Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

sena

Jul 3, 2024
no, you brought up the opposite, with nothing to back it up with. Where are these reports. He will likely play 55 to less than 60 imo, assuming health. He’s said he wants to play more, and expects to he said.

There is also reports on the TV saying he was the type that didn't want to play all the time.

Any links to these reports, that he’s “the type” that doesn’t want to play all the time.

one hour seven minute mark

sena

Jul 3, 2024
Lol really, Kypreos, Bourne and Steve Valiquette? Who knows how many games Ullmark will play, but anything that comes out of that show is pure nonsense.
I know the real cred comes from random fans posting on the internet who have zero contact with anyone in the NHL....
:D

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I know the real cred comes from random fans posting on the internet who have zero contact with anyone in the NHL....
:D

The real cred comes from the actual guy who’s going to play the games… and Ullmark has said publicly that one of the reasons he’s excited to be here is that he’ll get a much bigger workload than he did in Boston.

Will he be able to handle it? That we don’t know.

But yes, let’s believe something Steve Valiquette “heard” about Ullmark from 6 years ago in Buffalo…

Reactions: LiseL

sena

Jul 3, 2024
The real cred comes from the actual guy who’s going to play the games… and Ullmark has said publicly that one of the reasons he’s excited to be here is that he’ll get a much bigger workload than he did in Boston.

Will he be able to handle it? That we don’t know.

But yes, let’s believe something Steve Valiquette “heard” about Ullmark from 6 years ago in Buffalo…
If you were his agent friend or just a random person on the street talking to him about signing his new contract would you suggest he tells the Sens ownership group he does not want to be paid like a true full time starter? that would cost him millions.

I see zero reason that Valiquette would go on one of the largest radio station in Canada and randomly lie, he has nothing to gain. In fact it would do the opposite to his credibility.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
If you were his agent friend or just a random person on the street talking to him about signing his new contract would you suggest he tells the Sens ownership group he does not want to be paid like a true full time starter? that would cost him millions.

I see zero reason that Valiquette would go on one of the largest radio station in Canada and randomly lie, he has nothing to gain. In fact it would do the opposite to his credibility.

Lol, okay. I guess we’ll see how many games Ullmark plays. As far as I can tell he’s playing tonight… which is something a “full time starter” would do…

And that show is nothing more than click bait. No one on it has any credibility in the first place.

Believe whatever you want though!

Reactions: Golden_Jet

sena

Jul 3, 2024
Lol, okay. I guess we’ll see how many games Ullmark plays. As far as I can tell he’s playing tonight… which is something a “full time starter” would do…

And that show is nothing more than click bait. No one on it has any credibility in the first place.

Believe whatever you want though!
I picked the sens to finish 3rd in the division so I am going with he is playing a lot.
But that still does not mean there is no risk.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I was going to watch the game tonight, but the batteries may not work properly in my remote, and I may cut my finger trying to open those darn battery packs.

I expect that cut would get infected and I would end up with a rare blood infection that will go to my brain and render me a vegetable.

My children would see that and be traumatized for life, leading to them entering poor relationships and raising kids that turn into pricks (like Greig! Ugh!).

I guess I will just sit in the dark. Far too risky to do anything else.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
looking for his last big payday what do you expect him to say?
And I already brought this up. that does not change the fact he never has and nobody including himself knows how he will handle fatigue
So don't believe him but believe some blow hard walking hot take like Kipper and company that haven't backed up their claims with anything? Lol.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I personally believe that Ullmark is motivated to perform here in Ottawa to show Boston they were wrong. I don't even think it's about money. I think he just wants to say to everyone in the league, I am a starter a-holes, now watch me perform. He's extremely competitive.
Someone on the Boston board said Ullmark stated something about "the revenge tour" after he was traded. Don't know if it's true but I agree he wants to show them. I also think he really wants another crack at the playoffs. 2 years ago when Boston was up 3-1 but lost the last 4, according to the Boston board, he was injured. Those are the 2 games he's referring to when asked about his record against Florida. Last year, he lost one game and they replaced him with Swayman. Even when Swayman let in 6 goals twice against the Panthers, they stuck with Sway. So yeah, I think he's got something to prove. That's what I like, a motivated goalie.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I saw Korpisalo 8 feet to the right side of the net facing the back boards in full stance on his knees trying to save a pass. lol That guy is complete trash.
Ullmark has been great so far, but there is a risk involved, he has no track record of playing lots of games. It's not just playing more games, the rest between games could be an issue. Could be. nobody is saying it will be, or that he sucks, It is an unknown and that equals risk.
There is also reports on the TV saying he was the type that didn't want to play all the time.
that shows a bit of risk. Could they be wrong? yes. could they be right? yes
Kyper and Bourne both seem to be growing fond of the sens these days. They like Brady and Kyp was saying he used to play with Ridley's dad and he was glowing with pride saying how much he like his clapper goal. So I don't think calling them haters or biased is correct
I hope he does want to play a lot and can, But for argument sake any goalie looking for a huge contract is going to say how much he wants to play all the games,
Time will tell.
I am not sure why that would make people mad or upset or demand others don't post, or insist they are not fans. It is what it is
its a discussion forum. Its the entire point
On the Boston boards, they say that both Ullmark and Swayman wanted to be the starter so Bruins had to choose, they chose Swayman. Then on one of his interviews after the trade (sorry, don't remember which one), he said he wanted to be a starter, that playing more games allows him to get into a rhythm where it all comes naturally, doesn't have to think about it. So who knows if he didn't want to back then? He does now and that's all that matters IMO.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The same way you and others called out Adrianopoulos for this thread -https://forums.hfboards.com/threads/the-ottawa-senators-defeat-the-defending-champions-on-opening-night.2977471/ - I'm calling you out with this post and many others in recent years!

Please stop with all those repetitive posts about how bad Dorion was in various thread

I hope the Moderators could clean up this type of posts (repetitives and outside of the intended subjects)

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but Dorion will be referenced for years and years to come, like people refer to Milbury or Sens fans still refer to Muckler. Dorion is IMO the worst NHL GM in history (awful track record even vs Milbury), there's nothing you can do about it but to accept it. That I talk about it or not, many others will.

He was fired NOT EVEN a year ago, so yes I still need to refer to his work to explain present context, like I did in this post. It is the same rebuild and many of his decisions still affect us.

And sorry but what you are proposing is that the moderators restrict freedom of speech, doesn't sound very good. You are totally FREE to put me on ignore though.

I will never be able to say enough how bad Dorion was and how much he SCREWED all of us. There's still people with the desire to defend him though. It almost looks like he was a secret agent on a mission to sabotage this team.

• Haha
Reactions: guyzeur and LiseL

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
The best thing about Linus is that hes composed.

He isnt going to always make those highlight reel saves but hes always in position he always makes the saves hes suppose to make.

I think for this reason he is going to be such a good fit for us. Last year the team was probably so hesitant to even let a puck get to the net with how shaky Korpisalo was.
And lots of cheating for offense to try to get out of the hole which then led to turnovers and a bigger hole. Forsey wasn't great last year, but he did have a better record than Korpi and the team did play a little bit better in front of him (not as much cheating). Now this year, it'll be the opposite. The team will be a little more nervous with Forsey in net if he doesn't return to form and lets in softies early in the game. I can say, I will be very nervous during the games he will be starting unless we get a 3 goal lead.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I thought This guy was suppose to be a good goalie? 2 goals allowed that Korpi and Anton would've stopped.

Not too long before we break this goalie like we did to all the previous ones lol

1728791773072.gif

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
He’s fine and is the least of the Senators worries

Are you and @Adrianopolous energy vampires? You guys gawkgawk9000 the soul and fun out of everything.
eh, it adds a different dynamic to the boards, everyone’s personality combined makes it never a dull place , win or lose. And that i think we can at least appreciate for what’s it worth

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I thought This guy was suppose to be a good goalie? 2 goals allowed that Korpi and Anton would've stopped.

Not too long before we break this goalie like we did to all the previous ones lol

1st GA : nothing to do
2nd GA : could have stopped it but it was an elite shot, I don't think people were blaming Monty on Stu's goal. You can't cover all the 7-holes at the same time, and sometimes elite shooters can beat you.
3rd GA : not sure what he's doing with the Habs player's stick on the side of the net but he was a bit out of position. Another shooter walking in the slot uncontested though. It would have required a great save
4th GA : He makes the stop on Suzuki's breakaway but then is clearing bothered by his body. There was a call on the play against Ottawa so the refs wouldn't have called the goal back

Relax about Ullmark, he's good. He won't be among the problems. The guys in front of him have to be way more engaged and organized though.

Crazy concept but I actually enjoy watching the Sens, even when they lose.

Yeah, true fans are still there even during bad times but we must admit that we can't wait to start winning a bit more again. Imagine the poor Sabres fans, they have endured this for 6 more seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
3rd GA : not sure what he's doing with the Habs player's stick on the side of the net but is a bit out of position. Another shooter walking in the slot uncontested though. It would have required a great save
I would have challenged that, the habs player clearly got his stick hooked into his left arm preventing him from getting out and challenging the shooter, no clue why we didn't challenge, it was a goal that arguably put the game out of reach, goalie was in their crease, and the mtl player initiated contact. That goal is on the video coach for not convincing Green to challenge.

Reactions: gab6511

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I would have challenged that, the habs player clearly got his stick hooked into his left arm preventing him from getting out and challenging the shooter, no clue why we didn't challenge, it was a goal that arguably put the game out of reach, goalie was in their crease, and the mtl player initiated contact. That goal is on the video coach for not convincing Green to challenge.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from with this but I have no idea why that was happening. Maybe Ullmark himself was holding that stick? Hard to say from the replay, what I see is Jensen tying up his man. And seriously, I have no idea what the room would think of that if we did challenge.

But agreed that with a bit more luck, that goal wouldn't have counted and we could have turned things around. The problem is we never had the momentum in the game after Tkachuk's first penalty. That's a problem that happens too often on this team, we need more momentum swingers.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
It's a legitimate question as to how many games he can start.

We don't know.

We won't know for awhile.

Boston had a second goalie as good as Ulmark was, so it was a unique situation. In Buffalo, he was still getting his feet wet in the league.
Probably a good subject for a poll thread.

I’d guess or maybe hope its going to be 55 - 60 range, possibly closer to 60 than 55. Games with one of our backups make me nervous.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Probably a good subject for a poll thread.

I’d guess or maybe hope its going to be 55 - 60 range, possibly closer to 60 than 55. Games with one of our backups make me nervous.
And we should send the poll results to Sens Management to make sure they are aware otherwise the poll will be meaningless

Reactions: UglyPuckling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad