GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Agree with this, I wanted another top 6 forward rather than 78 gigantic defensemen.

Everyone was all excited for Tatar to come back. Wheee!
Tatar has been pretty useless, which I kind of expected.

But he's still not as bad as Steve Austin (you know who I'm talking about) AND he comes at about a quarter of the price! And he's DONE after this year and not in 2027!

Tatar has been good and exactly as expected. Play is going in the right direction with him on the ice. He's got the best defensive metrics across the board. Even tonight he has not been on for a GA. You're not signing a guy for 1.8 mil expecting boatloads of production. He's been exactly what you'd expect from him which is a good supporting defensive winger

Reactions: palek1019

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
A week? It's been over a year since 2022-2023 and about a decade before that. This team hasn't had a good cycle/era in over a decade. Legitimately depressing.
Yep - It's only a week this season but 10 years since real relevance in the league.

We can't have nice things

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Remember when that coach (PDB) was the scapegoat for this board and everyone thought we could do better?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Lol.. I was referring to the compliment Travis Green gave the team after the Senators win... a few days ago...

But I'm glad Pepperidge Farm's memory is still working

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I don't think Nemec has worked with a rookie next to him. He needs to be sheltered a bit or needs to be in Utica.

Siegs-Kocacevic is the only this working consistently. I don't think they should stay married to each other at the expense of the rest of the D.

Dillion and Dougie just don't mesh at all. Probably should put Siegs back with him as they have always played well together
I think Misyul and Nemec have worked well together all night except for a 10 second interval which had nothing to do with them as a pairing. Nemec was heavily involved in a great offensive shift and got a little to eager and unaware of what was behind him. Will say Misyul could’ve played the 2-on-1 better though.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
That's an eternity. One week caused have this board to turn on the team.

One good week and you will be the only one chirping negative stuff
This team has not looked good what so ever and is going the route of every other team with a hot start in the last 10 years has except for the fluke playoffs in 17-18 and 22-23.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Tatar has been good and exactly as expected. Play is going in the right direction with him on the ice. He's got the best defensive metrics across the board. Even tonight he has not been on for a GA. You're not signing a guy for 1.8 mil expecting boatloads of production. He's been exactly what you'd expect from him which is a good supporting defensive winger
Yes . Tatar is being Tatar. I have no problem with that.

The issue for me is that we did not need Tatar. We have 4 of them already.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Once again, the last good game they've played was Utah which was 8 days ago, you can't just assume they turn it on lmao. When has this core magically turned it up? They've done the exact opposite

Game 9 and they've played 3 good games. 2 against a team that sucks and 1 against a middling team. Killed in all the games against good teams and mediocre at best in the games against other middling teams. I do not get how that isn't at least concerning.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
So a week ago. But sure they are never going to play good hockey again.

Sell down to the studs and let's all go root for the Rags

.......? The bar is so f***ing low, it's actually absurd. And lol @ this board bringing up the Rags whenever people want this team to do good, the obsession is absurd

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Game 9 and they've played 3 good games. 2 against a team that sucks and 1 against a middling team. Killed in all the games against good teams and mediocre at best in the games against other middling teams. I do not get how that isn't at least concerning.
I got bashed and hit with every excuse when I was appalled after the lazy 3rd against the leafs

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad