Pre-Game Talk: Lets Light This Candle. Edmonton v Winnipeg, Wednesday 8 PM.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
While I don't agree with Janmark long term in top 6, there are others that can learn from him.

Guy gives 100% when he's out there and does what is asked of him. He will continue to get the extra looks until others start playing and practicing the way he does

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1718967557995068.gif

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Ugh. We finally get two good wingers for Leon and, before even the first game of the season, we're back to putting junk on the second line again. SMH.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They could also swap RNH and Skinner. It's a simple fix that should improve both lines while actually giving Draisaitl what they promised in two top-six wingers.

I am wondering if they want some more pop in the 3rd line though. I do not mind them spreading the offence out. And again, Kane is a top 6 winger, he is just hurt right now. When he is back this is what the lines will look like more or less, 3 lines that can play both ends of the ice. And remember all that glorious cap space we will be accruing!

Reactions: cantthinkofone

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I am wondering if they want some more pop in the 3rd line though. I do not mind them spreading the offence out. And again, Kane is a top 6 winger, he is just hurt right now. When he is back this is what the lines will look like more or less, 3 lines that can play both ends of the ice. And remember all that glorious cap space we will be accruing!
I like the idea of spreading out the offence, but I also liked the Janmark-Henrique-Brown line as a shutdown line that excelled in the playoffs, so I didn't really want to disrupt that chemistry. I also don't think we have enough wingers to create three lines. Keeping Lavoie and having Kane healthy would/would have helped with that. I guess we'll see how it goes but I would expect more second line struggles to start the season.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Probably just a kick in the ass to Skinner to pick it up. If he doesn't work out here, he's likely gone at the trade deadline which would open up $3 mill in cap space to get someone else (more if the other team retains on whatever play is coming back our way).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Both Janmark and Skinner have looked bad in camp. But Janmark is established here. Strange preseason for Skinner and not impressing a new team.

That 4th line is just f***ing sad. I'll ask again why we even have preseason games if spots are all predetermined to vets. Would rather have any of Lavoie, Savoie, Philps in lineup. I love the commitment in Ryan but just retire already. Make way for guys with more energy to give.

That Henrique line might sizzle if it gets some weaker opposition matching.

Reactions: FlameChampion

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Both Janmark and Skinner have looked bad in camp. But Janmark is established here. Strange preseason for Skinner and not impressing a new team.

That 4th line is just f***ing sad. I'll ask again why we even have preseason games if spots are all predetermined to vets. Would rather have any of Lavoie, Savoie, Philps in lineup. I love the commitment in Ryan but just retire already. Make way for guys with more energy to give.

That Henrique line might sizzle if it gets some weaker opposition matching.

For all the shit they take, Ryan was good in the preseason, Perry scored a couple of goals too. If those young guys want guaranteed spots, play better. Plain and simple. Treading water and making the odd good play here and there doesn't get you a NHL spot over proven vets, you are there in preseason to knock people's socks off, so do it.

You should be playing those games like you've been shot out of a canon if you're one of those guys on the bubble.

Reactions: cantthinkofone

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Ugh. We finally get two good wingers for Leon and, before even the first game of the season, we're back to putting junk on the second line again. SMH.
Tell me you didn't watch a single minute of preseason without telling me. heh. The line was brutal, a GA nightmare, and Skinner was the worst forward on the team throughout preseason. I'm more than fine with the change but it should be somebody other than Janmark.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Tell me you didn't watch a single minute of preseason without telling me. heh. The line was brutal, a GA nightmare, and Skinner was the worst forward on the team throughout preseason. I'm more than fine with the change but it should be somebody other than Janmark.

Leon needs to make a line work without McDavid on it, if he can't do that this year, his status as a top 5 player is going to take a knock. Malkin won a Conn Smythe trophy with like Max Talbot as his winger?

It's time for the rubber to hit the road.

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
I like how coaching and management have no issues admitting if they're wrong and doing something about it

BTW Janmark is a Beaut

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Huge Janmark fan but having him on the 2nd line to start the season is certainly a decision.

Like @oXo Cube said, not the greatest “message”, but swapping Nuge and Skinner is the obvious and probably correct choice

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad