Prospect Info: Liam Ohgren LW, 19th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I thin k that we are underestimating how difficult it is to have a career like MoJo's, which has been long and relatively distinguished. At the age of 20, Ohgran had 2 pts. MJ, 27. Age 21, MJ 46 pts. Ohgren isn't even a sure thing to make the team.
Agree on this point and very much prepared for him to go to Iowa. I'm in the position that the NHL isn't a great place to develop offensive skills - its a place to polish the rough edges and become efficient within a team system. So while he could play on the 4th line, it'll also be nice to play top line minutes in the AHL to get some goal scoring experience.

But I'm more arguing that stylistically, they are very distinct. One's a speedy one-dimensional player,, the other is a slower but stronger powerforward with a shot first mentality and play in the dirty areas.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I disagree with the overstatement. I think the differences in their game make distinctively players than the skating styles make by similar. And both being Swedish.

They are both straight-line skaters, sure. But Ohgren is much stronger, plays a power game, is noticeable strong along the boards, willing to set up in front of the net, will shoot from any angle, has a very powerful shot. Can play both PP and PK.

All the things MoJo can't do.
Their playstyles are obviously completely different, but they both have a hunched over style of skating that is similar. Doesn’t need to be more complicated than that. People on this board have been saying that for years

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Their playstyles are obviously completely different, but they both have a hunched over style of skating that is similar. Doesn’t need to be more complicated than that. People on this board have been saying that for years
Oh I agree with this 100%. I think it's a simple as similar skating and Swedish. That's as far and as complicated the comparable goes.

Reactions: MNRube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad