News Article: Lebreton...UPDATE - Agreement made with NCC.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Have they completed all of the environmental studies for the parcel of land at Lebreton?
No burial grounds? No natural habitats, swamps or other things that can be disturbed? ( I remember when Eagle Crdek golf course was being built they had to maintain the habitats/ swamps). Even a few years ago there were bald eagles nests that were causing issues at Eagle Creek.
Also when you look at the bird's eyeview of the Lebreton site you can see a little stream that will have to stay and be incorporated into the build.
I would have to think there could be underwater tributaries due to the proximity of the Ottawa River and the stream located at the site. So I wonder how that will affect digging and building any underground parking structures? Is there a lot of rock underneath the ground? That could present building challenges as well.
We all have heard about the contamination of the site which will also need to be cleaned up.
Won't the First Nations need to be consulted with regards to any environmental issues?

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I see a few people on other platforms saying "what about the fans in valley". The team is called the Ottawa Senators, not the Ottawa Valley Senators. The CTC is the worst location for an arena in the league, alongside Florida. The move benefits way more fans than it negatively impacts.
We'll have to see after a couple years of attendance figures.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Pretty confident we will drop the puck at Lebreton to start the 29/30 season if not 28/29

Having worked in the construction and construction adjacent industry for a decade now, I can confidently say that there is no way in sweet f*** a project of that size is completed in 4 years. Having it ready for the 2028 season is "I hope the LRT runs with no problems today" level optimistic.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Park and rides along the LRT lines will be very popular, especially when Bayview and Pimisi are connected to the stadium. Tunneys is a good one. Which others are there?

Tunneys isn't a park and ride. It just has tons of federal buildings with lots of surface parking.

The park and rides are in the outer suburbs - Kanata, Orleans, Stittsville, Barrhaven, Riverside South, Leitrim with the exception of South Keys and Baseline. I think Orleans might get one for phase 2 of line 1 but that'll be the only one for line 1 until (if?) phase 3. The line 2 park and rides are all in the south - South Keys, Riverside South and Leitrim.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Tunneys isn't a park and ride. It just has tons of federal buildings with lots of surface parking.

The park and rides are in the outer suburbs - Kanata, Orleans, Stittsville, Barrhaven, Riverside South, Leitrim with the exception of South Keys and Baseline. I think Orleans might get one for phase 2 of line 1 but that'll be the only one for line 1 until (if?) phase 3. The line 2 park and rides are all in the south - South Keys, Riverside South and Leitrim.
Orleans will have 2, Trim and Place D'orleans. Theres also parking not a far walk from Jeanne D'arc at Bob MacQuarie (not an official park n ride)

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
.....and this is why it will take 5 years to build the arena. I can't wait until you guys start debating toilet seats, grip tape for the stairs or garage door motors for the loading bays.
LOL, that will probably happen. Interesting to see how much conversation and debate parking has become.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Orleans will have 2, Trim and Place D'orleans. Theres also parking not a far walk from Jeanne D'arc at Bob MacQuarie (not an official park n ride)
Jean D'arc has a permit based park and ride, the same as Blair station. Its also possible they'll add more park and ride options once the line gets extended if there is a need.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
We'll have to see after a couple years of attendance figures.
It's not gonna be worse than the 2016-2020 seasons, that's for sure.

One of the funniest bits to me about all of the hand wringing about location, is that the current location has seen some pretty abysmal attendance numbers. Maybe Central/East-end fans will do a better job of supporting the team through lean years. Hard to justify the drive when the team sucks. Maybe a little easier when you can take a quick LRT or walk, and drink more to drown your sorrows.

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....

One of the funniest bits to me about all of the hand wringing about location, is that the current location has seen some pretty abysmal attendance numbers. Maybe Central/East-end fans will do a better job of supporting the team through lean years. Hard to justify the drive when the team sucks. Maybe a little easier when you can take a quick LRT or walk, and drink more to drown your sorrows.

Unless Andlauer gets divorced and develops a drinking problem, attendance should be fine regardless.

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Those are just min standards, if they want more parking for tenants they can do so, if they want to devote a floor of parking for public use, they can do that.
Absolutely, but where exactly do you think this parking will be? I can't see them going too deep as Lebreton is up against the Ottawa river and the risk of flooding. I don't see them setting aside prime real estate to build a surface parking structure. The whole point of this development was to build it on the LRT line and make it as ecco friendly as possible. By giving into the Sens that thwarts some of this so I don't believe parking is a priority. For games all along the LRT the will most likely have park n rides. Place D'Orleans, Gloucester Mall, St. Laurent, Rideau, Tunney's, Lincoln Fields, Bayshore etc will be where people will most likely have to park. There won't be nearly enough to satisfy a quarter of the demand on site. There is not that much land.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Absolutely, but where exactly do you think this parking will be? I can't see them going too deep as Lebreton is up against the Ottawa river and the risk of flooding. I don't see them setting aside prime real estate to build a surface parking structure. The whole point of this development was to build it on the LRT line and make it as ecco friendly as possible. By giving into the Sens that thwarts some of this so I don't believe parking is a priority. For games all along the LRT the will most likely have park n rides. Place D'Orleans, Gloucester Mall, St. Laurent, Rideau, Tunney's, Lincoln Fields, Bayshore etc will be where people will most likely have to park. There won't be nearly enough to satisfy a quarter of the demand on site. There is not that much land.
Condos dedicate some of the first few floors of the building to parking, nobody want to live on the 3rd floor anyways.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

We seriously need a reliable public transit system. Understandably Ottawa is a predominantly car city but with something that is reliable and can reach all ends of the city it would do wonders for people and eliminate a ton of traffic.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Lebreton is not on a flood plain.
Publicly available survey says...

1000001950.jpg

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Condos dedicate some of the first few floors of the building to parking, nobody want to live on the 3rd floor anyways.
I’ve also seen shops on the first floor, which would make more sense at LeBreton.
Parking can be underground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad