Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Isn't it crazy to even have this discussion?

During the Utah game people were still sh!tting on Forsberg, yet here we are contemplating if he should be allowed to go on a run.

I don't think there is a wrong decision. If Forsberg starts tonight that gives Ullmark extra days to recuperate and start against the Avs.

If Ullmark is good to go and wants the net, let's get him in a groove too. Sounds like Ullmark has a great record against LV so statheads may have him start regardless.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Isn't it crazy to even have this discussion?

During the Utah game people were still sh!tting on Forsberg, yet here we are contemplating if he should be allowed to go on a run.

I don't think there is a wrong decision. If Forsberg starts tonight that gives Ullmark extra days to recuperate and start against the Avs.

If Ullmark is good to go and wants the net, let's get him in a groove too. Sounds like Ullmark has a great record against LV so statheads may have him start regardless.
Yup. It's Odd.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Just because the puck was hitting Forsberg last game does not mean it will again. Yes he played well but if both goalies are healthy and ready to go, you go with Ullmark 100% of the time.
Forsberg played well in the last game. He earned that shutout. I agree with your take on Ullmark, but I am glad Forsberg is rounding out his game again and getting some confidence back. We will need both goalies going to make the playoffs this years.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Hasek is better than Brodeur?

Yes, at his peak he blew Brodeur away. Brodeur had more longevity in the NHL because Hasek was older when he came over.

Hasek was as far ahead of other goalies at his peak as Gretzky was ahead of other forwards.

If Hasek was Canadian, he would be up there with Gretzky, Howe, and Orr in how people talk about them like it is unanimous that they are in a certain special GOAT tier.

I am not saying that it is active xenophobia, it's just marketing. Canadian players are more popular in Canada, and the history of the league has been viewed more through a Canadian retrospective by fans because it's only when Bettman took over that the league started making inroads expanding the footprint of the game across the US (with the exception of the Northeast). The league also has only been an international league for a few decades and prior to that it was mainly Canadians and some Americans. So in terms of where players rank in history, I think Canadians in the past have commanded a higher level of interest, which results in guys like Hasek being underrated compared to the more marketable players like Roy and Brodeur.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad