Lines at Practice November 1st

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Meh, don't care anymore. MT will do his thing regardless of whether we whine or not.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I'd put Sekac back in. I don't understand why MT would scratch a hard working talented physical player like him...

For the changes I have no problem. We'll see if pleky is productive without galchy and we'll see if galchy can help bourque.

My guess is when sekac comes back in it's for good. Maybe just a little scare to push him to be at his best.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Will the Sekac/Bournival ever play again?

Weise is on our first line. Let that sink in.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
What did Sekac do? He wasnt extremely impressive but he was far from being the worst forward when he played.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Dont mind any of these lines, it shakes things up I guess. I'll give eller on the wing another try. Its the PP combos that need to change as well.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Eller-Plekanec-Parenteau
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Malhotra-Moen
Sekac/Bournival

Discuss.

Well we know who our new first line in everything but icetime is... Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gallagher. Congratulations to Bourque for the promotion... I'm just not sure which will be our unofficial third line, i.e. which will produce less, the Desharnais or Plekanec line.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
They should bring back Darche & put him on the second line, move Prust on the third and move Bourque and Eller on the fourth.

Grinders on every line! :handclap:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't hate the lines, at least he's trying to adjust... but Weise is not a Top-6 player.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

1st PP is still without our most skilled players i bet?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't hate the lines, at least he's trying to adjust... but Weise is not a Top-6 player.

Yes and no. He still stubbornly refuses to split up Patches and DD. Trying Eller on the wing again. He also just won't address the Rene Bourque issue. Instead of giving him less rope, he's giving him more opportunities when he doesn't really deserve it.. Maybe he actually does start producing though since he won't really be relied on to create much. With Gallagher and Galchenyuk he can afford to be a passenger offensively and wait for some garbage.

The only real switch I'd try is Eller on the RW. I think in 2012-2013 he played on the RW with Pacioretty and DD for a game or two and looked better there than he does on the left. Also, when he rushes the puck through the neutral zone, Eller has a tendency to move to the right side of the ice more.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I figured we would see Weise on the DD-Patches line simply because of the two assists by Weise on Patches last two goals.

Obviously, not a fan of Eller on the wing over DD.. but its to be expected. Hoping Galchenyuk takes the center promotion and runs with it so it can facilitate the inevitable replacement of DD on the top line.

Still riding the Sekac and Bournival in for Prust/Moen train.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well nice to see Galchenyuk at center, but seriously are Bournival & Sekac not going to play unless there are injuries? Bournival should be in the AHL if Therrien isn't going to play him.

Considering our lack of offence right now Sekac should be in over Bourque. But MT...

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Yes and no. He still stubbornly refuses to split up Patches and DD. Trying Eller on the wing again. He also just won't address the Rene Bourque issue. Instead of giving him less rope, he's giving him more opportunities when he doesn't really deserve it.. Maybe he actually does start producing though since he won't really be relied on to create much. With Gallagher and Galchenyuk he can afford to be a passenger offensively and wait for some garbage.

The only real switch I'd try is Eller on the RW. I think in 2012-2013 he played on the RW with Pacioretty and DD for a game or two and looked better there than he does on the left.

I bet René Bourque starts producing now.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Sekac and Bournival should both be sent down to Hamilton. Its obvious management is trying to move Moen so he isn't getting scratched until we find a home for his contract. I highly doubt Weise sticks on the first line but wtever, Therrien will do his thing and it will miraculously work out.

I just wish we had some stability when it came to our lines. Guys need time to develop chemistry.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Eller-Plekanec-Parenteau
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Malhotra-Moen
Sekac/Bournival

Discuss.

I call this progress. Like in a sailing race, this ship was due for a change of tack. The solution to an anemic offence starts with Galchenyuk at center.

Edit: that said, MT's mind manoeuvers more like an oil tanker or an aircraft carrier than a catamaran :sarcasm:.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I bet René Bourque starts producing now.

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised. He wouldn't be relied on as much to create something. Less pressure might do him a world of good. He can wait for the chances to come to him now instead of partaking in the creating. Gallagher is good at creating space and Chucky is great at exploiting it. Bourque just has to make sure that when the chances come his way that he doesn't whiff or fumble the puck.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Probably. I wouldn't be surprised. He wouldn't be relied on as much to create something. Less pressure might do him a world of good. He can wait for the chances to come to him now instead of partaking in the creating. Gallagher is good at creating space and Chucky is great at exploiting it. Bourque just has to make sure that when the chances come his way that he doesn't whiff or fumble the puck.

Anyone who plays with Chuckie will start to produce. He's that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad