Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff named Head Coach, Press Conference at 1:00 PM EDT

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What's the head scratch? Adams/Ruff's plan was to keep him, but not as a bench coach (which is what he was last season). If he was behind the bench, that's not where they said he was going to be.
But he's there again, he hasn't gone anywhere.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
But he's there again, he hasn't gone anywhere.
I’m not sure why you guys are worried about it.

He doesn’t coach the PP or the forwards. He’s supposed to be the eye in the sky and work on face offs. I don’t know why he was on the bench, assuming he was. But he doesn’t coach the main things that cost us our last two games.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I’m not sure why you guys are worried about it.

He doesn’t coach the PP or the forwards. He’s supposed to be the eye in the sky and work on face offs. I don’t know why he was on the bench, assuming he was. But he doesn’t coach the main things that cost us our last two games.
How do we know what he trains there? Maybe he also influences the training process as before, no one will tell us about it officially.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
How do we know what he trains there? Maybe he also influences the training process as before, no one will tell us about it officially.
We know because they told us who does what on the staff.

Appert/Ruff are the ones who handle the forwards. Appert runs the PP.

Wilfork coaches the defense.

Ellis to work on face offs and be the eye in the sky.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
We know because they told us who does what on the staff.

Appert/Ruff are the ones who handle the forwards. Appert runs the PP.

Wilfork coaches the defense.

Ellis to work on face offs and be the eye in the sky.
It's possible, although I can't trust them one hundred percent, that our PP looked like Ellis was still messing around with it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
6:35

Regarding Lafferty: "The decision to take him out was based on a couple penalties, on play, what your bringing."

"I've had meetings with several players about the compete level has to be at a high level."
Lafferty, Quinn, and Sammy all probably got that same meeting message. Any others?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad