Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

Senovision

May 23, 2011
When I hear the name Linus I can't help but think of the Charlie Brown character with the blanket.
1719633288800.png

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
listened to this guys presser last night and he is a super intelligent guy. pretty sure he will be here longterm and change the organization for the better. we got a top 10 goalie in the league. thank god for scandanavian players who don't only care about getting tax breaks in the states.

Reactions: LiseL

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
listened to this guys presser last night and he is a super intelligent guy. pretty sure he will be here longterm and change the organization for the better. we got a top 10 goalie in the league. thank god for scandanavian players who don't only care about getting tax breaks in the states.
I think he will be here long term as well & will likely sign a contract before this current contract expires.

All these guys have agents who will get perks for players with every negotiation to make up for tax breaks like NMC/NTC. It's not the player, it's the agent he hires to get him the best deal from whatever team wants them. The average length of time most players are in the NHL making good money is less than 10 yrs I think. They have to make as much as they can for as long as they can because the career can end quickly at any time.

Reactions: LiseL

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Another interview with Ullmark post trade.

Edit: Interesting to hear his comments about NTC, and the reaction he got when leaving Buffalo vs when leaving Boston as well as the reception he's gotten from Ottawa.

Really get the feeling that he's genuinely excited for the opportunity in Ottawa, looking forward to seeing him suit up.

Is Linus Ullmark the most genuine human being ever? These interviews are unbelievable lol
What an amazing add from the culture/ethic side, if we sign him longterm he’ll end his career here as an all time Sens favorite.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Doesn't surprise me he didnt have ottawa on his list. Alot of Swedes like Canada. Stockholm and Ottawa are similar sized with similar vibes.

Left of Centre, chill, outdoorsy, winter sports and great family place.
I'd assume its more so because we just signed Korpi for a multi-year deal and already had Forseberg for a couple more, we didn't seem like a team out for goalies. When you have a limited NTC and want to be strategic about it, you leave out the teams that you just don't assume are in the market for you off your NTC list even if they are not a destination you want to land in.

We could very well have made his list if he thought we'd be looking for a goalie, but I'm assuming he figured we're not a realistic trading partner so he left us off in favour of other more likely candidates he also doesn't want to end up in. That would make most sense to me.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'd assume its more so because we just signed Korpi for a multi-year deal and already had Forseberg for a couple more, we didn't seem like a team out for goalies. When you have a limited NTC and want to be strategic about it, you leave out the teams that you just don't assume are in the market for you off your NTC list even if they are not a destination you want to land in.

We could very well have made his list if he thought we'd be looking for a goalie, but I'm assuming he figured we're not a realistic trading partner so he left us off in favour of other more likely candidates he also doesn't want to end up in. That would make most sense to me.

Seems like he had most western teams on his list, wanted to play in the east.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I'd rather pay him 8M+ and be sure he is a fit than lock him in at 7M and repeat the same mistake of giving a goalie big money before seeing him play in our system.

Not to mention, our priorities might be completely different in January if we have another bad start. That might mean Steve Staios is flying down to Barbados and outlining an aggressive rebuild to ownership.

I guess maybe there is an argument that we might as well lock him in because if he sucks we're going to have to tear down the team anyways, so it won't matter that we have him for another 5 years at 7M.

Salaries are absolutely going to push up over the next season or two because the cap is aggressively rising. With that said, Shesterkin is in that Carey Price tier, where he is there by himself or with 1-2 other goalies. 10M+ is still going to be reserved for franchise goalies. If Ullmark is in a position to ask for that, it's because he played 60-70 games with a .930 save percentage, and is in contention for the Vezina and Hart trophy.

A realistic worst case scenario is that he proves he is a legitimate top 10 starter in the league and wants 8.5M instead of 7M.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Seems like he had most western teams on his list, wanted to play in the east.
hmm interesting. Didn't know the list was published, I thought its always confidential. Not sure why that might be then, but assumed he left Ottawa off because we weren't likely partners at the time with the Korpi signing. That'd be my guess.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
hmm interesting. Didn't know the list was published, I thought its always confidential. Not sure why that might be then, but assumed he left Ottawa off because we weren't likely partners at the time with the Korpi signing. That'd be my guess.
He said in his interview that having a good place to raise a family is a priority as is getting an opportunity to be a true #1 and carry the load, no more platoon situations. It sounds like that drives the situation more than weather and taxes at least.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He said in his interview that having a good place to raise a family is a priority as is getting an opportunity to be a true #1 and carry the load, no more platoon situations. It sounds like that drives the situation more than weather and taxes at least.
In one interview he said his kids were super excited that there'd be snow

Reactions: aragorn

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
I like his attitude, he says the right things, seems like a nice guy. Just need him to put pen to paper by February hopefully.

Reactions: BigRig4

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK

Or...he just didn't have Ottawa on his list, and like many Swedes he doesn't mind playing small Canadian cities.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
In one interview he said his kids were super excited that there'd be snow
Uh oh

I mean who knows in Ottawa. Two winters ago I was shovelling plenty. Last winter I got new cross country skiis and didn’t manage to use them once, shit and short lived snow when we got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad