Traded Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
The way he spotted Justin Peters even know they were about 20 feet apart gives me confidence that his retinas are in working order.
b4f11479-9fa7-4bb5-bdda-5c8172a5883a_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DylanSensFan

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Despite him being way more critical to the team I'm actually less anxious about getting long-term value out of him as I was for some of Dorion's recent acquisitions.

Largely because the team didn't actually pay that much given the quality of player they got. But also because getting him was essential to improving the team short term, unlike the DeBrincat and Chychrun deals where the team was adequate enough in both top 6 W and top 4 LD.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I get that feeling with Ullmark...one that he might be a franchise changer. However....I thought that with Chychrun until he shat himself so badly, so I quite suck at assessing immediately after acquisition.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I get that feeling with Ullmark...one that he might be a franchise changer. However....I thought that with Chychrun until he shat himself so badly, so I quite suck at assessing immediately after acquisition.
I will say that I have about as much confidence in Ullmark as the amount of doubt I had about Korpisalo. Of all the bad moves that were made, I think that one was the most predictable. I am very confident this time around with Ullmark.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He definitely seems confident and laid back which is good .

Awesome personality hopefully it translates to the ice .

We’ve been looking for our franchise goalie saviour since 1993.
Let’s hope he is the guy!

Reactions: Icelevel

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I will say that I have about as much confidence in Ullmark as the amount of doubt I had about Korpisalo. Of all the bad moves that were made, I think that one was the most predictable. I am very confident this time around with Ullmark.
It was insanely predictable. You know when you have to really dig for reasons he "might" be good, you're in deep shit.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
This guy seems like an awesome dude in interviews and that CTC tour video. Funny witty guy. Swedish Chris O’Dowd vibes.

Reactions: Icelevel

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Ullmark came from a winner and has done some winning, Debrincat and Chychryn were both on bottom feeding teams with a reputation for offence and questionable defensive play and questionable hockey sense and that’s exactly what we saw

Reason I’m bullish on Ullmark is Travis Green is going to make it easy to be a goalie in Ottawa - despite his bad Vancouver teams Green made the reputation of Markstrom and Markstrom had good stats despite being on a bad team - Markstrom become an NHL starter and a top goalie under Green so we know our system will be goalie friendly and we’ll See About everything else

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ullmark came from a winner and has done some winning, Debrincat and Chychryn were both on bottom feeding teams with a reputation for offence and questionable defensive play and questionable hockey sense and that’s exactly what we saw

Reason I’m bullish on Ullmark is Travis Green is going to make it easy to be a goalie in Ottawa - despite his bad Vancouver teams Green made the reputation of Markstrom and Markstrom had good stats despite being on a bad team - Markstrom become an NHL starter and a top goalie under Green so we know our system will be goalie friendly and we’ll See About everything else
Ullmark did pretty well on Boston and they didn’t make it super easy for him or swayman

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ullmark did pretty well on Boston and they didn’t make it super easy for him or swayman

Yeah the Boston underlying stats are confusing considering their record but just another reason to like Ullmark, he can win when it’s locked down and he can win when he sees tons of high danger chances.

Basically what I’m saying is see you at the parade next June

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Despite him being way more critical to the team I'm actually less anxious about getting long-term value out of him as I was for some of Dorion's recent acquisitions.

Largely because the team didn't actually pay that much given the quality of player they got. But also because getting him was essential to improving the team short term, unlike the DeBrincat and Chychrun deals where the team was adequate enough in both top 6 W and top 4 LD.
They got to get him extended though. Otherwise, they are going through the same exercise yet again next summer. And teams need their top picks to extend their competitive window. Unfortunately, we’ve been trading away our 1st rounders for a few years now (plus the Boucher pick), and small market Canadian teams can’t afford to lose out like that on their primary, most important tool to build a successful team.

Reactions: Cosmix

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

That would be Mike Yeo if anything. Those Vancouver teams were outplayed pretty regularly.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Do you have stats re: Forsberg's share was versus that of Korpisalo?

I can't speak to individual games but while Korpisalo was the 97th ranked goalie in terms of saves above expected (out of 98), Forsberg was 85th. Korpisalo was 78th on a per 60 basis and Forsberg was 75th.

Realistically I expect he'll once again play about 30 games this season, which is a sizable chunk of the year in the hands of a goalie coming off an abysmal season.

He needs to be a lot better.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’m just hoping for a .907-.910 save percentage. Above average goaltending but not elite.
Ya, that's reasonable, 907 was top 16 for starters (40+ games) last year, but replacing Korpisalo with that alone would have prevented 24 goals against. Huge impact if we get that

Reactions: DrEasy and BigRig4

Ad

Ad

Ad