Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
The desolate wasteland of Ottberia is good for only three things: raising reindeer, sled dogs and children. That is the only conceivable reason anyone would choose here as a FA destination

Ottawa is great for children because it teaches them the grim realities of life from an early age: it’s mostly cold, there’s little joy, and potholes are everywhere.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We know that he no longer has any Sens contacts or Dorion feeding him as he strokes his ego.

The “Bruins insider” was also wrong on many things and we know that Martian Sens guy is full of BS

It’s nice knowing our FO has it together and isn’t full of leaks and is professional
Martin has been pretty spot on with everything the past year and a bit. Definitely not a fan of his sctick, but he's been reliable for a while IMO

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
we know that Martian Sens guy is full of BS
Martin was talking about the Dadonov trade coming back to haunt us well before anyone else did.

Granted, his source may have been purged by the new regime but it takes a special kind of dishonestly to claim Martian is full of BS.

Reactions: gab6511

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The desolate wasteland of Ottberia is good for only three things: raising reindeer, sled dogs and children. That is the only conceivable reason anyone would choose here as a FA destination
He was washed even with Dorion. Didn't Bruce say the Sens and Zub were far apart like a day before Zub signed an extension?

Reactions: Masked

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Just watched the media interview. Linus seems super calm and laid back. He also has an air of confidence that I didn't see in Korpisalo. Linus has a good dry sense of humour like Alfie.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiseL

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Sounds like Linus is ready for a city like Ottawa. You won't a much better , safer, cleaner place than Ottawa in the world...and you know they have googled about Ottawa the moment this trade happened and see it on the Top Places to Live lists that are out there.

Personally, I would like to hold off on an extension...I still suffer from PTSD of getting a 2 time Stanley Cup Champion goalie who absolutely looked like a guy who just started playing nets a year earlier

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Sounds like Linus is ready for a city like Ottawa. You won't a much better , safer, cleaner place than Ottawa in the world...and you know they have googled about Ottawa the moment this trade happened and see it on the Top Places to Live lists that are out there.

Personally, I would like to hold off on an extension...I still suffer from PTSD of getting a 2 time Stanley Cup Champion goalie who absolutely looked like a guy who just started playing nets a year earlier
I have PTSD from Korpisalo and pretty much every other goalie we've ever signed. However, I would sign Linus in a heart beat. I really believe we've FINALLY got a GREAT goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: coladin and LiseL

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Murray also looked like he started playing goalie the year before we acquired him, when he rocked a nice ,899 with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Not really the same.

Reactions: coladin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

It could be wise to wait, but I have confidence in this one more than the others.

With Murray and Korpisalo, there were very clear red flags that proved to be true. Murray couldn't stay healthy and came off his worst season yet. Korpisalo was signed off an outlier season far above his career averages. I would argue those don't jump off the page with Ullmark.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This is insane. Why are you dumping on this? The "back up" has a Vezina. The veteran they got needs to get his eyes fixed and wears his helmet sideways. I swear if we were to win the Cup next year you would say "Why are you excited? Somebody wins it every year, it's not a big deal. What you going to do, have a parade down Bank Street now?"
I haven't made any negative comments about the trade itself? So what am I dumping on exactly? And what does the rest of your post have to do with anything except this seemingly neverending need to discredit me?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Welcome to Ottawa Linus where beavertails prevail, the city shuts down at 5pm, LRT never functions, buses are never on time, the canal skate way has transitioned to the largest swimming pool in the world during winter and shawarma shops on every street in the city.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
A veteran backup at a good price ...

Wow, that's doing a lot of heavy lifting to describe Korpisalo.
Almost 300 NHL games, 30 years old and a $3M cap hit...I'd love to know how that's not a veteran backup at a good price. I didn't say he's an elite backup or give him significant praise. Not sure how you can object to that statement.

Reactions: swiftwin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Almost 300 NHL games, 30 years old and a $3M cap hit...I'd love to know how that's not a veteran backup at a good price. I didn't say he's an elite backup or give him significant praise. Not sure how you can object to that statement.
Yes. I object. .890, .877 & .894 in 3 of the last 4 seasons, is not good backup numbers. He needs to be better to prove this statement true and to be worth that salary.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's a veteran but he is certainly not at a good price, he has a sub 900sv% over the last 5 years, and he's making the very high end for a backup even after retention.

It's a terrible contract even at 3 mil, he's replacement level and locked in for 4 more years

Wild that you'd double down ...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He was in the process of rebuilding his game when Dorion traded for him... it was known , Dorion traded for him anyway. So in a way your description is correct . He was not ready . Groulx lost his job to the famous Bierky for not being ready and making Dorion look foolish and it was all fun and games from there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad