OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Big fan of Edge of Tomorrow. It’s a movie I can watch multiple times.
Yes, I completely agree.

I don't typically like sci-fi, but Edge of Tomorrow is one film I could watch over and over. This might be my 10th or so viewing of it.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Tiger King : 7.8/10 good documentary serie about crazy big cats owners. Sex, drugs and country music !

Kingdom season 2: 7.5/10 Good season

Money heist season 4: 7.3/10 Still entertaining despite the needed suspension of disbelief.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Watching Looming Tower. Although HIGHLY dramatized, I liked the first two episodes, as they depicted a pretty realistic view of the 'other side' of the intelligence world.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
What is it about and which streaming service if any, is showing it?

HBO show

Based on the movie of the same name based on the great novel by Micheal Crichton ( also wrote Jurassic Park. basically the king of theme park disasters lol) about a Western themed attraction park with special robot NPC's roaming around that you can pretty much do anything to, including murder and rape

Well, some of the robots have had enough lol.

But whats truly great about the show is how deep they go morally and existentially , some robots you cheer for, others not so much lol.... but then it also becomes...whos a robot..and who isnt?

Anthony Hopkins, Jeffrey Wright and Evan Rachel wood are all great, and Ed Harris is just loads of fun as a mystery character

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Disney + has reached 50 million subscriptions. I guess these guys launched at the right time, it was Walt's masterplan all along!!! now he can defroze and become President of the World. aha ahha hahaha!!!!

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watched the first episode of Longmire and I'll keep watching for a bit.

Does every central male character in a police procedural have do have some deep sadness/darkness from their past? It's really overdone at this point.

Does every cop who makes tough judgment calls need to be threatened with the removal of his badge?

There are a ton of these and they keep getting recycled.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know a decent one called Heist. With Gene Hackman, Danny de Vito and Sam Rockwell. I haven't seen it for a long time but I remember thinking that as heist films come and go, this one is decent.

Gene Hackman was highly respected by his peers. Always liked his acting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What is it about and which streaming service if any, is showing it?

I've seen film threads on some other forums and they always mention where someone saw a film or series that they are reviewing.

There are so many streaming services now and not all of us are subscribed to them, so would be great if people just mentioned where they saw what they are hawking.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Does every cop who makes tough judgment calls need to be threatened with the removal of his badge?

There are a ton of these and they keep getting recycled.

48 Hours was a great one for a cop not playing by the rules.

I swear every second episode of NYPD. Lue involved Sipowicz complaining that IAD “is jamming me up!!!”

I’ve played some golf with a senior internal affairs investigator for a large force. He doesn’t say much about work but like most things it’s much more tedious than TV and movies.

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Watching Looming Tower. Although HIGHLY dramatized, I liked the first two episodes, as they depicted a pretty realistic view of the 'other side' of the intelligence world.

I watched The Looming Tower when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of these FBI and CIA type TV shows though.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I watched The Looming Tower when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of these FBI and CIA type TV shows though.

Where is it playing? Where is anything playing?

Google is not reliable. It said that Edge of Tomorrow was available on Netflix in several links. Well it’s not. :banghead:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Have you watched The Americans? If so would you recommend any other spy type shows?

I loved The Americans, what a treat that show. Could have watched several other seasons had they continued it. What a mood it set, the tension was palpable.

Actually, I’d watch it again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watching Westworld, S3, episode 1. I can't get into it.

Reminds me a lot of why I bailed in Season 2.

I knew I was in trouble when I had to rewind several parts of the episode before I even finished it. It’s plastic and cold, can’t get myself to care for any of the characters or the supposed story.

Why don’t they just bomb the whole set so maybe I’ll feel bad but at least I’ll have experienced an emotion of some sort. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Have you watched The Americans? If so would you recommend any other spy type shows?

Yes and I enjoyed it very much. One of my favorite shows ever. Since the COVID-19 thing started I've re-watched The Sopranos, Band of Brothers and I'm currently re-watching The Pacific. I think I'll re-watch Banshee and maybe Justified after I finish The Pacific.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I loved The Americans, what a treat that show. Could have watched several other seasons had they continued it. What a mood it set, the tension was palpable.

Actually, I’d watch it again.

Funny there was a marathon on FX about a month ago and I watched some. I loved the show but just not inspired to do a rewatch like I could with Sopranos and have with Breaking Bad. It’s not that I don’t think it measures up, but I think a lot of the tension is lessened and it just doesn’t quite feel the same.

Still an all time favourite.

Watched the first episode of Tin Star. I think I need a break from cop stuff.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Yes and I enjoyed it very much. One of my favorite shows ever. Since the COVID-19 thing started I've re-watched The Sopranos, Band of Brothers and I'm currently re-watching The Pacific. I think I'll re-watch Banshee and maybe Justified after I finish The Pacific.

Band of Brothers may be my favourite television show/mini-series of all-time. It was so well done.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it I, obviously, highly recommend it, especially if you liked Saving Private Ryan.

It’s on Crave/HBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad