News Article: Lebreton...UPDATE - Agreement made with NCC.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yes, pickup is not very good at the arena. It would be worse than the airport where there was a monopoly by the taxi company in collusion with the airport. I think an Uber could pick you up if you called it though.

Did they say what the expected cleanup cost is estimated to be?
It was 50 million like 8-10 years ago.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
It was 50 million like 8-10 years ago.
I don't think that number applies. 8-10 years ago they didn't have an arena site so who knows what the old hypotheticals applied to. Could be more, could be less.

Also, one thing people need to keep in mind is that the decontamination costs are only those above and beyond the excavation and hauling costs that would be assumed for the project regardless. So if it was $50M 8-10 years ago but that was from scratch, the actual cost for decontamination now that there is the need to excavate comes down to just the additional tipping or incineration fees and potentially added hauling costs depending on where the contaminated fill disposal site is.

It's not quite that simple but point is a huge percentage of the cost is now assumed in the need to excavate regardless. This doesn't necessarily favour the Sens unless the NCC says they will assume 100% of the costs to decontaminate and they transfer over the open hole. That will 'save' the sens 10's of millions. But as others have pointed out, it all comes out in the wash in the final sale price.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
18,000 seats?

Does anyone know how many parking spaces would be required for an 18,000 seat arena?

One sight says 1 spot per 3.5 attendees. That would mean 18,000 / 3.5 = 5,142 spots.
Parking? They’ll end up with a bunch of tulips, bike lanes and bike racks. LOL.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Andlauer wants to have the rink done in 5 years.

Sounds like a job for the O-Train guys.

What do you bet - Gabriel Elliason plays his first game downtown or in Kanata? I’ll say downtown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad