GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 6:45 PM - MSG

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Not the same roster or same coach. It's 9 games in a new season.

I find it ironic the people who were super negative last year are all of sudden ok with this type of start where they've looked like dogshit for the majority of it. If they were in games and actually playing well and saying losing off of a bounce or two then sure. These type of games are also gonna rush back Luke/Pesce whether you agree with it or not.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey guess what: goaltending wasnt the problem and still isn't the problem
He's given up a couple bad ones tonight, but we're getting badly outplayed. And remember, they didn't take the head of the snake when they changed all things goaltending.

Joke performance all around tonight.

Reactions: DVision44

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
the fact that Kovacevic, a montreal bottom paring, has been of of our best dmen tells a lot about this group

hope Pesce and Luke mesh together and we get at least 20+min of great defensemen

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Saved myself $22 plus parking tonight. :D Secondary market is gonna bottom out real soon.

1729643715385.png

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can we fire Rogalski tomorrow? Like see if Legace can be goalie coach the rest of the year. He's already here and he has the experience.

Somebody needs to get fired for this game. Obviously not Keefe, but Rogalski has already lasted at least 9 games longer than he should have.

You could have fired him after Allen had the shutout and it still would have been 5 games too late.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And again, in case anyone wanted to relive that magic I highly recommend checking out the highlights of all Tampa Bay goals from the official New Jersey Devils YouTube account. They're neatly cataloged for you to peruse are your leisure

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
If you are going to pull the rip cord 9 games in. Idk root for another game or watch the Knicks.

It's literally absurd to belive they are simply never going to play another good game again with 72 games left.
They might turn it around. Orr they might look like dog shit a month from now. I know which one is more likely right now given the way they're playing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I find it ironic the people who were super negative last year are all of sudden ok with this type of start where they've looked like dogshit for the majority of it. If they were in games and actually playing well and saying losing off of a bounce or two then sure. These type of games are also gonna rush back Luke/Pesce whether you agree with it or not.

It's game 9 with a brand new coach, a bunch of players who did not have an offseason, short camp, guys out.

It's literally night and day from a team going through the motions in game 60 with a dead man walking coach.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
Im not going to overreact to this game

It shows it was foolish of us (including me) to assume this team would just forget and fix all its problems in training camp

In fact, Id argue its good these problems are rearing their ugly heads again this early on. That way we arent caught off guard because the talent simply got us far enough

Effort level and consistency of mental engagement were two big problems I felt this team had and clearly still has; Keefe has his work cut out for him and knows what needs to be done

Reactions: Comparison Ford

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's game 9 with a brand new coach, a bunch of players who did not have an offseason, short camp, guys out.

It's literally night and day from a team going through the motions in game 60 with a dead man walking coach.
Going through the motions game #9 after already getting two coaches fired is worse! They should be coming out this season like they have something to prove, I guess they did for about 5 games, yay?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad