Line Combos: Lineup for 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Matheson-Reinbacher
Hutson-Guhle
Wifi-Mailloux
Struble-Barron-Savard

That's the line up on D i wanna see

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Dvorak is a black hole and instantly makes any line he centers innefective. If they want a third line, Newhook should remain there until one of Beck or Hage emerge.

Roy is ok for now as a third wheel with Dach-Laine.

Slaf-Suzuki-CC
Laine-Dach-Roy
Gally-Newhook-Armia

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
We could really use a Vet RHD to make Barron earn his spot, but maybe Mailloux or Reinbacher will step up. Also I want Xhekaj to be Hutson's bodyguard for the beginning of his career

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Barron/Mailloux/Reinbacher
Hutson-Xhekaj
Struble

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I can't wait to see what MSL lands on for opening day...

I like the idea of:

Slaf Suzuki Newhook

Speed, skill, size & competitiveness to go toe to toe with any top line in the league. A line you can put out in the Ozone with :30 to go and needing a goal or in the dzone protecting a late lead

Laine Dach CC

Bookend a creative playmaker with two lethal snipers... Forcing opposition to pick their poison every attack.

Anderson Dvorak Gally

Very much "the expendables" vibe... Hopefully with enough pride left to play the 13-14min/game they get with reckless abandon and energy reminiscent of their prime years.

Armia Evans Roy

Roy's IQ and creativity unleashed against opposing depth players could be a treat, Armia is a good enough finisher to benefit from the opportunities created and swiss army knife Evans is poised for a big contract year.
I think you gotta keep CC and Laine separated to maximize their effectiveness.

I would keep it
Slaf Suzuki Caufield
Newhook/Roy Dach Laine

The top 6 is still missing a true top 6 for me even with the Laine addition, but when Demidov comes over we will be set.

Reactions: Andrei79 and BLONG7

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Armia
Roy-Newhook-Anderson
Dvorak-Evans-Gallagher
-
RHP/Pezzetta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble/Barron
-
Mailloux/Reinbacher

Montembault
Primeau

Lets hope Slaf-Suzi-CC keep it rolling, no reason they shouldn't. I want to see 60+ points from all 3 this season. Suzuki closer to PPG.

At first I had Newhook on line 2, but I feel like Laine would benefit from having Armia on his line, and those are 3 big bodies. Armia also had a pretty good back half of 23/24 and might be inspired playing 2nd line with a fellow Finn in a contract year.

Roy and Newhook could provide sneaky offence from the 3rd line, and Anderson has the speed to keep up with Newhook and size to make room for both of them.

Line 4 is...line 4. I feel like a lot of us are forgetting RHP even exists.

Our defence could see a lot of different makeups, but I like what I've put together, the top pair is quite solid and Hutson would benefit from secondary matchups and the steady hand of Savard. Mailloux and even Reinbacher should see some time with injuries/potential deadline moves.

Our goalie situation is the least exciting, but Fowler is coming...

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
With the way he played to end last year, I think the 3rd line C spot is Evans right now. Hopefully with a lot of competition in our bottom six, it pushes guys like Armia, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher to up their game as we have lacked secondary scoring in our bottom six.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Evans - Armia
Gallagher - Dvorak - Anderson

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
I would only switch Dvorak and Evans on your lineup. Both Dvorak and Armia are playing for a new contract this season. And just like magic, most NHL players have career highs under these circumstances.
Roy could potentially benefit from from these 2 vets this season.
As long as Anderson and Gallagher are on the 4th line, we’re in business.

All the talk is about our forwards, and of course the D.......................what about the two goalies?

Can Primeau play well enough to take the net from Monty? Will Monty play better and stay at #1?
We’ll only know this around January. For the start of the season, Monty is #1 even if Primeau plays better in the preseason.

Reactions: BLONG7

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky

Laine - Dach - Demidov

Newhook - Hage - Roy

Heineman - Beck - Mesar

F. Xhekaj, Tuch

Hutson - Reinbacher

Guhle - Barron

A. Xhekaj - Mailloux

Struble

Fowler - Primeau

Last edited:
Reactions: NORiculous

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Two interesting scenarios:
1) everyone stays healthy and we make the playoffs
2) we have massive injuries and pick bottom 5 again

Both scenarios are exciting to me. I just hate the middle of the road scenario where we win a bit more but end up out of the playoff race.
That bottom 5 pick is gone with acquisition of Laine.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Laine-Dach-Armia
Roy-Newhook-Anderson
Dvorak-Evans-Gallagher
-
RHP/Pezzetta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble/Barron
-
Mailloux/Reinbacher

Montembault
Primeau

Lets hope Slaf-Suzi-CC keep it rolling, no reason they shouldn't. I want to see 60+ points from all 3 this season. Suzuki closer to PPG.

At first I had Newhook on line 2, but I feel like Laine would benefit from having Armia on his line, and those are 3 big bodies. Armia also had a pretty good back half of 23/24 and might be inspired playing 2nd line with a fellow Finn in a contract year.

Roy and Newhook could provide sneaky offence from the 3rd line, and Anderson has the speed to keep up with Newhook and size to make room for both of them.

Line 4 is...line 4. I feel like a lot of us are forgetting RHP even exists.

Our defence could see a lot of different makeups, but I like what I've put together, the top pair is quite solid and Hutson would benefit from secondary matchups and the steady hand of Savard. Mailloux and even Reinbacher should see some time with injuries/potential deadline moves.

Our goalie situation is the least exciting, but Fowler is coming...
I like this forward lineup. I do however that one of Evans or Dvorak will be traded and make room for some sand paper in either Tuch, Xhekaj or Pezzetta. on the fourth line.

For D, I think it will be a tight race between Hutson, Mailloux and Reinbacher. but at the end I think it will be the following D pairing:

Matheson, Ghule
Hutson, Savard
Xhekaj, Mailloux

or

Matheson, Ghule
Hutson, Savard
Xehkaj, Reinbacher

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Two interesting scenarios:
1) everyone stays healthy and we make the playoffs
2) we have massive injuries and pick bottom 5 again

Both scenarios are exciting to me. I just hate the middle of the road scenario where we win a bit more but end up out of the playoff race.
Strange the middle of the road scenario is the one i prefer the most for next year.

Instant success is often not a good thing. I'd like our kids to battle for a playoffs spot before making it. Battle hard and miss it by 6 points. They get experience in no tomorrow games. We still draft relatively high (always need ELC even when aiming for a cup). We avoid getting stuck in a loop of mediocrity. For me it's the dream scenario.

Reactions: NORiculous

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Gally
Pezz

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Mailloux

Monty
Primeau

Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
I am looking forward to see what players gonna be used on PP and how much time they gonna get. I just hope it won’t create turmoil.

Jul 6, 2016
Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Gally
Pezz

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Mailloux

Monty
Primeau
I dunno know it which extent Mailloux is NHL ready, but I would not keep him in the stands in MTL while he could get huge minutes in Laval. With the departure of Harris and Kovacevic, Habs will have to rely on players with lesser experience on their bottom pairing. I would say Struble could stay ahead of Mailloux. I hope Xhekaj will become a good, steady, physical d-man and cut on the fights (and injuries). Barron has still tons to prove. And Huston is still a mystery. He will hit a wall by mid-season like Struble and other College kids who never palyed such a hard schedule + travels.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Guhle-Reinbacher
I think these two horses will be heavily depend on as shutdown defensemen.

Xhekaj-Mailloux
These two played together in Laval for 17 games last year.

Hutson-Matheson
I think it might be a good pair. Matheson defensive play is highly underrated. If you actually watch games, you can see it. I know he’s -24 but the team isn’t as good.

Struble-Barron
I think these two are more 5-6 bottom pairing defensemen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think these will be our lines to start the season:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvorak - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Struble

Montembeault
Primeau

If the team stays healthy, Laine goes back to his ppg form, Hutson shows why he's an elite prospect, and the kids continue progressing (Slaf, Dach, Caufield, Guhle, etc.), this team could make the playoffs.
I think you’re right. That’s what I think the lines will look like to start the year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think these will be our lines to start the season:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvorak - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Struble

Montembeault
Primeau

If the team stays healthy, Laine goes back to his ppg form, Hutson shows why he's an elite prospect, and the kids continue progressing (Slaf, Dach, Caufield, Guhle, etc.), this team could make the playoffs.

I understand the value of predicting what MSL will do with the lines to start the year.

However, MSL has consistently started off with bad lines, and often many that posters on these boards have predicted would be bad. Some recent examples are keeping going back to Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield and taking way too long to put Slaf with Suzuki and Caufield. And I'm a big fan of MSL.

My preference is to discuss or at least also discuss what I think the lines ought to be, and if I'm right about that, what MSL will eventually figure out.

That brings me to whether Newhook should play wing with Dach and Laine, or 3c with the likes of Armia and Roy or Armia and Gallagher, two duos he had success with. On the one hand, I definitely think the second line is the priority. On the other hand, I think it would great to have Armia-Newhook-Roy/Gallagher as the 3rd line. I just don't think Dvo is dynamic enough to make a good dynamic impactful 3rd line. I also think Dvo or Roy could be great with Laine and Dach. I may be wrong about those points. But I'd go with Laine-Dach-Dvo/Roy and Armia-Newhook-Roy/Gallagher as the 2nd and 3rd lines. I think we'd be dangerous with those as our top 3 lines. But I could be wrong in going against the grain on that one. And I look forward to seeing how things shake out.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Speaking from experience in Columbus, it might not be a bad idea to pair Laine with Anderson. The #92 played great with Boone Jenner, with whom he had excellent chemistry. So maybe Josh Anderson's style of play might just suit him. Conversely, Patrik could help Josh, he made players better for us.
I'd also put him on the left side, since Kirby Dach is RH

Laine - Dach - Anderson

Judging by Anderson's play with us, of course.

• Haha
Reactions: Andrei79

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Matheson-Reinbacher
Hutson-Guhle
Wifi-Mailloux
Struble-Barron-Savard

That's the line up on D i wanna see

I’m betting Savard plays big minutes and he agrees to a trade at the deadline. We get another 1st rounder. Depending on where we are in the standings, and how well the rookies are playing, Mattherson might get the deadline trade, too, but that is less likely as he has term.

Leaving Savard in the stands would be a waste ss we kept him last deadline for a reason, and that was to be a mentor for stay at home style responsible D for the young ones.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Speaking from experience in Columbus, it might not be a bad idea to pair Laine with Anderson. The #92 played great with Boone Jenner, with whom he had excellent chemistry. So maybe Josh Anderson's style of play might just suit him. Conversely, Patrik could help Josh, he made players better for us.
I'd also put him on the left side, since Kirby Dach is RH

Laine - Dach - Anderson

Judging by Anderson's play with us, of course.
No.

• Haha
Reactions: Deebs and Redux91

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
For once, it seems like we might have a decent PP2 unit, and possibly a dangerous PP1. We have options! Here's what I'd like to see :

PP1
........ GOAL
...... Slafkovsky
Caufield ......... Suzuki (takes faceoffs)
..Matheson ..... Laine

PP1
..........GOAL
.......Gallagher
Newhook ............ Roy
..Hutson..... Dach

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
Locks for upcoming season

Slafkovsky Suzuki Caufield
Laine Dach Newhook
Roy Dvorak Anderson
Armia Evan Gallagher

Pezzetta/RHP/Heineman(waviers)
extras

I think they will choose to keep Heineman over Pezzetta and RHP.

Matheson Guhle
Hutson Savard
Xhelaj Barron(waviers)
Struble(waviers)

They will keep Barron and Struble over Reinbacher and Mailloux due to waivers.

Montembault
Primeau

By April, Beck will replace Dvorak. Armia might also be gone replaced by Tuch. I think they will keep Evans.

By April Mailloux will replace Savard.

Next season Reinbacher will replace Matheson. Engstrom replaces Struble. Demidov takes Anderson spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad