GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It's game 9 with a brand new coach, a bunch of players who did not have an offseason, short camp, guys out.

It's literally night and day from a team going through the motions in game 60 with a dead man walking coach.

Their only wins have come on the back of goaltending besides the exception of the Utah/second Sabres game. I'm not asking for them to win but they've given up 12 goals in 2 games to the Caps who this board constantly makes fun of as a retirement home and a team that just got routed in Toronto the night before without the starter playing. It's embarrassing man, and what's the difference between the games they're playing right now and any Travis Green game from last March/April? Pesce and Luke aren't saving this team

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Going through the motions game #9 after already getting two coaches fired is worse! They should be coming out this season like they have something to prove, I guess they did for about 5 games, yay?
While I understand the sentiment, its easier said than done to break 3-4+ year old habits they formed

Especially when the team, as a whole, has been youthful and soaking up such experience during their formative seasons

Rather it be game 9 than game 49 with the talent stealing wins along the way. Let Keefe nip it in the butt as early as he can (and has been, when reading his comments during practices and training camp)

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It's all your fault Rachael and your awful smokers voice, bring back Erika dammit!

@Emperoreddy

1729644230361.png

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fitz will be the next to go when it isn’t, we’ve run out of scapegoats at least other than the core players and they aren’t going before a GM who hasn’t done squat either.
Yeah, I mean I think the brakes need to be pumped on the Fitz praise. Both here AND around the league.

As many playoff berths in the same number of years as Ray Shero, with more to work with when he got the job.

This is a shit or get off the pot year for him as far as I'm concerned. How many times can you run it back with him?

Again, we could wind up being fine this year and if we are, give him all the praise in the end. But if we aren't good this year then the sword falls on him.

He's either gonna be a hero or a villain here at the end of this year or maybe sooner.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Dougie's been outscored 9-14 at 5v5 this year. If this isn't just him getting back up to speed after the injury, long layoff, and being paired with a guy he doesn't mesh with at all then this will be a loooooooooong year. I don't see how this team succeeds with Dougie being awful

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
The offense has not been impressive at all this year. Is the only game we scored 4 or more non-empty net goals the last game? Is that right? Or was there one more? I know we scored 3 and an empty net in one of the Buffalo games.

The offense has been mediocre.
Agree with this, I wanted another top 6 forward rather than 78 gigantic defensemen.

Everyone was all excited for Tatar to come back. Wheee!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nemec will be fine. Not even worried about him, but send him in the AHL for a while.
I really don't have much interest in seeing him when the other two get back.

I won't cry or bitch when he gets sent down, if those two are playing and in the lineup.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Yeah man. They've forgotten how to play hockey. It doesn't matter who's back there. In a league where Casey De Smith can look like Helleybuck, we make all goalies bad.

Yeah man. They've forgotten how to play hockey. It doesn't matter who's back there. In a league where Casey De Smith can look like Helleybuck, we make all goalies bad.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I find it ironic the people who were super negative last year are all of sudden ok with this type of start where they've looked like dogshit for the majority of it. If they were in games and actually playing well and saying losing off of a bounce or two then sure. These type of games are also gonna rush back Luke/Pesce whether you agree with it or not.

wait really? What I see is the same people saying "wait till after 10+ games to judge"

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
This shit is so frustrating. Some issues are pretty blatant and some of the stuff going on out there is just the Devils simply having a really bad game. They aren't this bad but I hope their 5-3-1 start isn't some illusion. If you look they are getting torched on the counterattack. The game changes drastically when you are trailing by 2 or more goals. I get that they want to take more chances to score but things got real ugly.

Pesce and Luke are good players and should be good adds. I'm not sure what players will sit when they return but you know Misyul will be one of them.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
He has a NMC. I really don't have an issue moving him this summer and getting no value back for him which I think is the more likely scenario. I don't think you're getting value back for a 9 mil player.
Did I have a long nap? We are in off season talk? Trading players it is game number 9, WOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad