Lines at Practice November 1st

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The coach's system is what got them into trouble in the first place. Maybe they should tune him out and then we'd see better results.

They played it all last year when they didn't really want to (Remember Philly).
The playoffs were a completely different and FUN animal!
They started this year loose and smiling on the road.
Total improv for the most part. :laugh:
Once we settled in to our first homestand the MT system started appearing;...
and the smiles disappearing.
People can argue this all they want but having fun is crucial to playing consistent winning hockey.
Do the boys want to slug it out along the boards for 70 more games?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
What planet do I live on where MT is still not inserting Bournival or Sekac? Lunacy

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
J-F Chaumont (@JFChaumontJDM) a tweeté à 11:05 AM on lun., nov. 03, 2014 :
#Habs: les trios du jour: Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise, Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher, Bourque-Eller-Parenteau, Moen-Malhotra-Prust.
(https://twitter.com/JFChaumontJDM/status/529303338299711488)

what a joke.

Almost like MT is doing his best to use a line-up nobody ever suggested on any fan forum.

#FireTherrien

tumblr_nbb57pZtA21swz1xuo7_r1_250.gif

MTLSandman*

what a joke.

Almost like MT is doing his best to use a line-up nobody ever suggested on any fan forum.

#FireTherrien

tumblr_nbb57pZtA21swz1xuo7_r1_250.gif

Honestly the fact that bournival and Sekac are both sitting and have been for many games even after we played horrible is the one thing I can't seem to wrap my head around.... I refuse to believe Michel is actually THAT stubborn. Nobody is. I feel like there's maybe something else to it. Missing curfew? Trade baiting Bourque or moen? Maybe an injury that we don't know of? It just doesn't seem logical even for Therrien's extent lol

habitue*

Being patient with unproductive veteran players should be over by now.

70 games to go. Time to give proper ice-time and valuable experience to youngsters.

My lines would be:

Paccioretty - Plekanec- Galchenyuk (top offensive line and PP #1)

Sekac- Desharnais - Parenteau OR Sekac-Eller-Gallagher

Bournival - Eller - Gallagher OR Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Gilbert

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Being patient with unproductive veteran players should be over by now.

70 games to go. Time to give proper ice-time and valuable experience to youngsters.

My lines would be:

Paccioretty - Plekanec- Galchenyuk (top offensive line and PP #1)

Sekac- Desharnais - Parenteau OR Sekac-Eller-Gallagher

Bournival - Eller - Gallagher OR Bournival-Desharnais-Parenteau

Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Emelin
Tinordi-Gilbert

This is a very good first post!
and far too logical for our coach. :nod:

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Time to give Moen a break and bring back Bournival or Sekac

Last edited:

Want My Dach x 77

Sep 2, 2010
vancouver, bc
This is how the lineup should be barring any trades....

Pacioretty galchenyuk Gallagher
Bournival plekanec parenteau
Deharnais eller bourque/sekac
Prust malhotra weise

Emelin subban
Markov Gilbert/beaulieu
Tinordi weaver
beaulieu/Gilbert

With all these line changes M.T is doing why not try something like this I could see it working. Bournival looked really good last year with plek and gio. He's really good on the boards and seems to get him self in a good position to find a open seam, he has hockey sense boys !! It's pretty obvious galchenyuks body is ready for 1st line minutes.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yup. Because fan forums are where the true hockey minds exist!

Gaining additional perspectives is not always a bad thing. Taking this place as gospel is wrong but using the eyes of hundreds of avid watchers and seeing things that you may not see yourself can never hurt.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Gaining additional perspectives is not always a bad thing. Taking this place as gospel is wrong but using the eyes of hundreds of avid watchers and seeing things that you may not see yourself can never hurt.

Ha ha ha...

You really think the pros come here for insight? If they come here, it's on a sporadic basis and it's for the LOLs.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ha ha ha...

You really think the pros come here for insight? If they come here, it's on a sporadic basis and it's for the LOLs.

No absolutely not. But when you have countless people analyzing things you may unearth some information. I would hire a social media guy who went scouring through some of this stuff and bring ideas to the team.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
No absolutely not. But when you have countless people analyzing things you may unearth some information. I would hire a social media guy who went scouring through some of this stuff and bring ideas to the team.

I can see how the first meeting would go.

MB: So Michel what were your thoughts on the lines for the next game?
MT: You know a few changes, maybe give a few guys more ice time since they are playing well, same old same old.
MB: Hey Dave any of the guys down in the juniors warranting a call up?
Dave: Ya, got a dman who could put in some minutes if we have an injury.
MB: Sounds good, maybe in the next couple weeks. How about you Steve, you find any good ideas in your search?
Steve: Oh yea! A user named "xX_Vag1n4Destr0yer_[420BlayzIt]_Xx" says that we have "the ********* team in the world" and to solve our problems we should get the boys a round of "fatties" and get "super ripped".

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Honestly the fact that bournival and Sekac are both sitting and have been for many games even after we played horrible is the one thing I can't seem to wrap my head around.... I refuse to believe Michel is actually THAT stubborn. Nobody is. I feel like there's maybe something else to it. Missing curfew? Trade baiting Bourque or moen? Maybe an injury that we don't know of? It just doesn't seem logical even for Therrien's extent lol

I thought about it too. I can't believe a ''professional'' can be so incompetent and blind. There has to be something going on that we don't know about it. It's a locker room issue, maybe.

I say it's undiagnosed mental deficiency for MT.

Now I'm not making fun of double-digit IQ people here, mods. The twin brother of a close friend of the cousin of my grandmother is mentally deficient! :sarcasm:

habitue*

I thought about it too. I can't believe a ''professional'' can be so incompetent and blind. There has to be something going on that we don't know about it. It's a locker room issue, maybe.

I say it's undiagnosed mental deficiency for MT.

Now I'm not making fun of double-digit IQ people here, mods. The twin brother of a close friend of the cousin of my grandmother is mentally deficient! :sarcasm:

Got a feeling that PK's huge contract is strarting to have its effects (negatives) in the room.Way too much money for a guy who is not even a top five d-man in this league.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Got a feeling that PK's huge contract is strarting to have its effects (negatives) in the room.Way too much money for a guy who is not even a top five d-man in this league.

Imo, PK Subban is the main reason (with Price) I have hope for a CUP one day. Subban was the no.1 dman (Norris winner) in the NHL before last season and it'll happen again, imo. But, I betcha Subbie would prefer a CUP before another Norris.

And, all NHL players are getting waaaaaay too much money...ludicrous amounts, but what can we do? People pay ludicrous amounts of money to see the games live (and playoff tickets prices are just plain robbery/thievery, but people still pay), so...that's just the way she goes. I still watch the games on TV!!

I can't believe Dale Weise on the first line didn't work! I was sure it would.

It didn't?! I saw a bit of Weise with DD and Pacioretty and thought Weise was doing his job in the corners (digging the puck up for Pacioretty,etc), and adding grit/speed,etc. But maybe some of you saw way more than I did! (and I'm biased since I'm a huge Weise fan, especially for playoffs).

Last edited:

Analyzer*

I can't believe Dale Weise on the first line didn't work! I was sure it would.

I can't believe our first line doesn't work at all! I mean, it's not like all our RWs suck and the centre is a weak-ass midget.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I can see how the first meeting would go.

MB: So Michel what were your thoughts on the lines for the next game?
MT: You know a few changes, maybe give a few guys more ice time since they are playing well, same old same old.
MB: Hey Dave any of the guys down in the juniors warranting a call up?
Dave: Ya, got a dman who could put in some minutes if we have an injury.
MB: Sounds good, maybe in the next couple weeks. How about you Steve, you find any good ideas in your search?
Steve: Oh yea! A user named "xX_Vag1n4Destr0yer_[420BlayzIt]_Xx" says that we have "the ********* team in the world" and to solve our problems we should get the boys a round of "fatties" and get "super ripped".

Can't ne worse... React rather than think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad