Player Discussion Leon Draisaitl - 2019 All-Star

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Just wanted to say I remember when this team won the Mcdavid sweepstakes and Leon was badly trying to make the team. Hed face the media and get question after question about Mcdavid and how good he is. Our garbage media had no concept of how that could make a young guy trying to make the big team feel.

I hope he remembers how far he has come.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Just wanted to say I remember when this team won the Mcdavid sweepstakes and Leon was badly trying to make the team. Hed face the media and get question after question about Mcdavid and how good he is. Our garbage media had no concept of how that could make a young guy trying to make the big team feel.

I hope he remembers how far he has come.
Media takes credit for giving Drai the necessary adversity and drive :sarcasm:

Reactions: Del Preston

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Lmao the mods lock the Draisaitl - Time to prove thread as soon as he starts proving. That thread didn't go the way people expected

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What a player. I remember all the hand wringing when he got his extension, what a steal that contract has turned out to be.

I still think we could have gotten him cheaper based on comparables at the time. But who knows. Maybe Draisaitl told his agent " I know how dominant I will be in the future, dont sign for less than X amount"

Either way, it worked out. His contract will be a steal

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Drai is quite clearly better contract value than McD and particularly due to Drai being near ironman while McD has now already had 3 significant injuries. Of the two players McD exposes himself to more risk with his race car reliance. Drai is more controlled on the ice.
I don't disagree with anything in this post, but it's been 2 major injuries. A quad contusion should not be considered significant and could happen to anyone just from blocking a shot even.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Draisaitl has more assists this year than any other German player has had points in a season.

Reactions: Oilhawks

kovnik

Zadorov for Norris
Mar 28, 2008
2012 vs 2020. I remember him lighting up the youth leagues in Germany, now the NHL. :D

Uk2nZjg.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I don't disagree with anything in this post, but it's been 2 major injuries. A quad contusion should not be considered significant and could happen to anyone just from blocking a shot even.
The probability that McD has these kinds of injuries due to crashing into boards, posts is much higher than Drai due to the type of game McD plays. Drai takes more punishment hanging onto the puck, but not of the variety that is felling that Oak tree.

A crash to the net, crash to the boards style of game that McD engages in to be his most effective is of course more dangerous.

That Drai can produce more than McD without doing those higher risk plays is quite interesting. Drai is a more cerebral player and can break down whats available better. Nobody reads offensive zone better than Drai in hockey right now.

He's owning the NHL game after game and has been for the last couple seasons.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
100 points!

I posted this in the PGT, but Draisaitl could very well top this season in the future. His development curve has been insane since he was drafted.

He went from one of the worst players in the NHL to a 50 point player to a ppg player to a 100 point player to now the best player in the world. Just a dra(i)stic improvement every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad