News Article: Lebreton...UPDATE - Agreement made with NCC.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Have they completed all of the environmental studies for the parcel of land at Lebreton?
No burial grounds? No natural habitats, swamps or other things that can be disturbed? ( I remember when Eagle Crdek golf course was being built they had to maintain the habitats/ swamps). Even a few years ago there were bald eagles nests that were causing issues at Eagle Creek.
Also when you look at the bird's eyeview of the Lebreton site you can see a little stream that will have to stay and be incorporated into the build.
I would have to think there could be underwater tributaries due to the proximity of the Ottawa River and the stream located at the site. So I wonder how that will affect digging and building any underground parking structures?
We all have heard about the contamination of the site which will also need to be cleaned up.
Won't the First Nations need to be consulted with regards to any environmental issues?

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I see a few people on other platforms saying "what about the fans in valley". The team is called the Ottawa Senators, not the Ottawa Valley Senators. The CTC is the worst location for an arena in the league, alongside Florida. The move benefits way more fans than it negatively impacts.
We'll have to see after a couple years of attendance figures.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Pretty confident we will drop the puck at Lebreton to start the 29/30 season if not 28/29

Having worked in the construction and construction adjacent industry for a decade now, I can confidently say that there is no way in sweet f*** a project of that size is completed in 4 years. Having it ready for the 2028 season is "I hope the LRT runs with no problems today" level optimistic.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Park and rides along the LRT lines will be very popular, especially when Bayview and Pimisi are connected to the stadium. Tunneys is a good one. Which others are there?

Tunneys isn't a park and ride. It just has tons of federal buildings with lots of surface parking.

The park and rides are in the outer suburbs - Kanata, Orleans, Stittsville, Barrhaven, Riverside South, Leitrim with the exception of South Keys and Baseline. I think Orleans might get one for phase 2 of line 1 but that'll be the only one for line 1 until (if?) phase 3. The line 2 park and rides are all in the south - South Keys, Riverside South and Leitrim.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
Tunneys isn't a park and ride. It just has tons of federal buildings with lots of surface parking.

The park and rides are in the outer suburbs - Kanata, Orleans, Stittsville, Barrhaven, Riverside South, Leitrim with the exception of South Keys and Baseline. I think Orleans might get one for phase 2 of line 1 but that'll be the only one for line 1 until (if?) phase 3. The line 2 park and rides are all in the south - South Keys, Riverside South and Leitrim.
Orleans will have 2, Trim and Place D'orleans. Theres also parking not a far walk from Jeanne D'arc at Bob MacQuarie (not an official park n ride)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad