News Article: Lebreton...UPDATE - Agreement made with NCC.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It’s possible , I think it will likely be 2030/2031 , but it sounds like Andlauer wants this bad and money can do a lot of things
Does anyone think the Senators will play a regular season game, at Lebreton Flats, before the end of this current decade…. Which has 2,282 days left in

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I don’t see that logistically possible
If they get shovels in the ground asap it could happen. Didnt the arena in Dallas only take 3 years to build?

Attachments

• IMG_8547.jpeg
    IMG_8547.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 1

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
If they get shovels in the ground asap it could happen. Didnt the arena in Dallas only take 3 years to build?
The construction timelines have nothing to do with it.

Andlauer said it himself he doesn't want an arena standing on its own, and that makes perfect sense. So before he is putting any shovel in the ground, the NCC and the City not only need to figure out exactly how the arena fits into the big picture, they have to first dot the I's and cross the T's on the big picture itself. And agree on it in the form of rezoning. That can be a slow undertaking when you're considering the massive potential, scale and value of Lebreton.

Then they need to make a handful of complicated land deals with a multitude of developers and then those developers need to go through the design process and get permits. All the while they need to make sure there isn't a domino effect started by the NCC, the City, the developers or the Sens that derails everything.

No way Andlauer puts a shovel in the ground until he is absolutely certain that the rest of Lebreton isn't going to sit vacant for X number of years after puck drop. He said it himself.

Best we can hope for is that the NCC takes on site remediation and they show good faith by starting that right away. Then at least the hole gets dug, timelines speed up by a few months and you get a meaningful commitment from the biggest stakeholder.

Andlauer should use this to gauge how serious the NCC is about a partnership. If I'm the Sens I'm saying to them "you dig the hole, I'll buy the land at 'fair market value.' Now get to work or we'll start looking elsewhere."

At the end of the day the Sens unfortunately do not have the option to rush into this. They'll be at the mercy of others for a couple years at least.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The construction timelines have nothing to do with it.

Andlauer said it himself he doesn't want an arena standing on its own, and that makes perfect sense. So before he is putting any shovel in the ground, the NCC and the City not only need to figure out exactly how the arena fits into the big picture, they have to first dot the I's and cross the T's on the big picture itself. And agree on it in the form of rezoning. That can be a slow undertaking when you're considering the massive potential, scale and value of Lebreton.

Then they need to make a handful of complicated land deals with a multitude of developers and then those developers need to go through the design process and get permits. All the while they need to make sure there isn't a domino effect started by the NCC, the City, the developers or the Sens that derails everything.

No way Andlauer puts a shovel in the ground until he is absolutely certain that the rest of Lebreton isn't going to sit vacant for X number of years after puck drop. He said it himself.

Best we can hope for is that the NCC takes on site remediation and they show good faith by starting that right away. Then at least the hole gets dug, timelines speed up by a few months and you get a meaningful commitment from the biggest stakeholder.

Andlauer should use this to gauge how serious the NCC is about a partnership. If I'm the Sens I'm saying to them "you dig the hole, I'll buy the land at 'fair market value.' Now get to work or we'll start looking elsewhere."

At the end of the day the Sens unfortunately do not have the option to rush into this. They'll be at the mercy of others for a couple years at least.

That makes sense. Building the arena first is just another CTC...an arena surrounded by nothing.

How feasible would it be to build a couple things concurrently? I'm thinking, in this case, you have to decontaminate the land first, so you might was well do the entire piece of land right away. That kinda opens the door to then have a couple different buildings being put up at the same time. But it would be a massive project. Not sure if we even have the manpower and expertise for that locally (considering everything else on the go in the area).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad