OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
@Ozymandias - Guessing you watched the last episode of She-Hulk by now? We talked about this last thread, but i don’t think this is the same DD as the Netflix show. I guess we’ll know for certain in Born Again as IIRC, the Kingpin knew his identity in the prior show.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I just watched 2 episodes of La Brea (Peacock)! that were pure sh*t!
Like one of those SyFy movies from 2010-2015 with really bad CGI. The Dire Wolves and the Sabretooths look ridiculous.
I lit up a joint and had a laugh at how cheaply they looked.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
"Some viewers might find this content disturbing...especially those who are easily disturbed by exploding brain matter."

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, that was some splattering and the matter was on a bystanders face as they showed him up-close for a prolonged conversation.

The Good Fight is what I'm talking about. Still good, still very crafty writing. Doesn't matter that the actor carousel keeps spinning quicker and quicker - the show is good plenty still.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Almost done with Ozark. About halfway through the final season. I’m already feeling kinda bummed out that this is it. Easily one of the most enjoyable shows I’ve watched thus far.

Watched Werewolf By Night as well. It was ok… sorta over-hyped in my opinion, but definitely a departure from the typical MCU fare. However, good to see Marvel going full on supernatural now. Will be interesting if they can somehow meld this well with their superheroes.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
My Netflix account of maybe 10+ years is really dialed in with its suggestions.

No movies. Ever. Just TV.

75% is European stuff and the rest are NA productions.

It never changes.

Hoever, magik did occur. For the last 2 weeks or so I and being forcefed Mark Wahlberg and sll of his "best" works. 4,5,6,7,8 Marky Mark suggestions on the front page. Wow, I never knew I loved him this much.

The irony is. I only saw 2 movies with him - The Departed and I think a horrible creation known as Max Payne. Neither on Netflix. I do not search for him, I do not re-play his "best of" clips on the service. I have nothing to do with Mark Wahlberg.

I really thought this was a prank, but no it is not. It's a personal account (no shared credentials or multiple profiles) and viewing activity looks legit.

Is it because he's the best actor that has ever lived guys and I shouldn't have been ignoring him for as long as I did. Always was more of a Danny guy. :sarcasm:

Almost done with Ozark. About halfway through the final season. I’m already feeling kinda bummed out that this is it. Easily one of the most enjoyable shows I’ve watched thus far.

Watched Werewolf By Night as well. It was ok… sorta over-hyped in my opinion, but definitely a departure from the typical MCU fare. However, good to see Marvel going full on supernatural now. Will be interesting if they can somehow meld this well with their superheroes.
It's a top tier show, few a better. The ending few EPs did give away rushed nature of theirs. It was just too much too quick.

Still, a superb show.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Wow, Halloween Ends is badddddd

Nimot sure why I was expecting anything decent but “doux jesus……” fred vs jason makes more sense compared to this movie

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I am watching Breaking Bad for the 3rd time and I am at the end of season 2 .
This is the best show ever made and the more you watch it the better it gets.
And no wonder Saul Goodman gets his on TV series.

Reactions: Redux91

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I am watching Breaking Bad for the 3rd time and I am at the end of season 2 .
This is the best show ever made and the more you watch it the better it gets.
And no wonder Saul Goodman gets his on TV series.
Just recently finished my 2nd watch, I didn’t think it would be as good the second time because it was so suspenseful the first time

It totally holds up and, like you said, gets better with age

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One of my favorite shows from last year, The White Lotus, will soon see its Season 2 drop on October 30th, on HBO.

Some of the cast is returning and there are intriguing additions in Aubrey Plaza and Michael Imperioli, and this time, it’ll take place in Sicily. It promises to be outrageous.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
My Netflix account of maybe 10+ years is really dialed in with its suggestions.

No movies. Ever. Just TV.

75% is European stuff and the rest are NA productions.

It never changes.

Hoever, magik did occur. For the last 2 weeks or so I and being forcefed Mark Wahlberg and sll of his "best" works. 4,5,6,7,8 Marky Mark suggestions on the front page. Wow, I never knew I loved him this much.

The irony is. I only saw 2 movies with him - The Departed and I think a horrible creation known as Max Payne. Neither on Netflix. I do not search for him, I do not re-play his "best of" clips on the service. I have nothing to do with Mark Wahlberg.

I really thought this was a prank, but no it is not. It's a personal account (no shared credentials or multiple profiles) and viewing activity looks legit.

Is it because he's the best actor that has ever lived guys and I shouldn't have been ignoring him for as long as I did. Always was more of a Danny guy. :sarcasm:

It's a top tier show, few a better. The ending few EPs did give away rushed nature of theirs. It was just too much too quick.

Still, a superb show.
The Other Guys with Wahlberg and Ferrell is surprisingly good

Reactions: GoodKiwi and Deebs

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Netflix has been on fire dropping good looking EU limited/mini series. Can't keep up, perhaps not until next year will I have a chance to watch some of it. Notre Dame is in (recently I believe). It's a little bit of a casual fan grab, sure, but the French have something to their stuff. Can't quite point it out, but it's something of a "we don't give a flying f*** about you or your opinion" feeling in all aspects - from writing to acting and technical execution. I haven't seen many French series so far, so it's fresh to me.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Netflix has been on fire dropping good looking EU limited/mini series. Can't keep up, perhaps not until next year will I have a chance to watch some of it. Notre Dame is in (recently I believe). It's a little bit of a casual fan grab, sure, but the French have something to their stuff. Can't quite point it out, but it's something of a "we don't give a flying f*** about you or your opinion" feeling in all aspects - from writing to acting and technical execution. I haven't seen many French series so far, so it's fresh to me.
If you want to watch a good French "romantic comedy" that will feel completely different than the Hollywood version of the same genre watch Rust and Bone. It's available on Amazon Prime.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

To be honest, I think it overran for a season or two. Really doesn't make sense for the Byrdes to have survived this long. The cartel does not care about you, your feelings, your friends, your cousins, your wife or your kids.
Based on all the documentaries I've watched, they will kill anybody and everybody the moment you step out of line.
In real life, the Byrdes die by season 2....maybe 3 max. And Ruth survives about 1 minute.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
To be honest, I think it overran for a season or two. Really doesn't make sense for the Byrdes to have survived this long. The cartel does not care about you, your feelings, your friends, your cousins, your wife or your kids.
Based on all the documentaries I've watched, they will kill anybody and everybody the moment you step out of line.
In real life, the Byrdes die by season 2....maybe 3 max. And Ruth survives about 1 minute.
The show ran for four seasons. S3 was its strongest IMO and it'd suck to have it removed.

We can apply this framing to just about any crime drama. For example, Walter crashes the RV because he can't see well and dirt road is tough to speed on. He dies instantly from a broken neck. :laugh:

Jesse lives on but only as an addict eventually forgotten by everyone. :sarcasm:

It's not the worst show ever, but wanna talk improbable Breaking Bad is it. Those two gooses are cooked in days.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The show ran for four seasons. S3 was its strongest IMO and it'd suck to have it removed.

We can apply this framing to just about any crime drama. For example, Walter crashes the RV because he can't see well and dirt road is tough to speed on. He dies instantly from a broken neck. :laugh:

Jesse lives on but only as an addict eventually forgotten by everyone. :sarcasm:

It's not the worst show ever, but wanna talk improbable Breaking Bad is it. Those two gooses are cooked in days.
Sure, technically it was 4 seasons but the last one was split in two with more than a year apart, each containing 7 episodes...so it's kinda like 5 seasons.
I think BB was better written though, as unlikely it was to happen, there is something to be said about Walter being the only human with this unique formula. People surviving crazy car crashes isn't uncommon, it's not really the same thing.
I'm not talking about this though, in terms of story line it didn't veer off.
The Ozarks seemed to be going around in circles with Marty Byrde being given a last chance like what feels to be 20x. Wendy just dictating how things are going to go for both the cartel and the FBI..meh.

All that family does is provide a way in for the cartel and money laundering. There will be no shortage of these possibilities for the cartel. It isn't the same as BB where nobody can compete with Walter's product.

I don't think they overran BB, they ended it at the right time. I think they did overrun the Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, even Game of Thrones, but not BB.
Btw, not saying the Ozarks was bad, still enjoyed it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Whatd the difference between this and just searching
Exactly why I asked. Are we getting access to more content? Or just a more refined way of getting to content?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad