Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Jake Guentzel | 7 years, $9M AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Does tampering happen every offseason? Yes. I remember them talking about stamkos going to Nashville a while ago. I'm sure they all talk and tamper well ahead of time. Deals are announced right at noon on the 1st often. It's happening and everyone knows it. They just call out the tampa move of course haha.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Does tampering happen every offseason? Yes. I remember them talking about stamkos going to Nashville a while ago. I'm sure they all talk and tamper well ahead of time. Deals are announced right at noon on the 1st often. It's happening and everyone knows it. They just call out the tampa move of course haha.

Yeah I don't get it.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Nashville was such an obvious market by default, tax free, good place to play, looking for scoring and tons of cap space doesn't take a genius to put that together.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Remember the years when they opened the window to negotiate a week before July 1? I feel like they closed it, but teams didn't really listen. Everyone seems to have it pretty narrowed down by noon.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't remember what year it was recently but I remember a particular July 1st where by about 11am or so we literally knew 80% of what was going to happen before anything was official. I think there was all of like 4 signings that afternoon that Bob Mckenzie hadn't already broken before the bell even rang. You folks have no idea what it takes to drive me to boredom. It is almost physically impossible. I've actually watched paint dry while doing a home project for my mom and even that was preferable to that day

Last edited:

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Nashville was such an obvious market by default, tax free, good place to play, looking for scoring and tons of cap space doesn't take a genius to put that together.
I’m hoping a young guy like Cody Glass shakes off of their roster as a result of all these moves. His game is more top-6 than bottom-6 so they might just give up on him if he doesn’t fit their lower lines. But he’s still young and intriguing — big, mobile and skilled — but he’s lost his prospect luster and has had injury issues, so hopefully he could be a nice buy-low reclamation project

Reactions: DaBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad