OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Omg, I just started The Hunters on Amazon prime.

Why isnt this more talked about? Im on episode 4 right now and it's freaking amazing. Better than the Boys if you ask me.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Man people can say what they want but it doesn't look like Rudy was tucking his shirt in at all to me. Weird way to do it for sure.

Come on, SBC said it himself, all Rudy did was reach into his briefs, hoping to find a subpoena to whip out.

Reactions: dinodebino

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Man people can say what they want but it doesn't look like Rudy was tucking his shirt in at all to me. Weird way to do it for sure.
I wish they would have waited 5 more second before popping in... is hand seem to linger and he jump pretty high when Borat crash in... but that could be normal even if I don’t think it was...

Reactions: Runner77

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Borat 2: 6.5/10 not very good and not very funny either. Even the Giuliani scene was nothing special to me.

The first Borat and Bruno were way funnier especially the UFC scene at the end of Bruno had me in tears laughing. I tried to Watch Who Is America? but i quit after 1 or 2 episodes. Either Baron Cohen has lost his touch or i have outgrown his style of comedy.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Borat 2: 6.5/10 not very good and not very funny either. Even the Giuliani scene was nothing special to me.

The first Borat and Bruno were way funnier especially the UFC scene at the end of Bruno had me in tears laughing. I tried to Watch Who Is America? but i quit after 1 or 2 episodes. Either Baron Cohen has lost his touch or i have outgrown his style of comedy.
I agree, watched Borat yesterday and it was not good at all, I actually found it to be quite boring.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There were a few funny bits, but was mostly boring and even cringy at times.

My favorite SBC film remains, by far, The Dictator.
I have not seen the Dictator but the new Borat, I don't know, it's like he tried to do the same movie the second time around with a sidekick. It just didn't work for me. I am now watching Billy Bob Thornton's Goliath on Prime, I think it was done in 2016, so far I like it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I have not seen the Dictator but the new Borat, I don't know, it's like he tried to do the same movie the second time around with a sidekick. It just didn't work for me. I am now watching Billy Bob Thornton's Goliath on Prime, I think it was done in 2016, so far I like it.

You should. Aside from his usual cringy comedy, it has a lot of social comments.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Watched SLUGS the other day. Fantastic B-Movie horror film with ridiculous acting, a hilarious plot, and all the 80's cheese you could want.

The trailer is full of spoilers but let's be honest - that's not why we watch these! Also open to any recommendations for similar movies!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I liked Goliath too. Thornton is right into his element.

Saw the first two seasons a while back. I’ll need to catch up on S3.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I added it to my watchlist a few weeks ago. How does it compare with other notable law shows?

If you’ve liked Thornton’s irreverent persona, I suspect you’re likely to enjoy it. I liked S1 more than S2 but Thornton did enough for me to keep watching.

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad