Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Connor Brown lived a few doors down from me, it would be cool if Linus was in the hood. Broadview is a great school a Linus! Lots of kids in our hood too, a beach nearby, our kid will make your feel welcome!!! :)

I liked it better when we were under the impression he specifically waived for Ottawa, but he sounds genuinely excited to be coming here, I think we have a great chance of extending him.

Reactions: LiseL

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ok but the whole theory that this was a closed negotiation with 1 potential trade partner is undone because he waived his NTC for a team that was on his list. There wasn't only 1 trade partner and he waived his NTC for a team on the list. It's an assumption that doesn't make a lot of sense because of the facts we have. And it's somehow being used in support of this theory that Boston are morons who got totally taken to the woodshed by Staios. They sold their backup goaltender for a late 1RP and secured a veteran backup at a good price to play behind their stud. If they hadn't got what they wanted, they would have kept him and dealt him at the deadline for a different package.
He didn’t waive it, after listening to Linus speak. Sens weren’t on the list.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
He waived to come here, he didn’t waive for LA or Toronto.

I do believe Poulin and Staois have completely changed the culture and Ulmark Will like it here.

Small slip up in the Garrioche interview yesterday when he said “BRADON will sign and extension” and of course that’s Brandon Tanev so I expect the Tabev boys here as well and that all help Ulmark with his decison
He waived or were we not on his limited NTC to begin with? Because I heard both, not sure which is true but it could be that he had no say whether he can be traded here if we weren't on his NTC list. Also a bunch of people posted that Friedman stated Ullmark wants to play out this season and not thinking of signing an extension right now.. so don't get your hopes up too much, wouldn't be surprised he's just a rental.

Reactions: The don godfather

Butchy Dakkar

Oct 3, 2020
He waived or were we not on his limited NTC to begin with? Because I heard both, not sure which is true but it could be that he had no say whether he can be traded here if we weren't on his NTC list. Also a bunch of people posted that Friedman stated Ullmark wants to play out this season and not thinking of signing an extension right now.. so don't get your hopes up too much, wouldn't be surprised he's just a rental.
He said himself he didn’t have to waive because we weren’t on his list

But he also sounds genuinely excited to be coming here

Reactions: SENStastic

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
On paper, this appears to be a net win for Ottawa, based on shipping out Korpisalo, who most people thought was untradable. Yes, retaining 25% of his contract, and paying the 1 Million signing bonus to Ullmark helped grease the wheels on this trade….but I also have to believe an extension has been agreed to, behind closed doors, in order for Ullmark to agree to this trade….assuming Ottawa was on his NTL.

So once July 1st rolls around, when believe an extension can be (legally) negotiated, then we’ll have a better understanding of this trade….. but if the rumoured extension comes to fruition.. and Ullmark plays like Bruin, instead of a Sabre, then Ottawa wins this trade from my point of view.
And if ullmark gets shelled in Ottawa because of that tire fire D and leaves after a year while korpi puts some decent numbers as a back up with kastelic popping 10 goals and hitting like a truck on the 4th line with Donny getting a solid prospect in the first round then the Bruins fleeced the sens. Let's see how this plays out.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Welcome to Ottawa Linus. :thumbu:

My guess is that they have a contract in place & it will be signed before the start of the season.

Last edited:

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
He said himself he didn’t have to waive because we weren’t on his list

But he also sounds genuinely excited to be coming here
Ok thanks for confirming. Ya not getting my hopes up for an extension this summer then. Hope he likes it here and its a good fit for both sides, we'll find out end of season I guess.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
And if ullmark gets shelled in Ottawa because of that tire fire D and leaves after a year while korpi puts some decent numbers as a back up with kastelic popping 10 goals and hitting like a truck on the 4th line with Donny getting a solid prospect in the first round then the Bruins fleeced the sens. Let's see how this plays out.

Sure I guess he could also be struck by lightning while being swarmed by bees too

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Woodbridge. That explains it.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Sure I guess he could also be struck by lightning while being swarmed by bees too
Many of you sens fans have ullmark playing like in vezina form with that horrible team structure you guys have in Ottawa too. Let this play out before we declare a winner. Trades take time to declare the clear winner . Heck bruins draft another pasta with the late round pick. Anything can happen.

Butchy Dakkar

Oct 3, 2020
You seriously have some Boston coloured glasses dude. Your homer bias is blinding.

Ottawa unloaded a liability and Boston is taking on a big risk. Not to mention 12M off of our books for the worst starting goalie we have had in forever, would be in the running for worst backup as well. That’s worth the late first, probably more.

We are coming out of this with Ullmark for Kasty. Even if is for only a year it’s a huge win. And we have a good shot at signing him based on what he has said, which does not at all come across as just “saying the right things”. But even if only gor a year, the vast majority of us are very very happy with this trade.

I genuinely hope Korpi works out for you. Except when we play Boston (and I do hope they put Korpi in net over Swayman)

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Many of you sens fans have ullmark playing like in vezina form with that horrible team structure you guys have in Ottawa too. Let this play out before we declare a winner. Trades take time to declare the clear winner . Heck bruins draft another pasta with the late round pick.
You the guy wanted 7th, ostapchuk/greig, 2nd for him? Now he sucks though right? Cool. It's ok, we have dumbasses here to. You can go now.

You seriously have some Boston coloured glasses dude. Your homer bias is blinding.

Ottawa unloaded a liability and Boston is taking on a big risk. Not to mention 12M off of our books for the worst starting goalie we have had in forever, would be in the running for worst backup as well. That’s worth the late first, probably more.

We are coming out of this with Ullmark for Kasty. Even if is for only a year it’s a huge win. And we have a good shot at signing him based on what he has said, which does not at all come across as just “saying the right things”. But even if only gor a year, the vast majority of us are very very happy with this trade.

I genuinely hope Korpi works out for you. Except when we play Boston (and I do hope they put Korpi in net over Swayman)
He's the resident clown of the Bruins board.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Many of you sens fans have ullmark playing like in vezina form with that horrible team structure you guys have in Ottawa too. Let this play out before we declare a winner. Trades take time to declare the clear winner . Heck bruins draft another pasta with the late round pick. Anything can happen.

I think it's more likely that the guy who has won a Vezina provides Vezina-calibre goaltending than the guy who hasn't won anything and never will.

That being said I don't expect Vezina goaltending. Pretty good is good enough.

Butchy Dakkar

Oct 3, 2020
You the guy wanted 7th, ostapchuk/greig, 2nd for him? Now he sucks though right? Cool. It's ok, we have dumbasses here to. You can go now.

On the Boston boards they thought they were getting Pinto and the first lol. Not all, every board has them.

• Haha
Reactions: DylanSensFan

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Donny couldn't get a super solid return with linus possibly planning free agency. Donny was cornered and did quite well with the return with linus holding all the cards. Decent price for a high possible rental. Hope you guys somehow sign him though hes a great teammate and plays very well in regular season but flounders in playoffs from what I've seen so far.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
On the Boston boards they thought they were getting Pinto and the first lol. Not all, every board has them.
There was only a few that thought Pinto would need to be in the trade. A bunch like Pinto, so do we so I can't blame them. It was ok reading, I didn't post because that would be rude to go into somebody elses house and start a fight.

Butchy Dakkar

Oct 3, 2020
Ok thanks for confirming. Ya not getting my hopes up for an extension this summer then. Hope he likes it here and its a good fit for both sides, we'll find out end of season I guess.
I still think there is a good chance.

Based on recent history there is a chance that his numbers dip in Ottawa, it can’t be ignored. Cashing in on an extension now has got to be worth considering seriously, not a lot of upside to holding out, definite downside.

I wonder how Staios views this. Maybe there will be reluctance on our side to commit to a big extension early (personally I hope not, but we haven’t seen Staois hand out a big or long contract yet)

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Donny couldn't get a super solid return with linus possibly planning free agency. Donny was cornered and did quite well with the return with linus holding all the cards. Decent price for a high possible rental. Hope you guys somehow sign him though hes a great teammate and plays very well in regular season but flounders in playoffs from what I've seen so far.
I'd say it was the whole team. But sure, blame him. So long bud.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Bro as long as he gets us into the playoffs then we are gravy. Everything after is a bonus.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad