Value of: Lehkonen to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Defensively sound winger. Reliable PKer. Got some scoring touch. Preferrable on the 3rd line. RFA who needs a qualifying offer at 2,3M

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
Rangers need depth, hes a very good forechecker + very good vs others team transition. 200 foot Game + 110% every shift.

As a habs, i would ask alot for him since you want him around for the rebuild with His not stop effort, very good for the kid. I dunno what nyr would offer

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR need a shoot-first RW, or 3C if Chytil stays on W,
much more than a middle 6 LW,
they have Kreider, Bread and Laf on left

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lehk is kinda useless in the season. He does nothing good. Even defensively, he's been subpar.
In the playoffs tho he's great at playing shutdown defense

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Lekhonen to Rangers, Geo to Oilers, Oilers 2nd round pick to Habs?
Why would the Habs do that? Much rather have Lehkonen than a mid 2nd round pick. You hope the 2nd turns out like Lehkonen. Lehkonen is also a RFA at season's end.

I'm not saying that he's worth more than a 2nd. But he's what the Habs need going forward with a rebuild. No point in trading him.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
via The Athletic: How to fix the Rangers' forward group: Internal solutions, plus trade targets for the top 6, third line and fourth line

Artturi Lehkonen has been all over the trade-targets lists for a bit, and sources told The Athletic that Drury and his former boss, Canadiens hockey operations chief Jeff Gorton, have been in contact regarding Lehkonen, who is a pending restricted free agent with arbitration rights and is due a $2.3 million qualifying offer. The talks are believed to have been preliminary.

Lehkonen is the sort of upgrade the Rangers would want not just for now but for the long haul. Sammy Blais filled this role before his torn ACL in November; Lehkonen will come in with a bigger RFA price tag beyond this season, but he does more and is better at it than Blais, having been a consistent 10-plus goal scorer his first four seasons before the shortened 2020-21 and ugly numbers this season for the bottom-dwelling Canadiens. He’s a third-liner and penalty-kill guy who contributes on offense and doesn’t kill you defensively. His 58.5 percent xG share is far and away the best on Montreal this season, so he must be doing something right amid all the wrong happening up there.

He won’t be cheap because he isn’t a rental. But Lehkonen gives the Rangers more options and a better third line even without other changes.

Reactions: alasania94

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
He's a bottom line player! Habs fans overvaluing every player

He is a decent 3rd liner with a good 200ft game. He is also good at PK and never gives up on the play. The guy gives 110% every shift for a 2,3M payroll. He is a valuable assett at his payroll and I`m struggling to see why Habs would trade him? There are plenty of others I would deal before Lehkonen.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers need depth, hes a very good forechecker + very good vs others team transition. 200 foot Game + 110% every shift.

As a habs, i would ask alot for him since you want him around for the rebuild with His not stop effort, very good for the kid. I dunno what nyr would offer
Rangers have a top 6 rw problem after trading Buch and not having anybody step up. We're not making a trade for a bottom 6 winger when we have loads of those.

Reactions: eco's bones

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's a bottom line player! Habs fans overvaluing every player
Overvaluing?? What are you saying, that Habs should take the 2nd and run?

He was a 2nd round pick when he was drafted and has lived up to his billing. He's also very good in the playoffs. Why trade him for a 2nd when you can hold him and enjoy the benefits of his game?

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
FTFY
Montreal is kinda useless in the season. They do nothing good. Even defensively, they’ve been subpar.
In the playoffs tho they’re great at playing shutdown defense

Seriously though, the whole team has been terrible and Lehk isn’t a play driver, so why would you expect him to rise above his supporting cast this season.

Lehk is a solid role player, and if you watched the East playoffs last year you saw what he can contribute to a team. Montreal isn’t exactly looking to move him, but I’d guess a 3rd plus a decent prospect or a 2nd if there’s a bidding war would certainly get it done.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Lehk is kinda useless in the season. He does nothing good. Even defensively, he's been subpar.
In the playoffs tho he's great at playing shutdown defense
Wonder why he's top 10 in the league amongst forwards with >300 minutes played at 5v5 in xGA/60, despite playing for the team with the 3rd worst xGA/60. On the PK he's been slightly disappointing like the whole team, because there's just no system there, but at 5v5 he's arguably been one of the best defensive forward this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad