Confirmed Trade: [BUF/WSH] Beck Malenstyn for 2024 2nd round pick (43OA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yup, the Sabres have a gluttony of futures assets so I don’t care about the overpay. They really need these types of players
I think there’s a bit of upside with Malenstyn too. Clearly he’s a late bloomer but not only does he hit hard and often and gritty defensively, but his 6 goals and 21 points came on 6% shooting. I think he could certainly be a 15 goal, 30 point - top notch bottom sixer. He averaged 14 minutes per game as a rookie so it’s probably unfair to even say he’s a pure 4th liner…there’s definitely a valuable bottom six guy potential.

There’s some Dakota Joshua-ness about his NHL path…

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Evolving Hickey has Beck at 3x$1.75 and I didn’t think that had value let alone high 2nd

Good 4th liner though

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Beck Malenstyn was a key part of the best "4th line" in the NHL last year. The Caps had a top 9 that was very untrustworthy defensively, so they leaned on their 4th line defensively to a degree that no one has ever leaned on a line before. I've written mini-essays about that line before so I'll just link this comment about the line in general and this one that's more about Beck and why certain models are stupid for not liking him. The TL;DR is that the Malentsyn-Dowd-NAK line got incredibly difficult deployments and still ended up above water.

Malenstyn himself is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL (97th percentile top speed and speed bursts) and he's a big hitter (11th in the NHL in hits last year). If you were building a 4th line winger in a lab, you'd build Beck Malenstyn. I know Buffalo fans are gonna be annoyed about the cost, but you're gonna like the player. I'm bummed to see him go.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
241 hits

90.5 percent d-zone starts

Young, fast, good PK

4th rounder sure. 3rd rounder...whatever. 43rd overall?!?!?!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00