GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
And looking at the icetime, I'm thinking It's pretty obvious what defenseman is coming out for Luke Pesce.

And I'm not talking about Misyul, who was gonna come out anyway.

And I know some people are gonna be mad about it when it happens, because I already saw a post earlier that said Casey got a raw deal. So somebody is gonna be mad about one of the guys that's gonna come out.

Unless I'm completely wrong and they superkick the holy hell out of Kovacevic or some shit lol.
I think everyone agrees that Nemec is likely coming out. Mostly because of how well Kovacevic started. Despite some people continuing to be negative about his game however he has actually played mostly much better hockey over the last stretch including tonight (apart from that one lapse). Doubt they’ll send him to Utica and could see a rotation of him and Kovacevic at some point until either he takes a handle on the spot or there’s an injury.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're probably getting rocked against a Detroit team that's looking to make the playoffs. Our guys don't seem interested to do that in the slightest so far this year. The got 2 rounds 2 years ago and that seemed to be enough.
Ewww.

Not sure if you're turning complete pessimist here, but we're in trouble if we can't win that game. They look like they're desperately clinging to a 1-0 win over the Islanders right now, while getting outshot 27-10 with under 3 minutes left in the period.

I'd like to see us go 3-0-0 against the Red Wings, Islanders and Ducks. Last year we went 0-2-0 against the joke Ducks.

At the very least I'd like to see 2-1-0 or preferably 2-0-1. The Islanders will be the toughest team to beat, especially because of the back to back and the added bonus that Allen will (probably) be playing that one. Unless we can keep it 20 shots or under again lol.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
For the talk earlier about how bringing back Tatar meant nothing I sure don't see how that was the case tonight. He had an assist, helped create the Nate goal, didn't get scored on, 73% xG, and 63% CF. Sure seemed like Tatar was one of the few positives from tonight.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
I’ll repeat. Lazy and bs take. They played hard at the very least and they actually spent more time in Tampa’s zone than their own in the second when Tampa scored 5 goals. Just stupid lapses. Yes far too many of them but there was absolutely nothing disinterested about their game tonight.

They played like crap. One bad game, sure. Following up a 6 GA game with an 8 GA is not playing hard. There is a lot more to playing hard than scoring a few goals. It's moving your feet, making crisp passes, and NOT having mental lapses. The truth of the matter is they probably should have given up 10+.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Ewww.

Not sure if you're turning complete pessimist here, but we're in trouble if we can't win that game. They look like they're desperately clinging to a 1-0 win over the Islanders right now, while getting outshot 27-10 with under 3 minutes left in the period.

I'd like to see us go 3-0-0 against the Red Wings, Islanders and Ducks. Last year we went 0-2-0 against the joke Ducks.

At the very least I'd like to see 2-1-0 or preferably 2-0-1. The Islanders will be the toughest team to beat, especially because of the back to back and the added bonus that Allen will (probably) be playing that one. Unless we can keep it 20 shots or under again lol.
I don't go by single games to draw conclusions. They lost to the Habs in 2022-2023.

The "getting absolutely rocked" potential is pretty high for that game.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
We're probably getting rocked against a Detroit team that's looking to make the playoffs. Our guys don't seem interested to do that in the slightest so far this year. The got 2 rounds 2 years ago and that seemed to be enough for them.

Detroit's really f***ing bad. 39% xG tonight against the Isles. 44% on the season. If they can't smoke them then they suck.

Reactions: Bleedred

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
That's my fallback but I'm not going wit that first.

Siegs-Kovy
Luke-Dougie
Dillon-Pesce

Siegs-Kovy is really f***ing good and I'm keeping that together if I can. Then another pair to gobble up hard minutes in Dillon-Pesce and Luke-Dougie to hopefully decimate soft competition. That doesn't work then go to you pairs.

I can agree with this. I think people need to lower their expectations a lot about Luke making any kind of impact defensively though. I'm happy to try it out with Dougie to start.

However, I don't think giving Dillon a lot of minutes is ideal, that's like one of the issues atm

Reactions: Hisch13r

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think everyone agrees that Nemec is likely coming out. Mostly because of how well Kovacevic started. Despite some people continuing to be negative about his game however he has actually played mostly much better hockey over the last stretch including tonight (apart from that one lapse). Doubt they’ll send him to Utica and could see a rotation of him and Kovacevic at some point until either he takes a handle on the spot or there’s an injury.
I think they'd rather send him to Utica than keep him up here not to play every game.

Unless he only comes out for 1-2 games, but if he isn't playing regularly I think they'll send him to Utica.

However, we aren't too far removed from Holtz being here for months while being a regular healthy scratch when he was eligible to be sent to the AHL without waivers.

But I also think Fitz said he regretted that, and I think the organization is much more high on Nemec than they ever were Holtz, so they'd rather not keep him up here to sit regularly.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I can agree with this. I think people need to lower their expectations a lot about Luke making any kind of impact defensively though. I'm happy to try it out with Dougie to start.

However, I don't think giving Dillon a lot of minutes is ideal, that's like one of the issues atm

I'd be running Dillon the least of those 4 shutdown guys provided Pesce doesn't suck coming back from the injury.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
They played like crap. One bad game, sure. Following up a 6 GA game with an 8 GA is not playing hard. There is a lot more to playing hard than scoring a few goals. It's moving your feet, making crisp passes, and NOT having mental lapses. The truth of the matter is they probably should have given up 10+.
Did I once mention the goals they scored. Always no it’s a bs baseless argument when someone starts making up arguments for you that you’ve never yourself said.

You can play hard and have a bad game. It’s incredibly possibly and actually happens all the time.

The last sentence is also laughable. They deserved to lose but if anything it should have been less than 8 not more.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
it’s crazy that some of you are annoyed or surprised and trying to chastise people for being pissed and venting.

this team just played two unbelievably shitty games and got embarrassed.

yeah, new coach, new system, roster changes, coming off injuries, schedule, stink of lindy, yada yada. those are all well and good. they have a respectable record. jack is coming around. two key pieces of our blue line are coming back.

but still, they f***ing suck lately. it’s shitty hockey and it’s not fun to watch and they still let themselves get pushed around tonight with basically no response. stick up for yourselves at least!

i know it’s probably growing pains and an adjustment period but until they prove otherwise (which i think they should) i just don’t have any confidence in this team

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anders Nilsson? Guess not, he was never even with Tampa
Good answer! Close! But not him.

Nilsson actually works for the Devils now as a goalie scout, the last I saw?

This goalie originally played for Nashville, then wound up playing for Buffalo after Tampa, and was even traded to Buffalo from somewhere else (Dallas maybe?) down the stretch in 2015 when they were tanking for McEichel, which people immediately knew was some kind of a tanking goalie, as they traded a better performing goalie for him.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
For the talk earlier about how bringing back Tatar meant nothing I sure don't see how that was the case tonight. He had an assist, helped create the Nate goal, didn't get scored on, 73% xG, and 63% CF. Sure seemed like Tatar was one of the few positives from tonight.
Yes he has been fine I don't see why people are making such a stink about him. Worst case we dump him.

We all wanted Palat to succeed but he's just been awful. Today was meh but $6m for another 2 seasons after this? Please take him Chicago!

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Keefe was mad last game too and the team responded by playing a low-effort, gutless defensive performance and allowing a goal total that surpassed their worst GA total of last season by 2 goals.

This team is legit bad right now.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad