Pre-Game Talk: Lets Light This Candle. Edmonton v Winnipeg, Wednesday 8 PM.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
This is you right?

Nice gotcha

Meanwhile every other thing you post is unreadable toxic sludge

Edit: regardless, the unending nearly universal hype for Jackson could use a bit of critique. J Brown signing aged like milk on a hot summer day. I don't think he deserves criticism for the offer sheets and he otherwise did a good (if slightly overrated) job of Day 1 free agency. There have been some promising organizational hires but plenty of story to be told to see whether these will be positive, negative, or mixed bag hires.

In any case, I suppose it's not as challenging as making galaxy brained "Fire (Insert GM here)" threads every season when most of the fanbase already hates the GM. So stunning and brave.

Last edited:
Reactions: K1984

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Broberg and Holloway look absolute steals for St.Louis. Albeit its only 1 game. Both look like they've broken out.

Mean while were saddled with a perennial loser with no intensity for a decade over the age of 32 and demoted to the 3rd line, but we signed Dermott... 😄
Broberg for d was a team worst
34% corsi, 23%xGF. So par the course.
Holloway had a good night analytically being top 3 in most sta ya.

Reactions: oobga

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
View attachment 913617

Once again...

Broberg.

And Holloway.

Chose.

To sign.

The.

Offer.

Sheets.

Even if the cap room is there...how do you justify bringing back two players who willingly chose money over team????

This board...

WE.

LOWBALLED.

HOLLOWAY.

1M AAV IS NOT A REAL OFFER.

WE

DIDNT

EVEN
COMMUNICATE
WITH
HIS
AGENT
AFTER
THEY
PRESENTED
THE
OFFER
SHEET.

WE
ARE
THE
ASSHOLES

He wanted to be here, and we either did NOT value him as a player, OR we were insulted that he entertained the offer sheet. Thats it, thats the whole deal

get it?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nice gotcha

Meanwhile every other thing you post is unreadable toxic sludge

Edit: regardless, the unending nearly universal hype for Jackson could use a bit of critique. J Brown signing aged like milk on a hot summer day. I don't think he deserves criticism for the offer sheets and he otherwise did a good (if slightly overrated) job of Day 1 free agency. There have been some promising organizational hires but plenty of story to be told to see whether these will be positive, negative, or mixed bag hires.

In any case, I suppose it's not as challenging as making galaxy brained "Fire (Insert GM here)" threads every season when most of the fanbase already hates the GM. So stunning and brave.
looks like I touched a nerve.

bet you’ve got some mighty fine grass you could go touch outside

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
the Oilers f***ed up with Broberg and Holloway....from their development to the handling of their contracts
it would've been nice to have them in the line-up because they provide speed we simply don't have (and we are old and slow in the bottom 6) but their contracts are too high to fit under the cap

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
WE.

LOWBALLED.

HOLLOWAY.

WE

DIDNT

EVEN
COMMUNICATE
WITH
HIS
AGENT
AFTER
THEY
PRESENTED
THE
OFFER
SHEET.

WE
ARE
THE
ASSHOLES

He wanted to be here, and we either did NOT value him as a player, OR we were insulted that he entertained the offer sheet. Thats it, thats the whole deal

get it?
These guys don't get it.

Holloway flat out told Andy Strickland the offer was 3.1 over three years. So about a Mil a year over a three year term lol. That was enough to piss him off because it wasn't a serious offer with that term.

Yet the GM's here try to compare it to the Nick Robertson signing which was 900k for ONE year. Laughable.

Then they say, well no way was Holloway worth the offer sheet, failing to use any logic or understanding how they got there.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
WE.

LOWBALLED.

HOLLOWAY.

WE

DIDNT

EVEN
COMMUNICATE
WITH
HIS
AGENT
AFTER
THEY
PRESENTED
THE
OFFER
SHEET.

WE
ARE
THE
ASSHOLES

get it?
Did we lowball him?

Nick Robertson who had much better stats last year signed for like 900k.

Having to talk in capitals like that doesn’t help you get your point across by the way, just makes people laugh at you.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the Oilers f***ed up with Broberg and Holloway....from their development to the handling of their contracts
it would've been nice to have them in the line-up because they provide speed we simply don't have (and we are old and slow in the bottom 6) but their contracts are too high to fit under the cap
We could have had them for much less than their offer sheets.

Also all that aside, there were signs there that offer sheets were a threat. We should have traded them. It reeks of management not paying attention.

But I've been holding back on comments like these because it is time to move on.

I'd add for the posters who REALLY want us to shut up about it because what is done is done, that Broberg and Holloway doing well does vindicate management as much as it smears them. For years now I've been arguing that both players were great picks for us, and a lot of people were saying they were big draft misses. I am still interested in both players as their success makes me feel better about my stances on them, and also shows that our team actually drafts pretty well

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
These guys don't get it.

Holloway flat out told Andy Strickland the offer was 3.1 over three years. So about a Mil a year over a three year term lol. That was enough to piss him off because it wasn't a serious offer with that term.

Yet the GM's here try to compare it to the Nick Robertson signing which was 900k for ONE year. Laughable.

Then they say, well no way was Holloway worth the offer sheet, failing to use any logic or understanding how they got there.
Wasn’t it reported that the oilers tabled 3 offers with varying term?

Fail to see how 1M was a lowball for Holloway. I wanted to keep him and match the OS, but to act as if it was some major offensive lowball seems ridiculous.

Reactions: K1984

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I know it won't happen, but I'll politely ask anyhow, but any chance we can keep the constant Broberg/Holloway talk to that specific thread, or the OOT thread, gonna be a long year if we have to read the offer sheet regurgitation in every GDT.
It’s fucxking unreal. We’re about to watch McDavid paint his masterpiece in another cup contending year and people crying about a couple of guys who couldn’t stay in the lineup last year. Time to let it go.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s fucxking unreal. We’re about to watch McDavid paint his masterpiece in another cup contending year and people crying about a couple of guys who couldn’t stay in the lineup last year. Time to let it go.

The constant 180s people here are doing over these two should be studied in psychology schools.

Broberg went from a guy people would have been happy to get a 2nd for in a throw away deal all the way to some sort of key player on the basis of about 3 good games on the bottom pair in the playoffs.

Holloway is a band aid that played half a season (again), produced all of about Jack shit in the 38 games he did play, and had about 50/50 support at best to be in the opening playoff lineup. Then by virtue of losing him all of a sudden we’re dumb for not voluntarily overpaying him in advance.

Any deal for these two above about $1.5M AAV each would have been met with resounding screams from here, and justifiably so. Only when we lost them was it all of a sudden dumb that we didn’t just voluntarily overpay them before.

Captain hindsight and goal post moving at its absolute worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad