Light the Lamp GMC '15 -Start of 2018-2019 regular season - (Post in PART 7!) Part 6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
Also want to make it clear that Logan Couture belongs to San Jose and is OFF LIMITS during free agency. If you send him an offer you'll be kicked

Brianpipz

Feb 27, 2014
Listening to offers on:
Mike Richards (can be had cheap) 87ovr C 33yrs
Alexander Ovechkin 92 ovr LW 32yrs
Trevor Daley 85ovr D 34yrs
Matt Carle 83ovr D 33yrs

Last edited:

CUMMINS

Mar 21, 2013
:hawks done with resign

Still actively seeking offers on ANYBODY on my roster

Looking to unload a big gun or two to create more depth throughout.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
OTB for Ottawa

(Rhd) Jamie McBain [82] TWD (30YO) ☆☆☆☆★ 1yr/2.95M
(Lhd) Tim Erixon [80] TWD (27YO) ☆☆☆☆★ 1yr/1.995M

Available are:
(Rhd) Matt Read [83] SNP (32YO) ☆☆☆½ 1yr/2.525M
(Lw) Matt Puempel [80] SNP (25YO) ★★★★ 1yr/725K
(Lhd) Martin Geertsen [78] DFD (23YO) ★★★★★ 1yr/725K

Started/restarted taking offers on (all or none could move):
(C) Evgeny Kuznetsov [86] SNP (26YO) ★★★★½ 3yrs/4.2M
Alexander Nedeljkovic [85] HYB (22YO) ★★★★ 1yr/850K
(Rhd) Cody Ceci [84] TWD (24YO) ★★★★½ 3yrs/2.675M
(C) Nic Petan [78] PLY (23YO) ★★★★ 2yrs/750K
A few prospects

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oleksiak is open to offersheets/trade for his RFA rights.

His salary value is 4 million, haven't decided if I want to pay him that since he's always been on my 3rd pairing. He is a monster, huge, and fast though.

If someone offersheets him less than 4 million I'm 100% taking it though.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
Off-season Sim Schedule
In-game|Sim date
Re-sign 1 | 3/6 11 pm Re-sign 2 | 3/7 11 pm Re-sign 3 | 3/8 12 pm
Re-sign 4|3/8 6 pm
F/A 1|3/9 8 pm est
F/A 2|3/10 8 pm est

Last edited:

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
:sabres :edmonton :panthers :rangers :jets :cbj

Advanced. These teams have until the start of the regular season to either contact me or send a join request, otherwise your team will become available.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
So at 6pm est tonight were in free agency?

yeah, trades will also be available then as well.

Here is a reference for you and everyone else on the F/A rules

Offseason/Trading
1|No sign-and-trades through Free Agency. Anyone 83+ overall or 3.5 star potential or higher will have a NTC until the Trade Deadline.
2|No trading with CPU teams.
3|Any 83+ player in Free Agency must be signed to a 2 year deal minimum. Once the season starts, you may sign for any length.
4|You cannot back out of a deal once you confirm it (post in the thread)
5|All trades will be reviewed by Hooterz and Oswalt. If a trade is deemed unfair, it will be vetoed.
6|If a player disappears during the season, contact me. That player will be re-signed during Free Agency by his respective team. That user has 2 F/A periods to sign him.
7|All new members must wait 2 sim periods before trading.

Logan couture disappeared for San Jose and is off limits

Also guys, I am sorry but I just realized I was scheduled to close on Tuesday at work. So the 6 pm sim isn't going to happen on Tuesday. It will either have to be an earlier sim like 10 am, or I can sim when I am home at 8 pm est.

l Bruins l

Jan 13, 2014
Brockton MA
I have 2 young goalies, 20 yrs old, both 77 overall, one is 4*Y, other is 4.5*R. Looking to move one of them in a pavkage for a top 6 fwd, any position, or a solid top 4 LHD. I also have several other prospects with potential, and plenty of cap room.

Jibby95

Mar 22, 2011
:sabres :edmonton :panthers :rangers :jets :cbj

Advanced. These teams have until the start of the regular season to either contact me or send a join request, otherwise your team will become available.

:sabres

I posted earlier that id be away for this weekend . I'll be back late Sunday night . At the time I left we were at a spot in the playoffs where I thought id be ok to leave and when I came back it would be like just the start of resigns. Appears that isn't the case. I'll do my best to get on before we advance to FA but if not I suppose I'll be losing quite a few players

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Why do you kick inactive GM's that don't sign their players? It's alright if you're away and you can't get online, but if a GM is inactive, it's his fault. If you didn't kick inactive GM's, free agency would be better for us and the inactive GM's would get punished. I'm not trying to start another huge argument here, just making a suggestion.

l Bruins l

Jan 13, 2014
Brockton MA
Why do you kick inactive GM's that don't sign their players? It's alright if you're away and you can't get online, but if a GM is inactive, it's his fault. If you didn't kick inactive GM's, free agency would be better for us and the inactive GM's would get punished. I'm not trying to start another huge argument here, just making a suggestion.
I used to think the same, but then we would have trouble filling the teams back in cause no one would want them. Its better to just boot inactive gms, and get a new gm in with a serviceable team.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
I used to think the same, but then we would have trouble filling the teams back in cause no one would want them. Its better to just boot inactive gms, and get a new gm in with a serviceable team.

Good point, I didn't think about that.

DustersAnonymous

Let the Larsson Play
Apr 26, 2013
New Jersey

Although it's not much, there is a bit of punishment in the CPU signing the contracts as typically they overpay the players. A team with quite a few high value players could be in cap trouble within a season or two after having a CPU do it's signings.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio

Yeah, it just ruins a team and they lose all their RFA/UFA for that year. There isn't much of a way to keep the F/A pool open. The one reason, while lots will disagree, that I don't like to do pre-draft is because UFAs just get traded for a pick or whatever. Teams will take whatever they can get. If they really wanted that player they'd make sure they had space to sign them. If the team doesn't get to trade that guy for a pick, they'll go to Free Agency. There will never be really high quality players out there, but it opens up a few more 83 overall or so players to be available in F/A.

Brianpipz

Feb 27, 2014
Trade to Announce:
:stars Receive:
C.Tierney (C) 80 ovr 3.5Y 23yrs
San Jose 1st 2019

:sharks Receive:
Mike Richards (C) 87ovr 4W 34yrs

Anyone interested in Ovi let me know, not looking for anything outrageous!

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
:sabres

I posted earlier that id be away for this weekend . I'll be back late Sunday night . At the time I left we were at a spot in the playoffs where I thought id be ok to leave and when I came back it would be like just the start of resigns. Appears that isn't the case. I'll do my best to get on before we advance to FA but if not I suppose I'll be losing quite a few players

Yeah, you may want to talk trades a bit more. You have like 4.4m cap space and Zadorov and McDavid are unsigned. Though you did have a trade where you got rid of ennis right? That'll be a couple mil off the books. And yeah to clarify, McDavid and Zadorov will be off limits at start of F/A.

Last edited:

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
McDavid and Zadorov should be off limit IMO as Buffalo warned the league about his absence, couldn't predict the early playoff advance and even attempted a cap space clearing move before leaving.

Edit: Nvm, just saw ^

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
I really think pre-draft trades should take place. Even for just a few hours instead of the usual 24h. Contending teams load up at the trade deadline and can use that time to swap players rights for picks/prospects. While non-playoff/early exit teams can revamp their roster then. It's the only chance to make move, trade up/down in the draft, take advantage of teams in tough cap position before free agency. Plus, there are bound to be blockbuster trades (as shown by the years we had it or were supposed to have it) if picks can be traded right at draft along with players or on their own.

We had it before and it was nice. I don't think it's worth it to skip the whole thing and be unable to make a move from march 5th to july 1st just to have Michael Neuvirth or a Troy Brouwer make it to free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad