5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Congrats to Leo, what an absolute boulder of a diamond he got her
Screenshot_20240711_094554_Instagram.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Celeste Desjardins and Lauren Kyle (Connor's soon to be wife) are very close friends themsleves, Lauren had this to say on social media per this article:

“Crying so happy for you guys!!!!! Love you both,” wrote Lauren Kyle, the soon-to-be wife of Oilers captain Connor McDavid.

Good news for the Oilers that they're all close and can't really complain about both of them getting engaged to Canadian gals.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If those are the deals they sign, unless the cap rises DRAMATICALLY in the next 2 years, they have all but assured that next year is the last real chance for a cup.

I don't blame Drai for chasing the bag at all, but he needs to decide whether an extra $15-20 million is more important to him than a cup win. Drai has "only" made around $70 million gross in his career by the end of his current contract. It's a lot of money, but not quite true "generational wealth" levels, depending how he invests it. McDavid on the other hand could play for free and already has generational wealth.

The cap is going to be north of $100 million in a few years.

Leon has $70 mill in career earnings, but will be getting another roughly $100 million guaranteed probably in the coming weeks.

I think $170+ million US qualifies for generational wealth, lol. Sidney Crosby has made $140 some million in career earnings, can't really complain about substantially more than that if you're Drai IMO.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Celeste Desjardins and Lauren Kyle (Connor's soon to be wife) are very close friends themsleves, Lauren had this to say on social media per this article:

“Crying so happy for you guys!!!!! Love you both,” wrote Lauren Kyle, the soon-to-be wife of Oilers captain Connor McDavid.

Good news for the Oilers that they're all close and can't really complain about both of them getting engaged to Canadian gals.
Where is Drai's soon-to-be-wife from? Ontario?

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
I think 11.5-12 is fair for the player and the organization. His best comparable, Pastrnak, recently signed for 11.25 or something similar. Mac makes 12.6, but he's a much better player.Ma
Mac is alot flashier of a player but when Draisaitl is at 100% I have him as the second best in the world to McDavid. I even remember times over the previous 5 years where McDavid looked a little less dominant that Drai looked more important. Keep Draisaitl and McDavid forever please.

Reactions: Aerrol and TB12

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I would be shocked if either of them didn’t extend. Likely the decision has been made they’re staying and now it’s just a matter of working out the numbers and contract structure. When all said and done combined cap hit probably lands in around 27M.

If Connor is staying Leon is staying and there’s a lot of signs pointing to McDavid sticking around long term. I don’t think his agent would have left the firm he built up to take the Oilers job if Connor was planning on leaving in two years. Likewise I don’t think Mcdavid would have dumped a bunch of money into building their dream house if they planned to leave in a few years, his wife probably doesn’t base her design firm in Edmonton and open an office and hire employees if they weren’t sure of their future for the next 5-10 years at least.

These deals will get done and then all the haters can shift their goalposts from mcdavid and Draisaitl won’t re-sign to Edmonton can’t win paying these guys a combined 27M.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I would be shocked if either of them didn’t extend. Likely the decision has been made they’re staying and now it’s just a matter of working out the numbers and contract structure. When all said and done combined cap hit probably lands in around 27M.

If Connor is staying Leon is staying and there’s a lot of signs pointing to McDavid sticking around long term. I don’t think his agent would have left the firm he built up to take the Oilers job if Connor was planning on leaving in two years. Likewise I don’t think Mcdavid would have dumped a bunch of money into building their dream house if they planned to leave in a few years, his wife probably doesn’t base her design firm in Edmonton and open an office and hire employees if they weren’t sure of their future for the next 5-10 years at least.

These deals will get done and then all the haters can shift their goalposts from mcdavid and Draisaitl won’t re-sign to Edmonton can’t win paying these guys a combined 27M.
Yep just like they shifted goal posts calling a Connor a regular season hero who can’t hack it in the playoffs. The jealousy is real.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Leo liked this comment on his Instagram post 👀View attachment 894149
All my opinion, but there's way too many indicators that he's re-signing. Draft text to O'Reilly, his agent saying that he wants to be in Edmonton and the deal will be done before September as well as him liking this random persons insta post about an extension.

Love it, while he has no obligation to taking a discount I hope as a fan he does. Just looking forward to seeing the contract so we can confirm they're both staying and move on.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
All my opinion, but there's way too many indicators that he's re-signing. Draft text to O'Reilly, his agent saying that he wants to be in Edmonton and the deal will be done before September as well as him liking this random persons insta post about an extension.

Love it, while he has no obligation to taking a discount I hope as a fan he does. Just looking forward to seeing the contract so we can confirm they're both staying and move on.
13.25 x 8 is the rumor coming from Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad