Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
not a week into the season and the sens are dealing with the same poop Buffalo did.
"I am stiff and cant play"

I hope its just a one off
Yorkie on Coming in Hot talked about this. Said if it was a minor tweak to the groin, better to take care of it right away rather than continue playing as it could become a bigger problem with even more time off. But man, we're playing the Devils and TB. Hopefully the players block a lot of shots like they did against Florida as I don't think we can count on them scoring 8 goals again.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Ulmark has never played a full season. 60 games is optimistic.

Hopefully he doesn't miss much. And hopefully Forsberg can find his game cause god damn this team is going to need a decent back up

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Hopefully he doesn't miss much. And hopefully Forsberg can find his game cause god damn this team is going to need a decent back up
What is a full season? He played 49 in 2023, which was the 18th most in the league.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

60 games is too many and not realistic. You need to have a capable backup to do well in this league or your goalie potentially is tired in the playoffs

some of you guys are living in the past

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
60 games is too many and not realistic. You need to have a capable backup to do well in this league or your goalie potentially is tired in the playoffs

some of you guys are living in the past

A few guys still play 60 plus.

But yeah that was my initial point. You need a good backup today

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
seems like a management problem and not an Ullmark problem

At the same time, what assets do we have to give in a trade? We really can't afford to move a first or second any time in the near future (if we even have a first this year with that Vegas thing?), and aside from Yak who is untouchable, we nothing int he stable teams would want.

It does suck we didn't get either of those two Boston kids on waivers, but maybe the team thought they weren't an improvement on what we have.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
This is a tandem league.

At 8M, you'd hope he could get into the 50-55 game range, but he has rarely played that much his entire pro career. Very few goalies play 60+.

They just have to hope that between the other 3 goalies in the org', they can get through 30-35 games.

There might be a chance to add a goalie in a trade, but the names who were on waivers and might be available are far from sure things.

I also wonder if Sogaard starts over Forsberg. Neither were great, but Forsberg was much worse. Unless the idea is to give Forsberg one more chance before waiving him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
At the same time, what assets do we have to give in a trade? We really can't afford to move a first or second any time in the near future (if we even have a first this year with that Vegas thing?), and aside from Yak who is untouchable, we nothing int he stable teams would want.

It does suck we didn't get either of those two Boston kids on waivers, but maybe the team thought they weren't an improvement on what we have.
i would have easily put forsberg on waivers during preseason and grabbed Bussi.

Sometimes you gotta make the hard choice even if it pisses forsberg off

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
From a performance stand point
Stolarz >Forsberg

Also Forsberg 2.75MM is not that from Stolarz 2.5MM + 916 000 (Anton buy out)

But Forsberg was probably a part of Linus coming here so

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Early season statistic.......through 3 games we have averaged 28 shots against.
Hopefully they can keep that up for the next 79 games and if Ullmark can play a lot of games we should be in a good position to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad