Lighting reaction to hit on Hedman completely embarrassing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
You'll notice the comment wasn't about having to play preseason games - it was about the specific players they are concerned about being legally hit by AHLers during preseason.

I mean, the reason why there are so many AHLers is because there's a lot of preseason games, but point taken.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Sorry I thought I was big and cool by adding on the flame that OP created but in reality I was just being a sheep by piling on and lacking empathy and lacking a mind of my own

Thanks for the check, I needed it

All good, I was more confused than anything and came in a bit heavy. Keep looking out for kucherov to grab my collar.

Reactions: Coffees

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
It's significantly easier to do this when there isn't any tangible consequence, because of course giving up an 8 min powerplay in the preseason isn't actually a consequence.
True. That’s a whole other issue. Pre season is too much and should be a warm up. Not a “show the coach what you can do” for fringe players

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Your points have some merit.

But you also have a 20 yo player trying to break into the league.

If he doesn't do it in preseason, when does he prove to the coaching staff what he's willing to do?
And on the other side you have a 20 yo trying to break into the league and not get sent to Syracuse.

Kucherov tried to set a tone that Hedman is off limits, even in a meaningless preseason game - superstar and new Captain (for a team having a Captain change previously 11 years ago). Geekie was trying to make a statement he was ready this season to back teammates at NHL level and doesn't need more seasoning in the AHL.

Both were handed out penalties for their efforts and Florida got the PP time. End of story.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So every time a team mate gets hit someone has to go after the other player,

just in case it was a dirty hit?

are you f***ing serious right now?

100% embarrassing, pathetic, especially from a player with a history of dirty hits.
It’s pre-season. It doesn’t count so yeah, if an AHL put a hard hit on an NHL star there will be a reaction.

If this happens in the season, it’s a totally different reaction, especially from Geekie

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Are we seeing the Tampa core aging out? Older guys getting slower and getting embarrassed by younger guys. That core had a great run but it sure looks over. Playoffs? Doubtful.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I'll preface with: it was a clean hit. And Hedman is a big boy. And he got up less than a second later.

Kucherov handled it (if at all it needed to be handled)

But Geekie's response was goonery, no matter which way you slice it.

Reactions: RogerRogerr

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Just saw the clip. Super clean hit. It's like today's athletes forgot it's a full contact sport. Hitting is part of the game. Those are the types of hits we want to see. Major overreaction by Kucherov.

Reactions: Fatass

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
It's kinda shocking how many people in this thread seemingly can't seem to grasp that pre-season is absolutely meaningless and All-Stars in the league don't want to be on the receiving end of dangerous hits, clean or not. And their teammates aren't just going to go "wow, nice clean hit kid" and pat you on the back if you do something like this.

Hell, we've seen numerous fights break out in practices/scrimmages over things like this between the guys who were supposed to be teammates. Nobody is sending the tape to the video room to see if it was clean or not.
Oh they grasp it just fine They just don’t like Tampa/Kucherov so they’re more willing to overreact. It’s nothing new.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
To those talking about camera angles and on ice vantage points in Kuch's defence...Kuch didn't need multiple camera angles to see Hedman get up immediately and want to get back in the play BEFORE his dickery.

Hedman got up faster than Kuch's brain could process what he saw.

So yes....he should be embarrassed.
There is a difference between "defending" and saying we don't know what he saw, or didn't see. And seeing someone getting up doesn't mean it wasn't dirty, just that it didn't take him out.

Mar 12, 2009
Before Hedman he also threw a hit on Kucherov, even twice if i'm not mistaken. Just some AHL thug trying to show off but since he can't score or make an assist the only thing left to do is attack the star players. Of course Tampa doesn't like that because it could end in injury before the season even starts. Anyway, he was literally the only guy on the ice doing it but he stopped after Geekie beat the crap out of him.
What exactly is the problem, I don't quite understand?
You seem to want players of a certain calibre to be treated with children's gloves lol. He's a "thug" for throwing a clean hit, and the absolute tantrum Kuch throws (we all know he can't control his temper) is good and normal. I don't understand exactly which Clown College you guys went to.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
If established players don't want to get hit in "meaningless" preseason games, they should sit them out. For some of these other players, these games are meaningful and they need to show something, throwing clean hits helps their cause.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
You'd think its a different sport reading the absolute outrage some of these posters have from sheer animalistic physicality between grown men on the ice.

You guys know this is hockey right?

Mar 12, 2009
it's funny the type of guy that used to complain to no end over guys having to fight after clean hits, are now the same type of guy defending multiple dirty plays on a guy who landed a clean hit.

I think there's a significant portion of this board that, regardless of what has happened, see's someone complaining about something and automatically, like a reflex, decide to defend whatever is being criticized. Pathological contrarians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad