Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Has there ever been a Bruins goalie more overrated on these boards than Brandon Bleepin' Bussi???

Is he the next John Grahame or what?

If Bussi comes to camp with a Tim Thomas chip on his shoulder and plays lights out, does he make the team or do they tell him tough luck, we need to pump Korpisalo's tires?
I don't think Bussi and Tim Thomas should ever be mentioned in the same sentence.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I had brought this up a week ago, how many teams claim a goalie with no experience to be their backup?

Vegas took Subban off Boston's hands with no significant NHL experience (2 games)

Boston traded Dan Vladar and his 5 games for a 3rd round pick.

Teams do try to identify goalies in other teams systems that could be potential contributors.

And let's be honest, if Bussi gets placed on waivers next October and he's claimed, so what? Does it really matter? I can still remember when posters here were like "OMG we can't possibly waive Zane McIntyre"

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
In 25-27 starts what would be the difference in win/points totals between bussi and korpisalo if they are just getting the bottom 1/3 of the league deployments and one game of back to backs?

I’ll gladly take Bussi with the extra cap money and improve the top 9 or any of the LHD positions

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
@Gonzothe7thDman

Just FYI - callback to your subtweet of me a few days ago

95298EB8-E8E8-47E6-85F6-3AC6E2A4A048.jpeg

Reactions: DoubleBack and CDJ

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Kuznetsov= 3rd

Toffoli = 2nd

Hertle, & 2x 3rd = 1st

Tarasenko = 5th

Zadorov = 3rd

Some of the returns from last season. Everyone says it’s a weak draft, yet nobody was throwing around 1st rounders last year cause they’re still valued. Getting that 1st for Ullmark was big. Sweeney probably had a choice, take Korpi and the 1st or no Korpi but only a 2nd or less. Sweeney was gonna get a backup anyhow, so why not take the 1st and a slightly overpaid ($1.5?) backup, Kastelic (another piece he was in the market for) and $2 million in cap space. Korpi will have similar stats to what Halak did in this system. Bottom line, you don’t get the 1st unless you take Korpi as well. Not that hard to understand. Sweeney felt this was the time to trade Ullmark for whatever reason and this was the only way to maximize your return. Stop with this negative value crap. Nobody was willing to give more for what essentially is a UFA player.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Don't like picking up Korpisalo. It turned the trade into a solid return to a mediocre one. But I have confidence that Goalie Bob and the Bruins D will make him look good enough that he can be a positive value asset to trade away a year from now.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad and CDJ

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If I was a betting man, I'd bet Bussi isn't here next October. There won't be any battle in camp. One way or another he'll be traded, whether that is on his own or part of a package.

They go out and re-sign Dipietro who also needs waivers. And then the day they trade for Korpisalo, they re-sign Bussi for one-year, two-way deal. I just don't think it adds up to Bussi being here next year at all and he will get the Dan Vladar treatment.
I kind of agree. I think Bussi gets traded at this point. I guess you would take a 3rd and be happy? I feel like it would be foolish to expect him to pass trough waivers...he'd get claimed.

I cant help to think about the Flyers though. They have to be up to something and not just from those rumors with Ottawa but they have a roster of 19 with 800k in space. They need to shed some contracts.

We've been hearing of Farabee, Morgan Frost and even Konecny a little. Someone has to go. Atkinson is a cap dump, they'll have to pay to move him.

Does Bussi and the 25th pick get the conversation started on one of those guys? They have to move a winger, they have more than they know what to do with

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
@Gonzothe7thDman

Just FYI - callback to your subtweet of me a few days ago

View attachment 887483
weird, didn't @DominicT state that he was informed Ullmark had officially waived his NTC to go to Ottawa?

This means 1 of 3 things:
1. Ullmark is lying
2. Dom is lying
3. Dom's source isn't reliable

considering how particular the mods are here about rumors and providing sources I hope the mods here will take note and apply the same standard to all posters in the future.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
it's really not and it's bullshit to put that on anyone here. obviously nobody is happy to just make the playoffs every year.

just because someone doesn't throw a tantrum every time the Bruins make a bad move doesn't mean they don't want the Bruins to win.

Go to the management thread and look at everyone who said they’d rather have Sweeney’s tenure here over chiarellis tenure here and there’s your answer.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I kind of agree. I think Bussi gets traded at this point. I guess you would take a 3rd and be happy? I feel like it would be foolish to expect him to pass trough waivers...he'd get claimed.

I cant help to think about the Flyers though. They have to be up to something and not just from those rumors with Ottawa but they have a roster of 19 with 800k in space. They need to shed some contracts.

We've been hearing of Farabee, Morgan Frost and even Konecny a little. Someone has to go. Atkinson is a cap dump, they'll have to pay to move him.

Does Bussi and the 25th pick get the conversation started on one of those guys? They have to move a winger, they have more than they know what to do with

I'd take a 3rd for Bussi.

I don't think the Flyers would be interested. They'll see what that big Russian can do and Samuel Erson was pretty good for them last year. I'd go as far as to say Erson was the league's best rookie goaltender last season and I expect him to make the All-Rookie team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad