Confirmed with Link: Levshunov signs ELC

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Korch should be getting top pair minutes in Rockford, unless you're playing the top 2 pairs basically evenly.

I can't have Levshunov and Korchinski on the same pair. Both should be tilting the ice, but you can't have both Dmen chasing offense. Each guy plays with a stable stay-at-home D. That top-4 would play pretty evenly. Then I'd have both Lev and Korchinski on PP1.

Reactions: Idionym

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Nightingale and Michigan State will be closely watching.

“It’s exciting,” Nightingale said of Levshunov turning pro. “We’re excited to follow him. I know he’ll do a great job. He’s a great teammate. Obviously, my younger brother (Jared) worked with the organization, he’s not there anymore, but I know Chicago does a great job and he’s in great hands.”

Do our HF Rockford followers know if Jared Nightingale handled defensemen the past several years? He has moved on to the ECHL.

2021-22
6.png
Flint Firebirds
OHLAsst. Coach
6.png
Rockford IceHogs
AHLAsst. CoachHired November 16, 2021.
2022-23
6.png
Rockford IceHogs
AHLAsst. Coach
2023-24
6.png
Rockford IceHogs
AHLAsst. Coach
2024-25
6.png
South Carolina Stingrays
ECHLHead Coach
6.png
South Carolina Stingrays
ECHLDir. of Hockey Operations

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Bedard will remain the most important thing to follow, but Rockford's defense feels like something outside of him now to truly invest in that the org has control over.

Reactions: Muffinalt

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Why is Korchinski in the Ahl? That’s just a dumb idea.
Because he couldn't play there in his rookie year and some seasoning with big minutes in the A would be beneficial to his development. While not completely out of his depth in the NHL, at times he looked like he struggled (losing his father mid-season, likely didn't help either). There is no need to rush and the great improvement of Vlasic after having spent a year in the AHL is also a reason to take their time.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
-39 is #1reason he is in the AHL..clearly not ready for The Show.

The NHL is no place to especialky for a D-man to learn on the job...unless you have other option or wish to tank.

Hawks no longer want to Tank...Best place for hom to develop is in Rockford..if he proves he can excel ,he wil be calked up with any injury to starting 6 D of the Hawks.. If hecstill struggles at that level,he will stay put and a different Hawks D will be called up.

Rockford should be a contender to win thexAHL Championship.

Last edited:

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I don’t see it that way at all

So how do you see it because by basically any metric you want to cite he was one of the worst D in the league last year.

Yeah, he was young. Young enough to have had better options than getting caved in with the Hawks every night.

Reactions: belfour30

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So how do you see it because by basically any metric you want to cite he was one of the worst D in the league last year.

Yeah, he was young. Young enough to have had better options than getting caved in with the Hawks every night.
Young and playing with terrible partners doesn’t help. He’s a nhl dman to me plain and simple.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Young and playing with terrible partners doesn’t help. He’s a nhl dman to me plain and simple.

How is he an NHL D? What does he do, right now, that makes him an NHL D? Does he defend well? No. Does he transition well? No. Is he running a PP? No.

Amongst the D, his xGF% was 7th worst on the Hawks. His actual GF% was 7th worst on the Hawks. He only had 15 points for the season and from January on he had 6 points in 44 games. That production is from a player drafted for his offensive and transition game.

Again, this is not a shit on Korchinski thing. I like him as a prospect and I see the potential. That doesn't make him an NHL player right now and you shouldn't be trying to develop kids in the NHL. It doesn't work.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Korchinski can hold his own in the NHL right now and I think his ugly metrics would be cleaned up with more experience and a better team around him, but if you want him to thrive in the future letting him play a season with Rockford seems like the right move. Think of it less as a mark on his performance last year and more of a course correction. He took his NHL lumps prematurely because he couldn't go to the AHL, now he can go to Rockford to play big minutes in all situations and remember what it's like to control play instead of just treading water.

Reactions: clydesdale line

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Who knows if KK will be sent down or not. There looks to only be two spots on D available this year and it's a competition between him, Edmonton, Kaiser, and Phillips (maybe also Allan) for those two spots.

Big thing is no matter who of those guys is in Rockford, Lev will have plenty of help and will assuredly have a good partner.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Korchinski can hold his own in the NHL right now and I think his ugly metrics would be cleaned up with more experience and a better team around him, but if you want him to thrive in the future letting him play a season with Rockford seems like the right move. Think of it less as a mark on his performance last year and more of a course correction. He took his NHL lumps prematurely because he couldn't go to the AHL, now he can go to Rockford to play big minutes in all situations and remember what it's like to control play instead of just treading water.
Thats all he can do. He keeps his head above water and nothing more. This will get to his head and confidence.

Ideally he starts in Rockford and if he proves to be ready leading their D he gets the call.

I dont think he can keep up with the NHL and improve.

Like you said, its best for him to go down and play in all situations

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
It’s possible Korchinski hangs into an NHL roster spot out of camp but at least he will have to earn it. Very glad the front office signed some vets to force those not ready to marinate in Rockford.

Reactions: wladyslaw

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
The GM laid out his blue print for prospects.

“I really admire, they’re in a different situation than us, but I really admire the development path that Dallas took with Thomas Harley and a Logan Stankoven,” Davidson said. “That’s more of the situation that we’d like to follow, rather than put them in and hope that it works out throughout the year. It can work for two weeks, a month, like we saw with even Wyatt (Kaiser) last year, good out of the gates".

Harley(D)- 2019 draft, 18th OA. D+1 year in the OHL with D+2 year in the AHL(OHL interrupted by covid). D+3 split between the AHL and NHL and most of D+4 in the AHL. D+5 a regular in the NHL. Different league paths but the time line matches with Vlasic.

Stankoven(RW)- 2021 draft, 47th OA. D+1 and D+2 years in the WHL. D+3 year with 2/3rds of the regular season in the AHL. Nazar?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
How does this effect the ELC slide option with Levshunov?..if one exists intthis situation?

Optimally we would prefer a 2 year separation between the Bedard extention and theLev extention....the only reasonable hisxagevthatvhe goes to theAHL is that he wasn't drafted from juniors and so the usual out tovskidexanEKC is removed because he is not going back to any junior team..

But is the ELC slide option still available if he plays less than 10 NHL games this season,OR does playing pro int he AHL prevent any NHL ELC slide for any 18b or 19 year old allowed to play in the AHL?

If the slide option not there then Hawks could bring him up by 2nd half to play more than 10 games if he proves too good for the AHL...but if the slide option can be used then obviously Hawks would prrefer using it ...
..so hold him to less than 10 NHL games ...

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Because he's not an NHL Dman right now.
He was an NHL dman last year in chicago cause there were not many other options and the NCAA/AHL nuances. It is possible he makes the hawks this year, but it is possible that he gets more seasoning in the AHL

whatever is best for his trajectory

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
How does this effect the ELC slide option with Levshunov?..if one exists intthis situation?

Optimally we would prefer a 2 year separation between the Bedard extention and theLev extention....the only reasonable hisxagevthatvhe goes to theAHL is that he wasn't drafted from juniors and so the usual out tovskidexanEKC is removed because he is not going back to any junior team..

But is the ELC slide option still available if he plays less than 10 NHL games this season,OR does playing pro int he AHL prevent any NHL ELC slide for any 18b or 19 year old allowed to play in the AHL?

If the slide option not there then Hawks could bring him up by 2nd half to play more than 10 games if he proves too good for the AHL...but if the slide option can be used then obviously Hawks would prrefer using it ...
..so hold him to less than 10 NHL games ...
Yes, he'll still slide. Same scenario as Simon Nemec who played in the AHL in 2022-23. Simon Nemec Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad