complete player and honestly I don't think he will be. But give him a very center and its 50+G every year. He's not the spoon that stirs the drink. not to mention the one timer from the elbow is over with, teams are queuing on it. He's the only threat.
Swayman could be a 1A if he can carry a team 50-60G/year... TBD

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Blows my mind how anyone could say Sweeney’s tenure is better than chiarelli. Both 9 year tenures to this point

Chiarelli: inherited 74 point team

Playoff series wins: 10
Cup appearances: 2
Cup wins: 1

Sweeney: inherited 96 point team

Playoff series wins:7
Cup appearances:1
Cup wins:0

Chiarelli inherited a worse team and was much successful in the postseason than Sweeney. The only thing Sweeney has on Chiarelli is regular season record.

Would love to hear from one of the Sweeney fans how they like Sweeney more but also hold the playoffs in higher regard than the postseason. I’d love to see the mental gymnastics at play.
Chia-pet gave out a lot of bad contracts and did not exactly have a great drafting record either, on the whole. Seems to be a prerequisite to getting the job.;)

Also Chia got Mr. Burn's wallet as he came in after the worst years of the team in the last 40 or so.
Once we were competitive, the purse strings tightened. Got to be good enough to fill seats with hope, not a real chance.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
weird, didn't @DominicT state that he was informed Ullmark had officially waived his NTC to go to Ottawa?

This means 1 of 3 things:
1. Ullmark is lying
2. Dom is lying
3. Dom's source isn't reliable

considering how particular the mods are here about rumors and providing sources I hope the mods here will take note and apply the same standard to all posters in the future.
Dom didn't say that, David Pagnotta at TFP said that.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If I was a betting person I’d bet against it, but I could see an agent advising it if they thought it would make a difference.

Tbh I don’t know if I’d care if a player was traded here who originally had Boston on his NTC but then waived.
You did a victory lap on me saying Ullmark wouldn’t waive to Ottawa when Dom had a report saying he had waived. Ullmark comes out now and says he didn’t have to waive. Now you’re going with he’s lying about it. It’s pretty funny.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
You did a victory lap on me saying Ullmark wouldn’t waive to Ottawa when Dom had a report saying he had waived. Ullmark comes out now and says he didn’t have to waive. Now you’re going with he’s lying about it. It’s pretty funny.

I think it’s a possibility yea. But not a high one.

If he doesn’t re-sign in Ottawa then yea it looks like your assumption was correct.

Me trusting Doms source isn’t something I need to defend myself for.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Chia was not "great until he got fired", come on. He had a great 2 year stretch of pro asset management leading up to the Cup and then got continuously worse until he was fired. You can very much make the case that his mistakes cost them a 2nd Cup. And as for drafting, Chia was a mess and by all accounts their scouting staff needed a complete rebuild by the time he was canned. I think his subsequent work with Edmonton only served to validate that despite having success in Boston, he was not a particularly good GM.

You asked me for names of people who preferred regular season success over postseason success.

Heres one:

RussellmaniaKW

Reactions: LouJersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad