Line Combos: Lines you expect to see vs what you want to see

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I don’t think you can run DeBrincat, Raymond, Berggren, Kane as your top 6 wingers.

Would be the smallest/softest top 6 wing group in the league.
Lets just go to the power winger store and pick one up, eh?

We have what we have.

Tossing a random big body up there isn't going to improve the performance any.

Here's hoping MBN is ready by the time Kane's stint here is over.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don’t think you can run DeBrincat, Raymond, Berggren, Kane as your top 6 wingers.

Would be the smallest/softest top 6 wing group in the league.

Think it more of as Top9.

I could see Rasmussen be pushed to different role. Taken out from that Copp-line and Motte is inserted there. A bit of different look.

Ras - Larkin - Raymond
Cat - Compher - Kane
Berg - Veleno - Tarasenko

Split the talent, like winning teams do on long run.

If I think the workers. It's:
Ras - X - X
X - Compher - X
X - X - Tarasenko

Separate them.

If I think the playmakers:
X - X - Raymond
X - X - Kane
Berggren - X - X

Separate them.

You split those and then add the final players to compliment them well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lets just go to the power winger store and pick one up, eh?

We have what we have.

Tossing a random big body up there isn't going to improve the performance any.

Here's hoping MBN is ready by the time Kane's stint here is over.
We have drafted 3 forwards in a row in the 1st round that can play like that.

Which is why I think one of them might get a look.

Reactions: Henkka

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I expect to see
Don't know if Danielson physically ready for NHL , but I prefer him in Detroit rather than GR. Third line wing should be the best spot for him
Rasmussen Veleno Danielson
Top 6
Larkin Raymond Debrincat Kane Compher and Tarasenko
4th line
Motte Kasper Fischer
Berggren unfortunately going to get traded
I hope for
Rasmussen Larkin Tarasenko
Cat Compher Kane
Berggren Kasper Raymond
Motte Fischer Mazur
Raymond should get 2 years bridge and show if he can be as productive on the third line.
Veleno should be part of the package for top 4 defansman

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I expect to see
Don't know if Danielson physically ready for NHL , but I prefer him in Detroit rather than GR. Third line wing should be the best spot for him
Rasmussen Veleno Danielson
Top 6
Larkin Raymond Debrincat Kane Compher and Tarasenko
4th line
Motte Kasper Fischer
Berggren unfortunately going to get traded
I hope for
Rasmussen Larkin Tarasenko
Cat Compher Kane
Berggren Kasper Raymond
Motte Fischer Mazur
Raymond should get 2 years bridge and show if he can be as productive on the third line.
Veleno should be part of the package for top 4 defansman
no one is going to be as productive getting 3rd line minutes with 3rd line players compared to top line

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We have drafted 3 forwards in a row in the 1st round that can play like that.

Which is why I think one of them might get a look.

Three guys will get a look if there's enough injuries.

That's what Yzerman has been informing. 100% of Ken Holland -talk. :)

Same LP repeated.

Imo, Joe Veleno is the most probable and irrelevant forward to drop out (as a trade bait year after) without a huge raise on impact level, and I think it's Kasper vs. Danielson who will battle about this opportunity against each other.

Mazur will steal Christan Fischer's spot pretty soon. Maybe after 2024-25 season.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
no one is going to be as productive getting 3rd line minutes with 3rd line players compared to top line
It's third line + first pp unite . It's third line , but first line players from AHL, that get older, stronger and more familiar with each other. Yes , Raymond will play less and score less than last season, but he could be as dangerous

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Peter Forsberg only played like 15-17 minutes a game , but was dominant in those minutes. Do we really need to have Raymond playing 20+ minutes a game

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
The one thing I don’t understand is 95% of hockey pundits have Petry playing top four minutes this year.

I just don’t see that and truthfully tho k he will be injury fodder with Johansson playing majority of minutes.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The one thing I don’t understand is 95% of hockey pundits have Petry playing top four minutes this year.

I just don’t see that and truthfully tho k he will be injury fodder with Johansson playing majority of minutes.

Most of people see Petry paying at Top4 (second pair), because he is the most fitting pair for Edvinsson. But that does not exactly mean Top4 minutes.

It could be that Seider plays so high right-side minutes, that our 2RD & 3RD will get bottom-pair minutes both.

That's what it is currently. Until Yzerman completes a trade to fix that RD side.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Most of people see Petry paying at Top4 (second pair), because he is the most fitting pair for Edvinsson. But that does not exactly mean Top4 minutes.

It could be that Seider plays so high right-side minutes, that our 2RD & 3RD will get bottom-pair minutes both.

That's what it is currently. Until Yzerman completes a trade to fix that RD side.
True but Petry just is not good anymore and I don’t see him even being a regular in the lineup anymore.

I feel like AlJo takes “his” supposed spot and runs with it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Peter Forsberg only played like 15-17 minutes a game , but was dominant in those minutes. Do we really need to have Raymond playing 20+ minutes a game
That was in a large part because he had a lot of health problems. I am sure they would have loved to play him higher usage minutes like they did in the playoffs if his foot wasn't constantly a problem.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What if MBN makes the team? Sounds a little crazy because of his age, but we heard they want him in camp to see if he's ready.

If so, what line, and who should be his linemates?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
What if MBN makes the team? Sounds a little crazy because of his age, but we heard they want him in camp to see if he's ready.

If so, what line, and who should be his linemates?
There's really no logical place for him. I doubt they're going to bring a rookie in and then immediately have him swap wings. Unless he has a history of a lot of off-wing play (which I haven't heard of) he's strictly a RW. Behind Raymond, Kane, and Tarasenko. None of them have sounded too thrilled about switching over to the left either. They aren't going to stick MBN on a 4th line with Veleno and Motte/Fischer.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hard question to answer for me until they're playing the preseason games. Hoping one of the young guys can slot into that Kane Compher line because i really liked Debrincat- Larkin- Raymond as the first line. Don't really have a finisher LW that fits in seamlessly onto that second line.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
debrincat - larkin - kane
berggren - compher - raymond
mazur - kasper - tarasenko
rasmussen - copp - fischer
motte - veleno

maatta - seider
edvinsson - chiarot
gustafsson - johansson
petry - holl

talbot
lyon
Just switch Maatta and Edvinsson, perfect

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Think it more of as Top9.

I could see Rasmussen be pushed to different role. Taken out from that Copp-line and Motte is inserted there. A bit of different look.

Ras - Larkin - Raymond
Cat - Compher - Kane
Berg - Veleno - Tarasenko

Split the talent, like winning teams do on long run.

If I think the workers. It's:
Ras - X - X
X - Compher - X
X - X - Tarasenko

Separate them.

If I think the playmakers:
X - X - Raymond
X - X - Kane
Berggren - X - X

Separate them.

You split those and then add the final players to compliment them well.

What would Ras provide on the top line? He will literally slow that line down, not provide any scoring and it will be a mess.

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022

I would rather see a rookie play those minutes and learn on the job than see Petry make the same mistakes said rookie would.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What would Ras provide on the top line? He will literally slow that line down, not provide any scoring and it will be a mess.

Think he is our best player winning board battles and assisting behind the net.

That's a part of hockey and would do that top line more multi-dimensional.

It will also drop one skill forward to 2nd line, creating more quality depth there. And it cumulates as 2nd --> 3rd line too.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
I would rather see a rookie play those minutes and learn on the job than see Petry make the same mistakes said rookie would.
Exactly, I dont get why Petry, who has last his entire package of skills, would be playing top four minutes, let alone top 6 minutes over AlJo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad